Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Yall next week's the week!

Yall next week's the week!

Remember I told yall that my source said there was gonna be a big announcement within a week or so about the new plans for Graceland?

Well, it was on the news here tonight that the current city council is gonna go ahead and start up the new redevelopment of Graceland instead of waitin on a new city council.

Sillerman is gonna kick in 200 million dollars on his own money into the area as part of the deal.

Sillerman and EPE are gonna have a big announcement next week, this comin week.

They said somethin about an Elvis World like Disney World was gonna be part of the plan in over a 100 acres.

There's gonna be a convention center and a new walk way to Graceland as well, accordin to the news.

So next week we'll know more about the transformation that's about to take place at Graceland and then yall anti-Sillerman haters can judge his decisions.

IMO, I think yall should give the guy a chance and see what it's all gonna be first.

So far everything I've heard is that he's keepin the integrity of the mansion by buildin all the new attractions around it and that it's gonna be phenomenal!

Tom Marshall called it "Memphis' own Disney".

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post
    Remember I told yall that my source said there was gonna be a big announcement within a week or so about the new plans for Graceland?

Well, it was on the news here tonight that the current city council is gonna go ahead and start up the new redevelopment of Graceland instead of waitin on a new city council.

Sillerman is gonna kick in 200 million dollars on his own money into the area as part of the deal.

They said somethin about an Elvis World like Disney World was gonna be part of the plan in over a 100 acres.

There's gonna be a convention center and a new walk way to Graceland as well, accordin to the news.

So next week we'll know more about the transformation that's about to take place at Graceland and then yall anti-Sillerman haters can judge his decisions.

IMO, I think yall should give the guy a chance and see what it's all gonna be first.

So far everything I've heard is that he's keepin the integrity of the mansion by buildin all the new attractions around it and that it's gonna be phenomenal!

Maybe some of the "anti Sillerman haters" would like him better if you would give it a rest. Don't you ever get tired of the same old posts Lakeisha? Maybe you need to try a new approach.

lakeisha,

i can only second utmom's posting. in your little lakeisha-world this 'one-and-only-elvis-topic-of-interest-for-little-lakeisha' may play THE major role, the rest of the forum has a not-so-little-elvis-world with a few more topics.

may we all hope you're not going to start a new thread every day, counting down . forumbuddies, remember to include this topic in your evening prayers .

greetings from a forum-member living in a 'not-so-tiny-elvis-world'.

(PS: question to the admins: what again was the definition of 'SPAM'? wouldn't that SAME topic in numerous threads within a couple of weeks, started by one and the same user, qualify for that definition? just an idea.

hugs, ellie)
    Last edited by EDOEP; 12-01-2007 at 07:39 AM.
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

Loving elvis

Thanks but will wait to see this for myself.

After this post I'm going to skip this thread....I'm all Sillermaned out.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    After this post I'm going to skip this thread....I'm all Sillermaned out.

Diane
    you are so right, diane & and presley31 & utmom .... we shouldn't 'feed the trolls' in general, and especially not our very TCB-world-own trolls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

hugs, ellie

First of all, don't be gettin no attitude with me. None of yall got any right to diss me on this.

I just posted what was said on the news about a big announcement for this comin week.

Second, if yall got an issue or a problem with me postin some info, that aint spam either, then too bad.....it's Elvis related and it goes here.

Last, I don't know about some of yall, but the Graceland news around here has been #1 topic lately. Especially in Whitehaven where it could make or break the future of that, my former hood, community.

Admins.....I thought harassment wasn't allowed here?

Loving elvis
    First of all, don't be gettin no attitude with me. None of yall got any right to diss me on this.

I just posted what was said on the news about a big announcement for this comin week.

Second, if yall got an issue or a problem with me postin some info, that aint spam either, then too bad.....it's Elvis related and it goes here.

Last, I don't know about some of yall, but the Graceland news around here has been #1 topic lately. Especially in Whitehaven where it could make or break the future of that, my former hood, community.

i don't have any problems with you, just haven't heard anything about changes.
    Last edited by presley31; 12-01-2007 at 08:18 AM.

Since some of yall think I'm makin it up, here's your proof.

It's from WMC 5 here in town.

It's not from the news station I saw last night, but it's basically the same thing.

Watch the vid clip for the report.

http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=7435396

Roustabouts
    Getting back on topic, I'm a bit wary of having Elvis associated with Disney as it might make Elvis look more of a comic charater or a figure of fun then he already is in the American public eye. But then again it will probably draw more visitors to Graceland which is what Silverman wants.
    Last edited by garydt; 12-01-2007 at 08:23 AM. Reason: typo
    My website for Elvis fans -

www.elvis-people.com

Loving elvis
    Outside of graceland would be nice but l don't want to see graceland or the grounds being touched.

TCB Mafia
    Another thread on this topic....AGAIN?

You all know where this is heading.

Lakeisha thinks she is being harrased when the members on here are just telling her we are tired of this same old subject polluting the board.

Time to lock this thread before it turns into another 50 page slugfest.

Disney at Graceland. Memphis can have it, and continue to be the joke city of the USA.

BTW, what is this word "Yall"? What does it mean?

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post

Lakeisha thinks she is being harrased when the members on here are just telling her we are tired of this same old subject polluting the board.

Disney at Graceland. Memphis can have it, and continue to be the joke city of the USA.

http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=7435396 take a look

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    Saw it the first time, and not denying anything here. Just pointing out that this thread is alreading heading into the toilet.

Loving elvis
    Saw it the first time, and not denying anything here. Just pointing out that this thread is alreading heading into the toilet.
    I just sent a email to EPE to see what they have to say about these changes. Will post the email when they reply.

I can see how happy this would make the people living in Whitehaven and surrounding areas. I've always said Graceland and that whole area needs to be cleaned up . None of us live there, {I don't guess,} so it's not as important to us as the ones that live there. Except, we'd not want to see Graceland {or anyplace close} made a Disneyland.
    IMO; the first I saw of this "bothered" some . But, it was the way it was worded, not necessarilly the content. Maybe too much "fanfare" before it's actually come to pass? Anyway, I'm happy for the residents that live there .
    I take the position of; lets wait and see before getting too excited.

Your last comment as to harassment . I agree . It destroys a site.
    If all one wants to do is fuss and fight....get married .
    There are ways to disagree without hurting other people.
    This is not my site or many would not be here .
    Ultimately, it's up to us whether we want to take the abuse or move on to a more friendly place.
    Ciao~~~~~
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

... Admins.....I thought harassment wasn't allowed here?
    lakeisha,

'harrassing' would be if i posted in plain and simple words what i think your IQ-level is ..... no need to do so, however, you're doing a perfect job yourself on that issue.

and one more time your 'reliable' source is that phony TV-station that you are quoting all the time. probably because there's no other source you possibly could quote. and should next week like always nothing be confirmed, as usual you'll find 27 explanations why ....

Please cool down.

Thank you.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

yes, and the member got a warning for telling her so

hugs, rocknroll!

ellie

.....it's Elvis related and it goes here.
    Again I'll say this; no it's not

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast