Thread: Didn't Elvis ever got caught by cops for his drugs???

Didn't Elvis ever got caught by cops for his drugs???

I was wondering about Elvis and his prescribed drugs,but you can clearly see the change in his appearance,so didn't ever anyone thought he was taking illegal drugs???
    I watched the movie Walk The Line,and there is Johnny getting caught by cops for drugs...does anybody have a clue or more information about it?
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

The Denver, CO police knew that Elvis was "using" when he was in Vail, CO during a vacation there in 1976 and they tried to tell him to get help and then he got the hell out of dodge before they could get him into a detox program.

He just didn't wanna stop the drugs....it's that simple...and it cost him his life....

We'll I Gues The Police Can't Forbid You To Take Medication , Given By A Doctor .
    At Least That's What I Think , And If There Was Any "illegal" Drugs I Think That One Of The Memphis Maffia Carried It , Just In Case !!!
    But He.......i'm Just Col !!
    COLONEL DRIES SAYS ;
    "THAT'S MY BOY"

Quote Originally Posted by COL DRIES View Post
    We'll I Gues The Police Can't Forbid You To Take Medication , Given By A Doctor .At Least That's What I Think , And If There Was Any "illegal" Drugs I Think That One Of The Memphis Maffia Carried It , Just In Case !!!
    But He.......i'm Just Col !!

That statement takes care of it all, IMO.
    He abused prescription meds {as so many do today.
    We're just "no body" compared to Elvis.
    Oh, if we could only get into everyones medicine cabinet .
    But, who would care??
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Elvis and the Colonel had so much clout and power throughout America. They simply did what the wanted. That was part of the problem

That's a big problem in the world today. Anyone who has power and money can do anything and get away with it because the law turns their back....look at the O.J. Simpson case.

Diane

A whopping majority of the stuff Elvis was on was prescribed by a doctor, and meds in general weren't as closely regulated 40-50 years ago as they are now. And he only went to what, a dozen different doctors/dentists to get what he wanted??

LSD was still legal too...but I think they only did that once.
    "...You never stood in that man's shoes, or saw things through his eyes, or stood and watched with helpless hands, while the heart inside you dies. So help your brother along the way, no matter where he starts. For the same God that made you made him too...these men with broken hearts." Hank Williams, Sr, as quoted by

I believe Mary Jenkins once told a story where Rick Stanley was doing cocaine and the Memphis police department found out thinking it was for EP and went to Graceland to arrest him and Mary flushed the cocaine down the toilet before they got there. Has anyone heard that before? I know she said EP tried cocaine once and it burned his nostrils so he stopped.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

International Level
    Jerry Kennedy knew Elvis was using drugs (illegal) as did other members of the police force.

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    I believe Mary Jenkins once told a story where Rick Stanley was doing cocaine and the Memphis police department found out thinking it was for EP and went to Graceland to arrest him and Mary flushed the cocaine down the toilet before they got there. Has anyone heard that before? I know she said EP tried cocaine once and it burned his nostrils so he stopped.
    Do you really believe Mary Jenkins knew what was going with Elvis's drug abuse!?!

She was a maid and then a cook at Graceland. Not a condifant or friend of Elvis's.

She is also the one who has exagerated Elvis's love for friend peanut butter and bannana sandwiches.

My friend, Mary was very close to EP and to Lisa Marie leading up to her death. Just because she was a maid or cook did not mean that he wasn't close to her and the other maids and cooks. Read Nancy Rooks book and you will know what I mean.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    My friend, Mary was very close to EP and to Lisa Marie leading up to her death. Just because she was a maid or cook did not mean that he wasn't close to her and the other maids and cooks. Read Nancy Rooks book and you will know what I mean.
    I know what you mean at least I think I do, but Elvis wasn't as close to the maids as to discuss his drug abuse.

She also gave a lot of legs to the fried peanut butter sandwiches.

re

Thanks for your replys,it really helped me.

But I think Elvis was very lucky because if he was caught,I think his whole career was demaged...
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee