Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Graceland-1977

Inside Graceland-1977

Take a look at this website. It has photos of what Graceland originally looked like at the time of EP's death and prior to Priscilla opening it up. After looking at the different furniture arrangements and seeing that the grand piano was further (deeper) in the living room instead of closer to the peacocks as is now, this now makes me think that this could be what is in store for the future of Graceland. Bob Sillerman has stated that he wants to restore it back to the way it looked the night EP died. So this would be what it would look like if he does do that. I actually think it would be intriguing and would change the whole image of Graceland altogether if it does go back to the original red and white interior.

http://www.elvispresleynews.com/GracelandTour.html
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Not that I follow everything the man says, but I did not know that was his intention. I would love to see the red brought back, tacky or not.

The look from the sixties has had its time (uhh, plus the peacocks ) so I think it would be great to see the home in all its kitschy 70s glory, the way Elvis left it.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

I completely agree Lonnie!
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Loving elvis
    If they turn back l will be happy with that too.

You guys know what? Lakeisha had told me that her friend heard rumblings that Graceland might have to shut down for a short time while renovations go on. If what Bob Sillerman is implying as to what we think he is, then her source would be right about that. there's no way that they could remodel and transform the mansion back into what it looked like on August 16, 1977 all in a couple days. Too much work to do. there's a possibility that the upstairs balcony of the racquetball court could be opened for the first time ever and allow fans and visitors to get a bird's eye view of the gold and platinum record display. That is IF it isn't restored to an actual racquetball court.

I actually would like to see them keep the award display and remove the jumpsuits. They seem to just take up room. And that American flag should be taken down. It too is taking up much needed room for display. Check out this photo I found by google.

Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    Bob Sillerman has stated that he wants to restore it back to the way it looked the night EP died.
    I wonder what Lisa thinks of that.After all she still owns the house.Bob Sillerman would need her consent to do anything like that.He only owns most of the business not the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1 View Post
    I wonder what Lisa thinks of that.After all she still owns the house.Bob Sillerman would need her consent to do anything like that.He only owns most of the business not the house.
    I'm pretty sure he has already discussed it with Lisa to have come out and made such a bold statement. Also EPE represenatives have spoken on restoring it back to it's originality. So apparently Lisa has given her permission to do that.

Also if they have to shut down tours for a couple weeks or so to renovate, can you guys imagine how much money that they will lose per day?

Once again incorrect on all counts. Do some research folks as to what Sillerman actually said.
    Once again Graceland can not, will not and won't be allowed to by Lisa WHO OWNS IT...see previous posts pertaining to this.
    Also the piano there then and the one there now not the same, therefore size has to do w/placement, reason the Gold piano removed was that it was to large for the room.
    And piano is located approx. to same area as is now...and the other piano in there prior to that even was set further back...I don't understand the relevance of this?

It'll never happen.

I thinks this looks great!
    But i am still a littlebit unsure about this
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

Coming On Strong
    Good that they at least kept these red furniture!

Take a look at this website. It has photos of what Graceland originally looked like at the time of EP's death and prior to Priscilla opening it up. After looking at the different furniture arrangements and seeing that the grand piano was further (deeper) in the living room instead of closer to the peacocks as is now, this now makes me think that this could be what is in store for the future of Graceland. Bob Sillerman has stated that he wants to restore it back to the way it looked the night EP died. So this would be what it would look like if he does do that. I actually think it would be intriguing and would change the whole image of Graceland altogether if it does go back to the original red and white interior.

http://www.elvispresleynews.com/GracelandTour.html
    it does not matter what sillerman (allegedly, acc. to EP75's opinion) wants .... he does not own the house and has no rights to alter anything without LMP's permission.

period.

once again we're in the realm of theory. can you please post a RELIABLE source for sillerman's 'intentions'?

ellie
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    Once again incorrect on all counts. Do some research folks as to what Sillerman actually said.
    Once again Graceland can not, will not and won't be allowed to by Lisa WHO OWNS IT...see previous posts pertaining to this.
    Also the piano there then and the one there now not the same, therefore size has to do w/placement, reason the Gold piano removed was that it was to large for the room.
    And piano is located approx. to same area as is now...and the other piano in there prior to that even was set further back...I don't understand the relevance of this?
    dear suzan,

if i remember well the golden piano had already been removed and replaced by a classical black one during elvis' lifetime. i think to have read this in a book, cannot remember where, though.

the golden piano (jesus, a golden painted piano! now, that's tackiness at its worst) was a present by priscilla and elvis did not want it around any longer ...

do you happen to have at hand reliable links / sources about the exchange from golden to black?

hugs, ellie
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    A side note here but the gold piano is in the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville.

This isn't my photo but I did see it there a couple of years ago.

By the way, I couldn't say what Sillerman or LMP has said about restoring the downstairs to the way it looked in '77 but it would not surprise me to learn that doing so would be consistent with Lisa's wishes.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Quote Originally Posted by EDOEP View Post
    once again we're in the realm of theory. can you please post a RELIABLE source for sillerman's 'intentions'?

Agreed, I'm getting sick and tired of these alleged "sources"

International Level
    You guys know what? Lakeisha had told me that her friend heard rumblings that Graceland might have to shut down for a short time while renovations go on. If what Bob Sillerman is implying as to what we think he is, then her source would be right about that. there's no way that they could remodel and transform the mansion back into what it looked like on August 16, 1977 all in a couple days. Too much work to do. there's a possibility that the upstairs balcony of the racquetball court could be opened for the first time ever and allow fans and visitors to get a bird's eye view of the gold and platinum record display. That is IF it isn't restored to an actual racquetball court.

I actually would like to see them keep the award display and remove the jumpsuits. They seem to just take up room. And that American flag should be taken down. It too is taking up much needed room for display. Check out this photo I found by google.

Personally I would welcome the house being restored to when Elvis was in it in 77.

That includes putting back in all the red carpets and putting the racquetball court back to the way it was.

They can show off the Jumpsuits and records in some of the new developments that are being planned.

As has been said before, Sillerman can't do a darn thing to the house because it's a NATIONAL LANDMARK and by him altering the house in any way, he would be breaking the law....

And yes...I would also like to see some reliable sources of information posted....

"It has been reported" are the first four words on the link in the original thread.

Yet, elvispresleynews.com fails to mention from where they obtained this information.

And again, EP75 ...

"Bob Sillerman has stated that he wants to restore it back to the way it looked the night EP died."

... Sillerman has no say in what is to be done with the house, if anything.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Loving elvis
    I will believe this when l hear this from Lisa

This is what EPE has to say. Until further announcements, I guess you can rely on this.

http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=980
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast