Thread: Elvis' Ticket Sales

Elvis' Ticket Sales

I feel the need to post a positive comment about Elvis' ticket sales.When he came to my town in 74 my mom was able to get us tickets.I had been a fan for a couple years prior since I was 7 so it was a big deal to see him.He added an extra show due to ticket demand.I still got my ticket stub.Two years later he came back to the same venue.This time however the tickets went so fast we didnt even know he was there until the next day.To say I was distraught was an understatement.I dont know how I missed it.I still think about it.The audio is available on a boot called "Eternal Flame".My future wife was at the show.She was interviewed on camera by a local tv station in line for tickets to the show.She was being interviewed because she had been sleeping in a bag on the pavement for a few days to get tickets.She's one of the reason's I probably didnt get one.
    Jak

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    My future wife was at the show.She was interviewed on camera by a local tv station in line for tickets to the show.She was being interviewed because she had been sleeping in a bag on the pavement for a few days to get tickets.She's one of the reason's I probably didnt get one.
    Jak
    LOL and she waited to tell you after you got married, right?

I feel the need to post a positive comment about Elvis' ticket sales.When he came to my town in 74 my mom was able to get us tickets.I had been a fan for a couple years prior since I was 7 so it was a big deal to see him.He added an extra show due to ticket demand.I still got my ticket stub.Two years later he came back to the same venue.This time however the tickets went so fast we didnt even know he was there until the next day.To say I was distraught was an understatement.I dont know how I missed it.I still think about it.The audio is available on a boot called "Eternal Flame".My future wife was at the show.She was interviewed on camera by a local tv station in line for tickets to the show.She was being interviewed because she had been sleeping in a bag on the pavement for a few days to get tickets.She's one of the reason's I probably didnt get one.
    Jak
    that is cute jak! Well not that you missed that 2nd show - but that your wife was there and got to see it.....you two were obviously meant for each other....

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    LOL and she waited to tell you after you got married, right?
    That's right.Of course I never met her until 10 years ago.Today is our 9th anniverssary.I always joke and say if it werent for that SOB Elvis I wouldnt be in this mess.We met after I joined her fan local Elvis fan club.You might say Elvis has been a constant presence in nearly my entire life.
    Jak

Happy anniversary Mr & Mrs Jak! Thanks for sharing your story and heres to many more years of enjoying the king together!

Happy Anniversary to you and your wife Jak! Thanks for sharing your ticket story.

I've told this in another post, but the first ticket we bought to see Elvis at the Oakland Coliseum in Calif. was fairly easy to get. The second time two years later for the concert in Tahoe was sold out before we even heard about it. My husband woefully spoke about it at work and one of his co-workers told him that was ok, just to get in line, mention a name he gave him (plus $20) and said we'd get in. I was sure we were going to be turned away but as soon as my husband mentioned the name and passed the $20, the guy at the door hesitated a bit then produced two tickets, tore them, gave us the stubs and in we went and got fantastic seats close to the stage. We never knew who he was or what the person with the magic name had to do with Elvis. Money and connections do work wonders.

Diane

SleepyJack
    Thanks for sharing your ticket story...at last a cheerful post!...Things have been a bit too serious on some of the threads lately. Hope you and your wife have many more Elvis-filled years together.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Happy Anniversary to you and your wife Jak! Thanks for sharing your ticket story.

I've told this in another post, but the first ticket we bought to see Elvis at the Oakland Coliseum in Calif. was fairly easy to get. The second time two years later for the concert in Tahoe was sold out before we even heard about it. My husband woefully spoke about it at work and one of his co-workers told him that was ok, just to get in line, mention a name he gave him (plus $20) and said we'd get in. I was sure we were going to be turned away but as soon as my husband mentioned the name and passed the $20, the guy at the door hesitated a bit then produced two tickets, tore them, gave us the stubs and in we went and got fantastic seats close to the stage. We never knew who he was or what the person with the magic name had to do with Elvis. Money and connections do work wonders.

Diane

Diane, you have to tell us the magic name!!!! Come on now.....we are dying to know!!

Wish I could remember it Kelly but I doubt if even my husband remembers it. Too long ago, too much water under the bridge since then. It was an Italian co-worker who told him that's all I remember. Don't know if the "magic" guy was too or not.

Probably long gone and only worked for Elvis concerts in Tahoe anyway.

Diane

My parents were living in Rapid City when Elvis went there in June of '77. Dad stood in line & they sold out just a few people ahead of him. Said the whole town was in absolute mayhem for several weeks ahead of time.
    "...You never stood in that man's shoes, or saw things through his eyes, or stood and watched with helpless hands, while the heart inside you dies. So help your brother along the way, no matter where he starts. For the same God that made you made him too...these men with broken hearts." Hank Williams, Sr, as quoted by

re

Quote Originally Posted by LovesElvis View Post
    My parents were living in Rapid City when Elvis went there in June of '77. Dad stood in line & they sold out just a few people ahead of him. Said the whole town was in absolute mayhem for several weeks ahead of time.
    I really believe that for sure...it was always exciting when Elvis came to town!!!
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

That's right.Of course I never met her until 10 years ago.Today is our 9th anniverssary.I always joke and say if it werent for that SOB Elvis I wouldnt be in this mess.We met after I joined her fan local Elvis fan club.You might say Elvis has been a constant presence in nearly my entire life.
    Jak
    Happy Anniversary. Thats a great story.
    My wife and I are going on 35 years-the first 10 were the hardest. So just 1 more year and its all down hill.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Happy Anniversary. Thats a great story.
    My wife and I are going on 35 years-the first 10 were the hardest. So just 1 more year and its all down hill.
    Im not sure I like the sound of that.At least the downhill part!

Loving elvis
    Happy Anniversary Jak, sorry its a bit late

Im not sure I like the sound of that.At least the downhill part!
    It does sound rather ominous but really the most trouble we had adjusting to each other was in the first ten years. You were ahead of the game at least you had Elvis in common, my wife is a Moody Blues fan.
    So let me rephrase and say that after that first 10 years- its been a happy breeze.

Happy 9 Years That's a great story