Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: You fans of 1977 concerts

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

You fans of 1977 concerts

This is for those of you who like myself who enjoy those 1977 concerts.

Right now I'm listening to the cd "Elvis Rocks Nebraska" June 20th 1977..I have to say this is a great concert..Unchained Melody is utterly brilliant and gets a standing ovation from the audience.

The cd surprisingly has really good sound. To bad CBS wasn't on hand to film this show because imo its just as good or better than Rapid City on the 21st
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

I will post some clips from the show If i can ever figure out how to
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Thank you BradM, i am also a big fan og 1977 concerts
    So much energy on stage, i love it!
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

thanks Brad, can't wait to hear some clips.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    The photos I've seen from that show seem to indicate that he was in good form from the standpoint of his appearance as well. I know it's weird to comment on that when we have video documentation of the days immediately before and after that show, but considering how up and down he was in 1977 (think of the drastic change in February between the 12th and the 19th) and that he looked a lot better in Rapid City than he did in Omaha, it is worth noting.

I think that in Lincoln he benefited from the absence of the cameras actually, being neither too up nor too down perhaps thanks to less meds needed to calm his nerves from the filming.

I haven't heard this recording in years and though I recall the performance being very good, it seems like a chatty audience member near the recorder was rather distracting.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

I'm sure the cameras - and the full house lights - were most disturbing for Elvis during this time. I look forward to the clips. Thanks Brad
    rick

Yes Bobby I know what your talking about with the chatty fan. I started to get annoyed with that when I was listening to Unchained Melody you can really here them talking it up.

re

I haven't heard this concert yet,but it has really good reviews,looking forward to your clips
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

I don't know this show
    What is the show you people consider to be the best of the year 77?

I think this is a great show!
    But i am wondering where you get your concert cd`s ?
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

I'd love to see the clips from it. I can seriously say that 77 was my favorite year for Elvis.
    His voice was just richer and more mature. It's a shame cause he was reaching his next level with his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by MojoElvis View Post
    I'd love to see the clips from it. I can seriously say that 77 was my favorite year for Elvis.
    His voice was just richer and more mature. It's a shame cause he was reaching his next level with his voice.
    agree with you my fav years also 76-77 and so true had he lived beyond 77 his voice would have reached heights we couldint believe possible he was the greatest

"I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

To each his own.I just wonder how his voice vocally from 76 or 77 can be admired more than earlier years.Better than the 69 sessions?I wish I could erase those two years from Elvis' life.The guy was miserable.He usually sounded weak and tired.
    Jak

Quote Originally Posted by BradM View Post
    This is for those of you who like myself who enjoy those 1977 concerts.

Right now I'm listening to the cd "Elvis Rocks Nebraska" June 20th 1977..I have to say this is a great concert..Unchained Melody is utterly brilliant and gets a standing ovation from the audience.

The cd surprisingly has really good sound. To bad CBS wasn't on hand to film this show because imo its just as good or better than Rapid City on the 21st

heres a so so wallpaper i made of our man rockin in 77Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77wall.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	252.7 KB 
ID:	19953

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    To each his own.I just wonder how his voice vocally from 76 or 77 can be admired more than earlier years.Better than the 69 sessions?I wish I could erase those two years from Elvis' life.The guy was miserable.He usually sounded weak and tired.
    Jak
    I agree 100% "Weak" is the word I have always associated with the CBS concert. I thought his eyes and his speaking voice were incredibly weak. IMO....his eyes looked weak and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post
    The photos I've seen from that show seem to indicate that he was in good form from the standpoint of his appearance as well. I know it's weird to comment on that when we have video documentation of the days immediately before and after that show, but considering how up and down he was in 1977 (think of the drastic change in February between the 12th and the 19th) and that he looked a lot better in Rapid City than he did in Omaha, it is worth noting.

I think that in Lincoln he benefited from the absence of the cameras actually, being neither too up nor too down perhaps thanks to less meds needed to calm his nerves from the filming.

I haven't heard this recording in years and though I recall the performance being very good, it seems like a chatty audience member near the recorder was rather distracting.
    I keep reading those comments about the difference one week made in his appearance. What exactly are the changes? And....how utterly strange that someone's appearance can change that fast.

I thought this thread specifically said ;You fans of 1977 concerts .
    Some like them, some don't. All a matter of opinion.

I thought he looked very ill ; but he struggled and got it done.
    I'm not much into " looks" but in the spirit and strength of the man.
    He did ok for himself and his fans ,IMO.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I thought this thread specifically said ;You fans of 1977 concerts .
    Some like them, some don't. All a matter of opinion.

I thought he looked very ill ; but he struggled and got it done.
    I'm not much into " looks" but in the spirit and strength of the man.
    He did ok for himself and his fans ,IMO.
    tottaly agree with you cameron ..for those here who are posting how terrible elvis was in 77 .ur entitled to your opinions but not here. kindly exit this thread as it clearly says and i quote*You fans of 1977 concerts*go post your negative comments in another thread we apreciate elvis for everything he did for us fans thoughout his concert years from 69-77

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I keep reading those comments about the difference one week made in his appearance. What exactly are the changes? And....how utterly strange that someone's appearance can change that fast.
    Yes. Strange and tragic. A matter of bloat, not fat, coming and going as a result of the drugs as I understand it.

When you watch Elvis In Concert you can tell when they switch from Rapid City to Omaha and back because in addition to his voice being weaker, he was noticeably puffier in Omaha. They were two days apart.

Maybe click around in our Gallery and look for some examples.

But it seems to me that in his last tour in '76, he looked better than he did a couple weeks before in Vegas. Then less than two weeks later he looked really bad. Fast forward one week and he looked pretty good again. And so on...
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast