Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Elvis' phonecall to Jimmy Carter

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Lol Jak, you had it pegged several threads back....I remember a lot of strong similarities too....too many in fact.

Diane
    so what everyone is saying that ARJ is cameron??

Yes Jen, they've been saying that for a long time. I don't know ARJ so I can't say either way - cause I just started I think when she was banned.

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Thanks Franny, that is all I'm trying to say, except I get carried away as usual....
    You're welcome, Kelly! You didn't get carried away at all, you said it just right!

franny
    Last edited by franny; 12-02-2007 at 02:44 PM.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Yes Jen, they've been saying that for a long time. I don't know ARJ so I can't say either way - cause I just started I think when she was banned.
    yes she was banned and so was memphis 77, but BBM caught Memphis and the mods don't seem to concerned about cameron or ARJ.

I was questioned extensively by JJ before joining this site .He approved me .Any prob;ems, please take it up with him. I still have his messages..
    I have no way to prove who I am or am not. Do any of you?
    I gave JJ the only proof I have that I'm Cameron not this person AJR.
    It seems to be she questioned some and their attitudes on here as well.
    That would be our similarity as far as I can see.

" never said no one could post this topic. It seemed unnecessary to me .
    I was questioning the book Day by Day to put that in because it's already in so many well known books. It just seemed 30 years after the fact.
    It's hard to think Elvis fans haven't read these books. "

The above is what I posted , it was Day by Day I was questioning .
    But, all can and will believe what they want.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I have to agree with others about this...if I had the President of the United States agenda and phone records they would be in a pretty safe place!
    Those pages I had were just taken off the Net. They didn't mean much to me .except to read them and discuss. This was a few years ago. As I said, I delete many things I've already read .
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    " never said no one could post this topic. It seemed unnecessary to me .I was questioning the book Day by Day to put that in because it's already in so many well known books. It just seemed 30 years after the fact. It's hard to think Elvis fans haven't read these books. "

cameron, nothing on Elvis is unnecessary!

Why is it hard to think Elvis fans haven't read these or all books on Elvis?? I haven't read all of them, but that still makes me a fan..

franny

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I was questioned extensively by JJ before joining this site .He approved me .Any prob;ems, please take it up with him. I still have his messages..
    I have no way to prove who I am or am not. Do any of you?
    I gave JJ the only proof I have that I'm Cameron not this person AJR.
    It seems to be she questioned some and their attitudes on here as well.
    That would be our similarity as far as I can see.

" never said no one could post this topic. It seemed unnecessary to me .
    I was questioning the book Day by Day to put that in because it's already in so many well known books. It just seemed 30 years after the fact.
    It's hard to think Elvis fans haven't read these books. "

Cameron, it honestly doesn't matter to me one way or another if you are that other person. I just hate seeing all the bickering in the different posts. I'm sure others that were banned came back under different names to - heck - I own a yahoo group for local area in my county - and people try and do it all the time - or atleast try to. But my point is - I don't care either way if you are ARJ or Cameron or whomever - I'd just like to be able to discuss things rationally with everyone - and sometimes you make it kind of hard. I enjoy a good debate, but not when it turns ugly......I have found Elvis folks to be the kindest around and I enjoy it here very much.

Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    cameron, nothing on Elvis is unnecessary!

Why is it hard to think Elvis fans haven't read these or all books on Elvis?? I haven't read all of them, but that still makes me a fan..

franny
    It's hard to believe that anyone can state so positiively something is said or not said{true or not true} unless one has read the books they are taken from. Otherwise, one would be spreading untruths to younger more uninformed fans. IMO, that would be the tragedy.

It's a tragedy either way as no one can prove that any of the books are "god's truth" either...listen, read and use your common sense and a lot of the younger posters on this site seem to have more of it than a lot of the adults so I really don't think we have to worry about them. It's all the bickering we do on here that we should be ashamed of in front of them.

Diane

It's a tragedy either way as no one can prove that any of the books are "god's truth" either...listen, read and use your common sense and a lot of the younger posters on this site seem to have more of it than a lot of the adults so I really don't think we have to worry about them. It's all the bickering we do on here that we should be ashamed of in front of them.

Diane
    Yes Ma'am you are certainly right on this.

Diane
    But, that is why some keep asking for sources; is it not?
    Some of us older fans need to "brush up" too.
    There are more and better resources out here than the same old stories we've been force-fed before. Best idea; look for yourselves .
    There's much untruths on the Internet.
    I was told, but it was still a surprise to witness all the fighting beween Elvis fans. Yes, that's truly a shame.
    Last edited by cameron; 12-02-2007 at 03:39 PM.

Everyone is different. Some have to have their sources to believe, others like me believe what makes sense to them and we all have the right to believe as we do. I don't feel I have to dig up new info as that info won't be flawless either so I'd be right back to where I started.

I simply love Elvis for his voice, looks, personality and accept the bad with the good......the rest doesn't matter because none of us are without fault.

Dian

Loving elvis
    Everyone is different. Some have to have their sources to believe, others like me believe what makes sense to them and we all have the right to believe as we do. I don't feel I have to dig up new info as that info won't be flawless either so I'd be right back to where I started.

I simply love Elvis for his voice, looks, personality and accept the bad with the good......the rest doesn't matter because none of us are without fault.

Dian
    wish everyone thought like you Diane, this forum would be a better place

SleepyJack
    I have in the past been guilty of drunken,early-morning phone calls (admittedly,not to the president of anywhere!) but nobody ever held it against me for the rest of my life..thankfully.We all have our moments that we would rather forget about!

Exactly Jack, what in the greater scheme to life does it matter? I have a short temper and god forbid if everything I ever said came back to haunt me.

Diane

Lol Jak, you had it pegged several threads back....I remember a lot of strong similarities too....too many in fact.

Diane
    You are right Diane!

Dian
    I agree and I do love him because of his music and human kindness .
    I'd rather not fight; but neither will I be complacent and agree with everything and anyone. He deserves better, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Awickedreigndrop View Post
    This is my first time hearing about this incident. I never even heard about him contacting Carter.

So I guess this is new news for some and old news to others.
    We need to remember that from now on. What one person thinks is "old" news may be a "revelation" to another person. We should feel free to post a piece of information and ask questions without fear of being ridiculed for it.

International Level
    Well said utmom2008

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast