Thread: Calling Elvis (a talking only CD)

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    I just received the "Calling Elvis" CD. Man, what a great piece of work this is. Before receiving it, I was more excited about the fabulous artwork (by Unchained) than the content. I mean, a CD with only talking?

But while listening I became very fascinated about this CD. It grows on you and soon will be a CD that you're glad to own. Besides "Having Fun With Elvis On Stage - volume 1" I don't own any CD or LP with Elvis talking only. So hearing this one is pretty new for me. What strikes me most is how sincere and friendly Elvis is during the interviews.

01 - The famous splitscreen interview with Elvis answering questions during the "Hy Gardner Calling" program. Fantastic!
    02 - An interview with "Buddy", Elvis talks very open about his first movie, that he never should have done it.
    03 - Elvis is in Germany and is called by a Hawaiian radiostation. You can hear how happy Elvis is to hear people from the US. He really sounds homesick and eager to make his return to the States.

It's great to hear Elvis talking about himself. Especially because I only have heard very few interviews and most of them being short clips. It won't become the most listened to CD in my collection, but surely one that I care for a lot.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    It sounds and certainly looks like a great CD. I just may have to pick that up.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Hi,

What about the Felton Jarvis interview, he imitates Elvis in a real funny way.......plus there are some surprices right after that intv. Albert  

Unchained.
    At first I liked this Felton Jarvis interview, but after a few minutes it gives me a bad taste in my mouth. We all know that you can say the truth best when making a joke of it. The way they make fun of Elvis talking disabilities (stuttering), his intelligence (by pretending not knowing what Jackie asks), the bad language.... to me it sounds like personnel making fun of their boss and doing it behind his back. We all know how bad the situtation was in mid '76. I bet that Elvis wasn't present at this party....
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

International Level
    Where can i get this cd.

Because I Never Hard Of This Until Now.

At first I liked this Felton Jarvis interview, but after a few minutes it gives me a bad taste in my mouth. We all know that you can say the truth best when making a joke of it. The way they make fun of Elvis talking disabilities (stuttering), his intelligence (by pretending not knowing what Jackie asks), the bad language....  to me it sounds like personnel making fun of their boss and doing it behind his back. We all know how bad the situtation was in mid '76. I bet that Elvis wasn't present at this party....
    You are correct, Albert. EP was not present at that "party" and I also share your views in Felton's behavior.

I will also admit, is was very funny the first time I heard it, but it doesn't sit well with me after one listen.

If you ask me, Elvis should have taken that kidney back from Felton. :wink:

- Capt. "EL."

PS - These "talking" CD releases are, IMO, at this point .......... just rehashing what has already been released and re-combining it all into different packages and re-selling the same stuff over and over to the "fans" / "collectors." To each their own, but I think that they are a waste of money.

International Level
    Thank you unchained.

for those links.

Thanks for the links, sure looks like a great release to me.
    And a lot of these interviews are completely new to me