Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Elvis and Maggie Smith-according to Marty "I was there" Lacker

Elvis and Maggie Smith-according to Marty "I was there" Lacker

This all goes against what Nancy Rooks wrote in her book about a beautiful black girl who EP dated that worked for him named Maggie. Marty calls her a "maid". But she's only been known as a "receptionist" which is not a maid by any means necessary. Sounds to me by Lacker's remarks that he didn't particularly like her for some reason. Makes you wonder about what really went on around Graceland and what really didn't.

Here's what Marty replied to at Alt-King. For some reason I feel that he's hiding something.

> Marty, or someone else who might know,

> What's the story on Maggie Smith?
    > She allegedly was a college student hired as a maid at Graceland, but
    what's
    > the rest of the story on her?
    > According to Guralnick, Elvis bought her and her mother a car in 1974, and
    > after he gave them the car (a car that she and her mother were thinking of
    > buying for themselves) he hired her as a maid. And some days after the
    > hiring, according to Guralnick, he bought her another car to have on her
    own
    > to commute to school. She was still at Graceland in 1977.
    > Is that the whole story, or is there more to it? Thanks,
    > --
    > T.

That's it. She was just one of those persons that Elvis felt sorry for when
    he met them by chance. They didn't have much and he liked the fact that she
    was very dilligent about going to school.

She basically sat in the kitchen and did her homework which is what Elvis
    told her to do. There was nothing romantic going on. She was not that
    attractive. When she finished her homework she did little things around the
    house that the maids asked her to.

Actually we hardly knew she was there.

Marty
    Last edited by EP75; 12-01-2007 at 07:52 PM.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

Why are you bashing Lacker with the "I was there" comment?

Personally, I'd rather trust his perceptions than Rooks' any day.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I would go with the Lacker version.he might be rude and crude,but he's honest and straight forward.
    Jak

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    I would go with the Lacker version.he might be rude and crude,but he's honest and straight forward.
    Jak

Marty Lacker is jealous.Hes the only one who knew elvis

Quote Originally Posted by meg View Post
    Marty Lacker is jealous.Hes the only one who knew elvis
    Jealous of somebody named Maggie that nobody even knows about?I doubt it.Like it or not Lacker knew Elvis very well.
    Jak

Hes the only one who knew elvis
    Lacker has never made that claim about himself, nor have any other members of the MM (despite what the naysayers and MM bashers would have you believe). You are putting words into his mouth that shouldn't be there.

Lacker was one of the best men at Elvis' wedding, remember.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Cadillac King
    Jealous of somebody named Maggie that nobody even knows about?I doubt it.Like it or not Lacker knew Elvis very well.
    Jak
    So many people disappeared on AEK because of marty.He told everyone who knew elvis they are liars.And one of them was Sandi Miller from the book behind the image.So did he with many moreI saw that 9 years

So many people disappeared on AEK because of marty.He told everyone who knew elvis they are liars.And one of them was Sandi Miller from the book behind the image.So did he with many moreI saw that 9 years
    I'd suggest Marty knew Elvis a hell of a lot better than Sandi Miller ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

does this subject matter really matter? I thought nancy's book was really good. I like the MM. Obviously not everyone knew what was going on in Elvis' mind - they can only speculate sometimes. I don't think this subject matter is important enough to start an argument over - do you? Where is Maggie now? Has she ever said her side?

It's possible Lacjer was merely correcting those that tended to embelish their stories.Sandi Miller had some great times and awesome memories of Elvis.She is best described as a great fan who got lucky enough to meet Elvis several times.However her relationship with Elvis was light years from Lacker's.Lacker was one of the boys.A true insider.Miller never got anywhere close to that.She was part of a group of fans that hung around.
    Jak

"That's it. She was just one of those persons that Elvis felt sorry for when

Actually we hardly knew she was there."

OMG....if that aint the biggest arrogant and envious statement ever!

He's a jerk to be sayin she wasn't all that attractive and that Elvis only felt sorry for her. Maybe he wanted her and she wouldn't give him any.

And some of yall "so-called" fans support these *****s.

Nancy does say in her book that he dated Maggie, but she claims Maggie was killed in a fight as well.

Maggie aint dead. She lives here in Memphis, lol.

She just don't want the media coverage and pressures that would follow her everyday life, as some crave it, like the MM.

Plus, Elvis' nurse even said he was close to Maggie as well and befriended her.

She said Maggie would go to Graceland and do her homework and used Elvis' office, not his kitchen, lol

This is why I hate the mafia......a bunch of southern redneck racists who give Elvis a bad rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post

He's a jerk to be sayin she wasn't all that attractive and that Elvis only felt sorry for her. Maybe he wanted her and she wouldn't give him any.

Nancy does say in her book that he dated Maggie, but she claims Maggie was killed in a fight as well.

She just don't want the media coverage and pressures that would follow her everyday life, as some crave it, like the MM.

She said Maggie would go to Graceland and do her homework and used Elvis' office, not his kitchen, lol

This is why I hate the mafia......a bunch of southern redneck racists who give Elvis a bad rep.
    That was incredible.You couldnt make this stuff up.

Cadillac King
    Your right

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post

Well said in my opinion

I've got to agree with meg and jen on this one.
    There's several people that were in Elvis' life that a few of the MM remember but won't recognize. Then there's others that do.
    Marty is just one of the negative ones. I wouldn't believe anything he says.

I'm not sure what this has to with Maggie though.
    What was this post for to begin with?
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

The problem lies within the fact that many people cant distinguish the minor players in Elvis' life between the truly important ones.Even Nancy was a minor one.A wonderfull lady,but only a minor player in Elvis' life.
    Jak

Cadillac King
    [QUOTE=jak;164465]The problem lies within the fact that many people cant distinguish the minor players in Elvis' life between the truly important ones.Even Nancy was a minor one.A wonderfull lady,but only a minor player in Elvis' life.
    Jak[/QUOTE

Better a minor player who is honest as a big one who cant tell the truth

So, do you know who is telling the "truth"? Were you there? People's memory differ; people remember things differently and that doesn't mean they are deliberately lying or not stating their truth - us fans have to put the pieces from various sources together ourselves and believe what we want to belive as no "truth" is the ultimate truth

[QUOTE=meg;164466]
    The problem lies within the fact that many people cant distinguish the minor players in Elvis' life between the truly important ones.Even Nancy was a minor one.A wonderfull lady,but only a minor player in Elvis' life.
    Jak[/QUOTE

You just dont like the message.Nancy said Maggie was dead.I guess her facts are wrong arent they?

[QUOTE=Jth;164467]

So, do you know who is telling the "truth"? Were you there? People's memory differ; people remember things differently and that doesn't mean they are deliberately lying or not stating their truth - us fans have to put the pieces from various sources together ourselves and believe what we want to belive as no "truth" is the ultimate truth
    In this case I do know who's telling the truth.If you people want to believe that Maggie was as integral part of his life you go ahead.Dont forget to leave Santa out some cookies this xmas!
    Jak

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast