Thread: "Elvis-The Definitive Collection-Silver" and "Gold".

SleepyJack

"Elvis-The Definitive Collection-Silver" and "Gold".

I came across this two-box dvd set in the "Bargain Bin" of a record shop lately..Two lovely shiny tin boxes with four Dvds in each..sixteen hours worth!...Now if there`s two things I love it`s Elvis and shiny tin boxes!...so I handed over my 20 euro and took it home.It was originally released on the 25th anniversary as far as I know.I`ve been watching them slowly one at a time to make it last!...So far I`ve been pleasantly surprised by it all.I`m just curious as to how many of have this...and what you think of it.

This is the exact same set that was released in the US in 2002 and then almost immediately was taken off the market because of unauthorized use of alot of the footage on the DVDs.

I personally enjoyed and still enjoy watching the set from time to time. IMO, it's the kind of mega-documentary that EPE should do and should've already done instead of concentrating on selling their tacky souvenirs.

What is on these DVDs? Concert material, or documentaries?
    The shiny box thing sounds good

Yes, it is a very good documentary set indeed.

And the sets you have are now relatively rare (there was also a black-cover version, with thinner disc cases).

EPE (the Nazi bastards) cracked down on this set when it came out, and was granted an injunction to prevent it from being distributed.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    IMO, it's the kind of mega-documentary that EPE should do and should've already done instead of concentrating on selling their tacky souvenirs.
    Yes, with some proper input from EPE or knowledgable fans (raising my hand here!) the set would have been perfect. But, as it is, it's still very good.

It's still widely available here in Australia.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/223957
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

SleepyJack
    Yeah,like I said I`ve been impressed so far....All of the episodes I`ve watched so far have been interesting,some very good interviews on there.I`m surprised to hear that EPE were against this coming out...although there are a few anti-Priscilla views on there!...
    I think the version I bought originated in Germany.

Wow it sounds like a good one! Would it be possible to find on eBay or Amazon?

I like Elvis and shiny boxes too.

Diane

SleepyJack
    I wouldn`t think it would be too difficult to find.....If it turns up in a record shop in Ireland it can`t be too rare!....

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Wow it sounds like a good one! Would it be possible to find on eBay?
    Yes, you can buy one now for $US49.99.

A little overpriced though ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Elvis-Presley-De...QQcmdZViewItem
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

SleepyJack
    Saw the "Black" version yesterday(as mentioned by Getlo) in the same shop!....so it must be easily found.Thanks for the replies by the way!

Thanks for the link Getlo and thanks Jack for posting about it. I do remember seeing this set for sale at Fry's record and video store a few years ago and I passed it up. They were asking $69.99 for it at the time. Wish I had gotten it but I may luck out on eBay or Amazon. If there was one on eBay, there will probably be others.

Diane