Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Yall next week's the week!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post
    Wicked, some folks don't know the difference between apples and oranges.

The "Disney" reference is got more to do with Graceland becomin as popular of an attraction on a scale with what Disney is today.

It aint gonna be an amusement park. Disney's basically a family style resort with multiple attractions.

That's Sillerman's plan for the whole area. He's got no plans to turn it into an Elvis theme park

I posted this way back last year at E1 forum.

It's gonna be a themed attraction with museums, restaurants, and shops, like Disney has.

As my friend/source put it......a museum complex designed like a theme park but with no rides.

It's mind bogglin to see most folks here can't comprehend that and still say they don't wanna see an amusement park at Graceland.

And they question my IQ? LMBAO
    Thanks for clearing this up! Maybe one of the restaurants will be a new Elvis Presley's Memphis? Ok, I'm hoping All the times I've been to Memphis never been there. Well, I been there once, I was with my cousin who lives in Memphis and it was no more than five minutes. Sorry a bit OT

Quote Originally Posted by Awickedreigndrop View Post
    Thanks for clearing this up! Maybe one of the restaurants will be a new Elvis Presley's Memphis? Ok, I'm hoping All the times I've been to Memphis never been there. Well, I been there once, I was with my cousin who lives in Memphis and it was no more than five minutes. Sorry a bit OT
    No problem, glad I could help.

I asked my friend, who's in the know about the plans, if there's gonna be another EPM restaurant, and he told me he didn't know, but that upscale theme restaurants are in the plan.

So maybe so.

Where does your cousin live? What part of town?

No problem, glad I could help.

I asked my friend, who's in the know about the plans, if there's gonna be another EPM restaurant, and he told me he didn't know, but that upscale theme restaurants are in the plan.

So maybe so.

Where does your cousin live? What part of town?
    Shelby County I think. I know we take a right off of Lamar Ave onto Winchester(From New Albany, MS) to get to her house. Not too far from The Sonic Drive In. I have a few more cousins that live in Millington, TN. A lot of my family live in Tennessee, Mississppi, and Arkansas. Idk how my parents ended up in Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    "the former residents of Whiteheaven,
    the prostitutes, dealer, junkies and other criminals.." someone said,

Well they cant all be like this, and i have to think, where are the so-called "former residents of Whiteheaven, the prostitutes and junkies and criminals" gonna go?
    hmm.. I dont think Elvis would want destitute people moved out of their residences just for urban planning to make Graceland look better.
    Where are they gonna go? Is there a plan for that? Just wondering.
    I said that. And what you say is exactly what I meant.
    Looks like there was plenty of money for various reintegration plans,
    around 10 billion $ .... . Obviously turning Whitehaven into an
    amusement park solves all the problems with criminality they have .

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    When l take my kid to graceland l don't want to see any drug dealers or prostitutes hanging out. Won't go till things are more safe in that area.
    You will find those people in every city, unfortunatelly only few of those
    cities have their own Sillerman to build a Disney World for them .

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Clawdy View Post
    I said that. And what you say is exactly what I meant.
    Looks like there was plenty of money for various reintegration plans,
    around 10 billion $ .... . Obviously turning Whitehaven into an
    amusement park solves all the problems with criminality they have .

You will find those people in every city, unfortunatelly only few of those
    cities have their own Sillerman to build a Disney World for them .
    I know they happen at every place, l live where there murders everyday, but still l won't take my kid to graceland till they clean up the area.

Yall, here's what went down this week at the City Council meetings.

Sillerman is puttin in way more money than was originally planned.

It was supposed to be anywhere from $200 M to $250 M. Now it's expected the cost could reach as high as $400 M before it's all done

EPE aint gonna say right now how much the final cost will be because they don't want the fans to overreact. Fans overreact?

So far, the plans are a new 500-600 room hotel, a convention center (newly added to the plan), possibly an indoor amphitheater (bein considered instead of an outdoor amphitheater that was originally planned, although that could change), new museum and visitor center and complex, new street lighting and wider sidewalks, flags and Elvis banners, basically new everything!!

The city's bein asked to finance the infrastructure of the project which includes all street work, utilities, and cleanin up on EPB, tearin down bad areas, such as projects and run down business and sellin the land to new developers in the area.

Yall, Sillerman has more power than some of yall think. LMP gave him permission to do some things on the grounds, but nothin drastic.

They're gonna take up all the telephone poles and lines on the Graceland property and around the area and run it all underground.

They might be tearin out the original foundation side brick wall on the left of the mansion to run a new walk way up to the house for future tours.

The whole area to the left of Graceland gates will be completely revamped and where the new visitor center and complex will be. It's gonna be BIG....really BIG!!

There will definitely be a new entrance to Graceland.

There won't be anymore bussin and walkin across the street.

Taxes won't be affected by this.

It's mostly private funded with Government financial support.

Sillerman is payin 3/4 of the project himself.

It's gonna be the city's largest private investment in city history.

American Idol could be tied into it as well.

The city is so behind the project now that tax dollars won't be raised in any way, that they are optimistic the new CC will pass the readings to approve rezonin.

Those readings should happen within the first of the year and groundbreaking could begin as early as mid February 08.

This is an unbelievable time and opportunity for Elvis, Graceland, and most importantly......Whitehaven in general.

I told yall months ago what was about to happen. Jay posted it here and on his blog back then and yall called us both liars.

Ahhhh......it's so cool havin folks in high places.

It was supposed to be anywhere from $200 M to $250 M. Now it's expected the cost could reach as high as $400 M before it's all done

EPE aint gonna say right now how much the final cost will be because they don't want the fans to overreact. Fans overreact?

So far, the plans are a new 500-600 room hotel, a convention center (newly added to the plan), possibly an indoor amphitheater (bein considered instead of an outdoor amphitheater that was originally planned, although that could change), new museum and visitor center and complex, new street lighting and wider sidewalks, flags and Elvis banners, basically new everything!!

The city's bein asked to finance the infrastructure of the project which includes all street work, utilities, and cleanin up on EPB, tearin down bad areas, such as projects and run down business and sellin the land to new developers in the area.

Yall, Sillerman has more power than some of yall think. LMP gave him permission to do some things on the grounds, but nothin drastic.

They're gonna take up all the telephone poles and lines on the Graceland property and around the area and run it all underground.

They might be tearin out the original foundation side brick wall on the left of the mansion to run a new walk way up to the house for future tours.

The whole area to the left of Graceland gates will be completely revamped and where the new visitor center and complex will be. It's gonna be BIG....really BIG!!

The city is so behind the project now that tax dollars won't be raised in any way, that they are optimistic the new CC will pass the readings to approve rezonin.

Those readings should happen within the first of the year and groundbreaking could begin as early as mid February 08.

This is an unbelievable time and opportunity for Elvis, Graceland, and most importantly......Whitehaven in general.

I told yall months ago what was about to happen. Jay posted it here and on his blog back then and yall called us both liars.

So.....instead of a Disney theme, now we are talking American Idol???? Is Simon going to come and give his opinion of things?? Better still....are they going to hold auditions at Graceland??? Pleazzzzzzzzee!

Yall, Sillerman has more power than some of yall think. LMP gave him permission to do some things on the grounds, but nothin drastic.They're gonna take up all the telephone poles and lines on the Graceland property and around the area and run it all underground.

IMO I'm sure if she did not agree with the changes-she would not allow them.
    Power has nothing to do with it I'm sure. It implies that Sillerman somehow "Godfathered" her into agreeing. I don't think thats the case.
    Its like I said I'm all for drawing more young people and people in general.
    But its not worth worrying about. If it happens and its for the "good of Graceland" fine by me. Projects like this do not happen overnight and in the mean time things can happen which can change the situation totally.
    In my area a friend lived near an intersection where a new highway was suppose to come through. To make a long story short he worried that they were going to need his house and land-they finally made him an offer and bought the house-"5 years after the proposals were first introduced". The highway took 9 years to complete and it ended up they did not need his land to start with plus several others on that corner.

Forty-two lines of this post ... with no source.

Again.

Any chance of posting one, or are we expected to take you at your word here?
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Loving elvis
    Billionaire Plans to Spend Millions on Graceland.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WHBQ FOX13 myfoxmemphis.com) -- The process for renovating Graceland officially kicks off Tuesday and more money than originally thought is expected to be invested in Elvis' Memphis home.

The name "Elvis Presley" and the rights to Graceland are owned by billionaire businessman Robert Sillerman.

Tuesday the Memphis City Council plans to clear the way for Sillerman to make more than $200 million worth of improvements near Elvis' Memphis mansion.

Watch the video:

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/myfox/pa...d=1.1.1&sflg=1

2007/12/07 www.myfoxmemphis.com / www.epgold.com

Loving elvis
    From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book
    To: [email protected]
    CC: "graceland" <[email protected]>
    Subject: RE: Changes at graceland
    Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 10:32:31 -0600
    Yes, there's truth to it, but initial and follow-up news coverage since our 2006 announcement of our plans for the future of the Graceland visitor center properties has been misleading at times - for instance, suggesting that we're remodeling the mansion and original grounds, which is not true. This FAQ item we posted on Elvis.com some time ago should clarify things and calm any concerns you might have: http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=980 . Also, there are a couple of articles posted in News Archive on the site that are accurate. A June 2007 article: http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=1295 . An August 2007 article: http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=1260 .

Thanks & best.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2007 2:01 PM
    To: marketing
    Subject: Changes at graceland

Hello. My name is Jennifer

My question is this is a rumor going on about changes in memphis by graceland. I'am wondering if theres any turth to this matter??

Heres the infor.. Thank youCouncil looks to leave lasting legacy with Graceland plan.

Elvis Presley, an icon in his time and the most famous person to come out of Memphis, would no doubt be excited about future plans for his former home.

New Yorker Bob Sillerman wants to make Graceland into a mega-resort like Disney World- or maybe Elvis World. To support his idea, Sillerman is pumping more than $200 million into the area around Graceland mansion.

Next week, the Memphis City Council hopes to pass a resolution showing support of the project.

"Perhaps streetscape, trees, lighting, banners..that have different messages to talk about things that are Elvis like," said City Council member Tom Marshall.

Right now, the plan calls for a hotel and convention center, a walkway to the Graceland mansion, retail shops, and restaurants on more than 100 acres Sillerman's group bought from owners of properties surrounding Graceland .

"I know they have been pretty fair about what they bought this property for," said Baba Makki, who leases property near Graceland . "I know the owner of this place. I think they paid him a good price."

Marshall is enthusiastic about the project. "It's going to be a rebirth of the Whitehaven area," he said.

Marshall insists the City Council has studied the issue and wants to be the first to pass a resolution supporting it. Future councils will have to discuss zoning, tax abatements, and incentives, but the current crop of city leaders want to be the first on-board.

"That is the greatest draw to Memphis from an international point of view, and I think it is going to be extremely exciting," Marshall said.

Exciting for Memphis and the millions of fans who visit Graceland each year.

Marshall said Memphians should not expect to see the project funded by a tax hike.

Watch the wmctv video clip Graceland legacy:

http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=7435396

and you can bet sillermann will put the prices so normal fans can't afford to go there
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Forty-two lines of this post ... with no source.

Again.

Any chance of posting one, or are we expected to take you at your word here?

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    our plans for the future of the Graceland visitor center properties has been misleading at times - for instance, suggesting that we're remodeling the mansion and original grounds, which is not true.
    Lakeisha, Lakeisha, Lakeisha ...

This really is getting beyond a joke now.

Thanks for posting EPE's responses, presley31.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Loving elvis

your welcome

TCB Mafia

So we are sayign Lakeisha's "sources" are not correct? And to think she gloated for nothing.

TCB Mafia
    If this is all it is, I can live with it.

Did I ever say they were gonna remodel Graceland? No I didn't, so stop puttin words in my mouth.

I said that the area around it was gonna be revamped. Jay's the one who posted that Sillerman wanted to remodel, not me.

Yall need to get yo eyes checked, lol.

EPE even said there's truth to what's been rumored.

They were referrin to the original news media reports sayin it was gonna be a theme park.

It aint gonna be a theme park, but it's gonna be a thematic attraction. Just wait and see for yourself.

So, once gain....I was right about all that I posted for the past year and a half now.

Holla

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    If this is all it is, I can live with it.
    There's gonna be a retail and entertainment complex with dining and possibly live music as well.

I agree Getlo LOL
    And my my my how the story changes...went from disney theme to really not, to American Idol...jeez LOL
    Also the hotel, convention, etc...nothing new, this has been in the news for months.
    And according to EPE no new plan for another Elvis Presley's Memphis restaurant, @ the old EPM there is a new owner and Elvis name in the restaurants name but not themed as EPM was so that lays that to rest.

It aint gonna be a theme park, but it's gonna be a thematic attraction. Just wait and see for yourself
    And the difference is???????????

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast