Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 149

Thread: Elvis' phonecall to Jimmy Carter

  1. #41
    TCB Mafia cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma ,USA
    Posts
    3,945
    I never said no one could post this topic. It seemed unnecessary to me .
    I was questioning the book Day by Day to put that in because it's already in so many well known books. It just seemed 30 years after the fact.
    It's hard to think Elvis fans haven't read these books.

    I do get rid of things I no longer have use for. If not, I'd have no room for anything else .We'd discussed this several years ago. It was over for me.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

  2. #42
    TCB Mafia jak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    S.C. USA
    Posts
    2,125
    What is deemed unnecassary by one has no bearing on what should or should not be posted.The person feeling that way should just move on without posting period.Evidently the subject matter was not known to several members on the board.We have Getlo to thank for bringing something up that actually was new to a few people.Nobody is obligated to read all the books about Elvis.Those that dont are probably the smart ones.Some of us fans are bit obsessive.Some fans havent been around as long as others and are still learning.The board has done it's job when it actually does shed light on something they may not have known.
    Jak

  3. #43
    TCB Mafia Princess franny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,444
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    What is deemed unnecassary by one has no bearing on what should or should not be posted.The person feeling that way should just move on without posting period.Evidently the subject matter was not known to several members on the board.We have Getlo to thank for bringing something up that actually was new to a few people.Nobody is obligated to read all the books about Elvis.Those that dont are probably the smart ones.Some of us fans are bit obsessive.Some fans havent been around as long as others and are still learning.The board has done it's job when it actually does shed light on something they may not have known.
    Jak
    Yes, it was new to me! I agree with your post, Jak! I haven't read everything on Elvis!

    Thanks, for starting this thread, Getlo!

    franny

  4. #44
    TCB Mafia cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma ,USA
    Posts
    3,945
    Well, I'm certainly glad that Getlo provided everyone with this info.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

  5. #45
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    I just read this thread for the first time moments ago.Some people are not aware of Elvis' call to Carter and what his impressions were.Some might find this to be an interesting topic.It's interesting that some have decided to disrupt it with their rude posts becaue they dont want it discussed.There was absolutely no reason to start posting in an argumentive fashion on this thread.People were merely discussing actual,documented events.
    Jak
    Very well said Jak! The negative responses came out of the blue on this one.

  6. #46
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I guess it depends on what books you read .I try to take a look at all of them in time.
    I used to have copies of Carters telephone logs and his agenda for the day.
    Some of us covered that a few years ago, so I must have got rid of them.
    One lady I know keeps everything, maybe she still has them.
    I have to agree with others about this...if I had the President of the United States agenda and phone records they would be in a pretty safe place!

  7. #47
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    I never knew this either - so this is NEW to me as well, thank you Getlo for posting this. Cameron, are you here to speak for yourself - or others? Not everyone on this forum knows every little detail of Elvis' life - like yourself must know - so please let us decide whether this is new info or not - okay?
    Well said Kelly We must have some self appointed moderators.

  8. #48
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    I guess this is important to most but not really interested my self.

  9. #49
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Well, I'm certainly glad that Getlo provided everyone with this info.
    Do I detect a little sarcasm?? After all was said and done it appears that Getlo provided lots of posters with new and valuable information. What other books has this been in besides Careless Love?? You mentioned it was in several, which made me curious. I've looked through the index of lots of mine and I only find it in Careless Love....

  10. #50
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    I really don't see what the fuss is all about on this thread. We all knew Elvis was in trouble and I'm sure said and did many other things....so big deal....he wasn't in control of himself the last few years and everyone knows it. Getlo didn't bring up some horrible story and I really don't think this little tidbit is going to change how anyone feels about him.

    Diane

  11. #51
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I really don't see what the fuss is all about on this thread. We all knew Elvis was in trouble and I'm sure said and did many other things....so big deal....he wasn't in control of himself the last few years and everyone knows it. Getlo didn't bring up some horrible story and I really don't think this little tidbit is going to change how anyone feels about him.

    Diane
    l agree diane, just another piece of information about elvis that some did and didn't know.

  12. #52
    ksimms2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    2,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I really don't see what the fuss is all about on this thread. We all knew Elvis was in trouble and I'm sure said and did many other things....so big deal....he wasn't in control of himself the last few years and everyone knows it. Getlo didn't bring up some horrible story and I really don't think this little tidbit is going to change how anyone feels about him.

    Diane
    There wasn't any fuss until Cameron asked Getlo why he posted it since it's "old news"......I never knew about the phone call, so it's new news to me and I thank him for posting the info. As usual, a regular, non threatening post got turned into something bad by those few who sometimes need to just think before they post. If they have no interest in it - then don't say anything - and let those of us who are interested in it - discuss it. Right?

  13. #53
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    There wasn't any fuss until Cameron asked Getlo why he posted it since it's "old news"......I never knew about the phone call, so it's new news to me and I thank him for posting the info. As usual, a regular, non threatening post got turned into something bad by those few who sometimes need to just think before they post. If they have no interest in it - then don't say anything - and let those of us who are interested in it - discuss it. Right?
    cameron has rights to say how he feels too. there been bricking on these threads for days.

  14. #54
    TCB Mafia Princess franny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,444
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    There wasn't any fuss until Cameron asked Getlo why he posted it since it's "old news"......I never knew about the phone call, so it's new news to me and I thank him for posting the info. As usual, a regular, non threatening post got turned into something bad by those few who sometimes need to just think before they post. If they have no interest in it - then don't say anything - and let those of us who are interested in it - discuss it. Right?
    You're so right, Kelly! Whether it's new or old news to any of us, what was wrong with posting it? If some already knew about it and have no interest in it, then leave it alone..

    franny

  15. #55
    ksimms2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    2,408
    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    cameron has rights to say how he feels too. there been bricking on these threads for days.
    yes "she" does have a right to post how she feels - but her very first post was geared at riling Getlo up - which of course it did. Why start something like that? That is what I am getting at. I know we don't always agree on stuff within these threads but the verbal barbs flying back and forth gets old and this time - you see from the start where it is coming from.

    I am just saying - maybe either not say it - or just word it so it's not a verbal attack.

    sorry to insult anyone it is never my intention.

  16. #56
    ksimms2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    2,408
    Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    You're so right, Kelly! Whether it's new or old news to any of us, what was wrong with posting it? If some already knew about it and have no interest in it, then leave it alone..

    franny
    Thanks Franny, that is all I'm trying to say, except I get carried away as usual....

  17. #57
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    cameron has rights to say how he feels too. there been bricking on these threads for days.
    Yes, "she" can post anything she wants, but no one here seems to understand why "she" would make a comment to deliberately stir something or someone up. I assume you are referring to the bickering that goes on with this board? Look back from the start and you will see the direction it was taken.

  18. #58
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Yes, "she" can post anything she wants, but no one here seems to understand why "she" would make a comment to deliberately stir something or someone up. I assume you are referring to the bickering that goes on with this board? Look back from the start and you will see the direction it was taken.
    Well its a shame cause threads are runined and old members have left cause of the picking on people, but what comes around goes around. BTW cameron is a guy

  19. #59
    TCB Mafia jak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    S.C. USA
    Posts
    2,125
    ". BTW cameron is a guy"

    And a helluva guy at that!!!

  20. #60
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    Lol Jak, you had it pegged several threads back....I remember a lot of strong similarities too....too many in fact.

    Diane

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Phonecall with Elvis from 1971 - audio
    By srj1967 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 11:22 AM
  2. New Live Cd With Orion (Jimmy Ellis).
    By presley31 in forum Off topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 03:42 PM
  3. Great song with Jimmy Ellis
    By Smasher1987 in forum Off topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 07:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •