Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Yall next week's the week!

Loving elvis
    The information that Lakeisha just posted, must have some turth to it cause it just got posted in the elvis gold collectors news.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    After this post I'm going to skip this thread....I'm all Sillermaned out.

Diane
    Wonderful idea Diane If we would all stop replying to these inflamatory threads about Graceland maybe she will stop posting them. IMO..it is only done to get a rise out of everybody. It's very interesting that she never posts on any other subject.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Wonderful idea Diane If we would all stop replying to these inflamatory threads about Graceland maybe she will stop posting them. IMO..it is only done to get a rise out of everybody. It's very interesting that she never posts on any other subject.
    she's entitled to post stuff to, no matter if we like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    she's entitled to post stuff to, no matter if we like it or not.
    Yes, she is entitled to post AND we are entitled not to respond!!

Loving elvis
    I just spoke to someone from memphis that says that theres some turth to this matter, but graceland won't be touched, they just want to clean up the area around graceland for visitors.

Well i was planning to go to the U.S.A. again to see Graceland again !
    If this really gonna happen , I stay at home and spend my money on some new items !!
    It really would be a great lost ( at least that's how i feel about it )
    I always went to feel the Elvis Magic and i don't go for the Disney magic !!
    COLONEL DRIES SAYS ;
    "THAT'S MY BOY"

I just spoke to someone from memphis that says that theres some turth to this matter, but graceland won't be touched, they just want to clean up the area around graceland for visitors.
    Isn't there a significant difference between 'cleaning up the area' and 'building an Elvis Disney World' ???

Quote Originally Posted by COL DRIES View Post
    Well i was planning to go to the U.S.A. again to see Graceland again !
    If this really gonna happen , I stay at home and spend my money on some new items !!
    It really would be a great lost ( at least that's how i feel about it )
    I always went to feel the Elvis Magic and i don't go for the Disney magic !!
    You are lucky, you already have felt the Elvis Magic , I am envious .

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Clawdy View Post
    Isn't there a significant difference between 'cleaning up the area' and 'building an Elvis Disney World' ???

You are lucky, you already have felt the Elvis Magic , I am envious .
    Right now, the plan calls for a hotel and convention center, a walkway to the Graceland mansion, retail shops, and restaurants on more than 100 acres Sillerman's group bought from owners of properties surrounding Graceland

doesn't sound so bad to me

Right now, the plan calls for a hotel and convention center, a walkway to the Graceland mansion, retail shops, and restaurants on more than 100 acres Sillerman's group bought from owners of properties surrounding Graceland

I agree...I honestly think we're all getting a little too excited and opinionated over what I would consider to be a very good change to Memphis and the area around Graceland.

Always remember...Bob Sillerman absolutely cannot touch the mansion or alternate it in any way whatsoever. It's Lisa's and Lisa's alone to touch...nobody else.

The area around Graceland is not a safe area, and hasn't been for several years. The Memphis of today is very different than the Memphis of the 50's or even the late 70's. Crime continues to get worse, someone is shot or killed there on a daily basis, the city government is scandal-ridden and the mayor who's served there for 16 years continues to be re-elected despite the growing problems and his own scandals. I was raised an hour away from there, and know many people from Memphis, so I have watched that great city continue to drown itself in problems and crime over the years. I don't know what the solution is, perhaps if all of this comes to pass, it might help out the city, and at least make the immediate area around the mansion safer. I haven't been to Graceland in five years now, I used to go whenever I could do so. It's just not worth the headaches now to go because of where it's at, and that's sad to me. So anyway, I guess we will see years down the road what effect this will have on Memphis and Elvis's image/legacy.

In the article you posted it also says:

'New Yorker Bob Sillerman wants to make Graceland into a mega-resort like Disney World- or maybe Elvis World. To support his idea, Sillerman is pumping more than $200 million into the area around Graceland mansion.'

Doesn't sound so good to me

Quote Originally Posted by ruggishboo View Post
    I haven't been to Graceland in five years now, I used to go whenever I could do so. It's just not worth the headaches now to go because of where it's at, and that's sad to me. So anyway, I guess we will see years down the road what effect this will have on Memphis and Elvis's image/legacy.
    Can you tell us exactly what you mean when you say you haven't been in 5 years because it's not worth the headache? Do you not feel safe because of the crime??

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Can you tell us exactly what you mean when you say you haven't been in 5 years because it's not worth the headache? Do you not feel safe because of the crime??
    Pretty much yeah. Five years ago though I wasn't married and had two small kids. lol I'd love to take them to Graceland sometime, but only if I feel like it's safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Clawdy View Post
    In the article you posted it also says:

'New Yorker Bob Sillerman wants to make Graceland into a mega-resort like Disney World- or maybe Elvis World. To support his idea, Sillerman is pumping more than $200 million into the area around Graceland mansion.'

Doesn't sound so good to me
    I think it's a good idea as long as it's around Graceland mansion and not in it! I have never been there, but from what most say on here, it sounds like the surrounding areas need a good clean-up!

franny

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I agree...I honestly think we're all getting a little too excited and opinionated over what I would consider to be a very good change to Memphis and the area around Graceland.

Always remember...Bob Sillerman absolutely cannot touch the mansion or alternate it in any way whatsoever. It's Lisa's and Lisa's alone to touch...nobody else.
    yep l sure agree with you Tony.

I agree with you Presley31 and with Tony Trout. In fact, it sounds like the changes will be a blessing. I am an "oldie but goodie " that does not take easily to change myself, so I can understand the bit of hesitation by other ELVIS fans.It is always easier to sit and whine and gripe than to accept the unknown...but I have a feeling a whole lot of complaining ELVIS fans are going to be eating crow when this thing is all said and done. I could be wrong, but right now that is where I place my bet.

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post
    They said somethin about an Elvis World like Disney World was gonna be part of the plan in over a 100 acres.

Tom Marshall called it "Memphis' own Disney".
    But I thought EPE said it wasn't going to be like a Disney-type thing?

I said from the absolute get-go that the sale to BS and his cronies was bad news.

The more I hear about Graceland's future, the sicker I feel!

If you've never been, folks, get there while you can ... before it all goes to pot.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Man this is exciting news!! I was afraid that the city delaying the plans for a new city council group to study it more would mean that it would all fall apart and we would never get to see EP and Graceland reach the star level that it's now about to! I am really happy for the residents that are good hearted and not trouble making civilians who will get their dues in all of this, and that all the drug dealers will be ran out. It also will help heal wombs between EP and the black community by his legacy being so iconic that a redevelopment for a ghetto can be transformed into a palace at his expense. This will without a doubt have a tremendous impact on newer fans and make visiting Graceland feel more safer and mroe exciting. When I was there last back in 1995 it wasn't all that bad then. I remember it looking like a normal inner city. But over the years I have heard from countless amounts of people who have visited Graceland that it isn't safe anymore. Some have actually been robbed and one was shot in the head as I mentioned on another thread a while back. Now my claim looks more evident with a couple on here now claiming the exact same thing of how dangerous it really is now.

Lakeisha told me by phone when we first began talking back last year that she doesn't even feel safe going back there anymore. Think if that was your neighborhood and no one cared whether it was cleaned up or not. How would you feel? It would depress you and you wouldn't want to call it home anymore. This is why many of you here need to put yourself in her shoes and see it through open eyes and not through EP-World eyes only. This is a MAJOR issue with that part of town. It will generate tourists $$$$ for the residents. It will raise the revenue to record high standards. And it will improve the property value to new levels. And it will improve the image of EP to new standards also!

Memphis is in a very dangerous position right now. The city is becoming the most out of control town in America. I was watching the world news the other night and they showed the top highest rated cities for HIV/AIDS cases and sadly Memphis was 2nd. How would EP feel about that? He would be sad and scared for his Memphis brothers and sistersEspecially knowing that a very large majority of those cases are black. The city is on the FBI's most dangerous list as their #1 most dangerous city in America. Once again how would EP feel? Once again-very sad. Memphis is constantly in the world news but for the wrong reasons. Their government is dirty and crooked. Their historical landmarks are poorly up kept (as is the case with the Graceland surroundings and the Lorraine Motel) and their big investment plans usually crash and collapse under pressure. That is all why this is a major deal for those people. They need this as much as we need food and water.

Memphis is close to going under and once they do there's no coming back from it financially. And if Memphis as a city goes under then so will Graceland. The home has already had a large drop off in tourism over the past 3 years. This year it will jump back up because of the anniversary month alone. But the rest of the year has suffered. EPE uses the excuse of 911 as for the drop off which is incorrect. That's just a cover up for the bad environment around the area. It is the crime around the area and the visitors know that.

Did you guys know that Memphis is $3 billion in financial depth. That's why a Disney-like attraction that is a major money maker as Graceland will become is so important to their economy as Disney has been for both Anaheim and Orlando over the years.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    I agree with you Presley31 and with Tony Trout. In fact, it sounds like the changes will be a blessing. I am an "oldie but goodie " that does not take easily to change myself, so I can understand the bit of hesitation by other ELVIS fans.It is always easier to sit and whine and gripe than to accept the unknown...but I have a feeling a whole lot of complaining ELVIS fans are going to be eating crow when this thing is all said and done. I could be wrong, but right now that is where I place my bet.
    PERFECT!! I couldn't have said it better myself.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post
    First of all, don't be gettin no attitude with me. None of yall got any right to diss me on this.

I just posted what was said on the news about a big announcement for this comin week.

Second, if yall got an issue or a problem with me postin some info, that aint spam either, then too bad.....it's Elvis related and it goes here.

Last, I don't know about some of yall, but the Graceland news around here has been #1 topic lately. Especially in Whitehaven where it could make or break the future of that, my former hood, community.

Admins.....I thought harassment wasn't allowed here?
    Truthfully I would never want to diss anyone-but I also think the Elvis's memory has lasted 30 years without Sillerman. Time will tell how well he understands what is right for Elvis's legacy. I have nothing against him, but Elvis is the center of the whole legacy-not convention centers, nor how changes would benefit Whitehavens area.
    If he is investing his money to help Whitehavens then he is in the wrong business-urban renewal is where he should be investing. I hope you do not think my post is harrassing-it is not meant to be. I am simply saying, most of us have a wait and see attitude about what will happen.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast