Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The abortion issue.

MissyM

The abortion issue.

Ok I read that Pricilla wanted to have an abortion with Lisa. Is that really the truth. And Elvis didn't want her to have one, that's the other part right. Where did that come from? Was she the one who said that. For some reason I'm having a mental blank on this.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Before it gets going, I strongly encourage this thread to stay on topic.

Honey, I'd just as soon keep my own personal views about that to myself...
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

MissyM
    Yeh, this is not meant to open the abortion can of worms. I'm just curious mostly about where that came from. I will definately abide by your ruling!

TCB Mafia
    didn't she herself told that in her book????

Odd thing to do esp knowing Lisa was once going to read it......
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

Thx, Missy. BTW, you need another post quick!

MissyM
    I thought that is were it came from but I couldn't remember for sure. Who the heck would make that known publically, much less to their child. And why? What point would it prove? That's why I thought, no maybe I'm thinking wrong about where it came from????

MissyM
    I need another post, what you talkin bout Lonnie!

Priscilla said that she thought of not having the child because they had just gotten married, and she did not want anything to interfere with her time with Elvis - she wanted him to herself more before they had a child. If I'm not mistaken - that is why. It wasn't that she did not want a child - just not at that moment. She wanted to be husband and wife and alone time with him before they started a family. I can understand that - not that I would have opted for an abortion or anything....but I can understand her thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    I need another post, what you talkin bout Lonnie!
    You are climbing the posting ladder - you will be a TCB Mafia soon I think...is that what you mean Lonnie?

MissyM
    TCB Mafia? Is that a good thing or bad?? LOL

Back to the subject. I understand that too but there is no way I' say it and have my child learn it. One you say it IMO repeat IMO there is not way the you can undo the damage of saying it. That cuts to deep. But like I said, that's just me. Apparently though it seems to not have bothered Lisa.

TCB Mafia? Is that a good thing or bad?? LOL

Back to the subject. I understand that too but there is no way I' say it and have my child learn it. One you say it IMO repeat IMO there is not way the you can undo the damage of saying it. That cuts to deep. But like I said, that's just me. Apparently though it seems to not have bothered Lisa.
    Evidently Lisa has no problem with it - they even joke about it on Elvis By The Presley's.....Lisa jokes, "and you still aren't used to having me" or something like that......I guess she understands?

You're in the clear now, Missy. Didn't want to see you sitting on 666 posts for too long, that's all.

Stay on topic, Lonnie.

TCB Mafia
    it's a good thing Lisa doesn't seem to be bothered by it now... but she also is a grownup women and had her share in life alreaddy but when the book came out she was only a teen.

IMO Pris could have considered telling that issue at all. It was not really needed. There are so many times she says Elvis was a private person and she is a private person well I don't see the use of telling such a little quite odd detail.

When you are married to the love of your life and then having his baby.....

you should have been happy IMO...

OK she was not but why tell so many years after and knowing that your child is going to read that....
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Priscilla said that she thought of not having the child because they had just gotten married, and she did not want anything to interfere with her time with Elvis - she wanted him to herself more before they had a child. If I'm not mistaken - that is why. It wasn't that she did not want a child - just not at that moment. She wanted to be husband and wife and alone time with him before they started a family. I can understand that - not that I would have opted for an abortion or anything....but I can understand her thinking.
    l agree kelly, some people do have mixed feelings about having a baby when there not ready for one. i don't think lisa has a big problem with it either.

MissyM
    Whew, thanks Lonnie! 666 eek!

I guess all is well but still, why why why??? Maybe just another case of foot in mouth disease on Cilla's part. I used to get that sometimes. But I choose more carefully now. Maybe it was to make Lisa feel like her dad wanted her so very much??? I suppose we'll never know.

Yeh, this is not meant to open the abortion can of worms. I'm just curious mostly about where that came from. I will definately abide by your ruling!
    missym,

priscilla wrote that in her book.

hugs, ellie
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

Whew, thanks Lonnie! 666 eek!

I guess all is well but still, why why why??? Maybe just another case of foot in mouth disease on Cilla's part. I used to get that sometimes. But I choose more carefully now. Maybe it was to make Lisa feel like her dad wanted her so very much??? I suppose we'll never know.
    missym,

i re-read the book about 2 months ago. two things come immediately to mind:

1/ she stated - kelly quotes below absolutely correctly - that she wanted in the beginning to have more time for her and her husband alone. as couple, not that early as parents. she always blamed too little time with / for each other as one of the major factors for the bad turn their relationship took. she knew she would then have even less opportunity to travel with elvis.

so i think she uses lisa's birth as explanation and / or excuse for their marriage turning the wrong direction. since she wanted an abortion and elvis did not ...... the blame is on elvis, not on her (nothing new, the procedure of pointing finger, i mean!).

2/ for the same reason: it's an excuse why she took a lover barely 3 months after lisa's birth. she didn't want to have the child, he did. since he 'knew' nothing would happen any more in bed once she had given birth - it was kinda 'natural right' that she started sc****** around with her dance instructor. as the one to be blamed is ..... as usual .... DRUMROLL! ... elvis.

just my 2 pennies. what do you think of it?

hugs, ellie
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

Quote Originally Posted by EDOEP View Post
    missym,

i re-read the book about 2 months ago. two things come immediately to mind:

1/ she stated - kelly quotes below absolutely correctly - that she wanted in the beginning to have more time for her and her husband alone. as couple, not that early as parents. she always blamed too little time with / for each other as one of the major factors for the bad turn their relationship took. she knew she would then have even less opportunity to travel with elvis.

so i think she uses lisa's birth as explanation and / or excuse for their marriage turning the wrong direction. since she wanted an abortion and elvis did not ...... the blame is on elvis, not on her (nothing new, the procedure of pointing finger, i mean!).

2/ for the same reason: it's an excuse why she took a lover barely 3 months after lisa's birth. she didn't want to have the child, he did. since he 'knew' nothing would happen any more in bed once she had given birth - it was kinda 'natural right' that she started sc****** around with her dance instructor. as the one to be blamed is ..... as usual .... DRUMROLL! ... elvis.

just my 2 pennies. what do you think of it?

hugs, ellie
    Pretty spot on I'd say Ellie.....(is that the right term?)

Loving elvis
    I think priscilla wrote that in her book cause to many people knew she didn't want lisa so why not be honest about it before your daughter hears it from others, but when she first felt lisa move she felt different and really felt what we mothers feel when we are preggers and feel the baby move. I sometimes wonder if elvis wasn't turned off by her maybe things might of been different.

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    I think priscilla wrote that in her book cause to many people knew she didn't want lisa so why not be honest about it before your daughter hears it from others, but when she first felt lisa move she felt different and really felt what we mothers feel when we are preggers and feel the baby move. I sometimes wonder if elvis wasn't turned off by her maybe things might of been different.
    it's too bad Elvis felt the way he did about mom's - maybe his marriage could have been saved...?? Who knows though...it is a nice thought.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast