Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: You fans of 1977 concerts

Quote Originally Posted by MojoElvis View Post
    I don't if any of you know this but Elvis did have a face lift, I think in 1976. That might have something to do why his face looked different. I read that Billy Smith said, "he hated that Elvis had that face lift cause it took away the soulfulness his eyes had, like his mother"
    As you could tell from my signature photo, I love the Chief Indian Feather Jumpsuit.
    His facelift is common knowledge.He didnt need it.It was a bad move on his part.
    Jak

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    His facelift is common knowledge.He didnt need it.It was a bad move on his part.
    Jak
    I know, I read that his doctor told him, I don't know why you would want to mess with perfection.
    Last edited by MojoElvis; 11-19-2007 at 05:29 PM. Reason: typo

From Billy Smith's interview EIN.

EIN: In 1975 Elvis had the eye-lift in Hospital. Do you think it changed his looks and is it true that you tried to talk him out if it?

Billy: Yes, Elvis had the eye lift, and Linda, Jo, and I stayed with him at the hospital. Yes, I did try and talk him out of it. He didn't need it, he looked great. How do you improve perfection? The doctor even told him that. But, he wanted it, so he got it! I don't think it changed his looks that much.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    From Billy Smith's interview EIN.

EIN: In 1975 Elvis had the eye-lift in Hospital. Do you think it changed his looks and is it true that you tried to talk him out if it?

Billy: Yes, Elvis had the eye lift, and Linda, Jo, and I stayed with him at the hospital. Yes, I did try and talk him out of it. He didn't need it, he looked great. How do you improve perfection? The doctor even told him that. But, he wanted it, so he got it! I don't think it changed his looks that much.
    thats right
    Elvis had the eye lift not a face lift

That's what I read too, an eye lift not a face lift. And I think it was it was Charlie Hodge that said they'd tried to talk him out of it and that it really didn't make much difference except it took away the little droop out of the outer corner of his eyes and that they missed that as it was something special to his eyes.

Diane

sorry guys...it was just his eyes. It so cool to be with fans that read up on Elvis and just don't follow all the hype and look up information on your own.

YOu guys all rock

Quote Originally Posted by epmoodyblue View Post
    again off topic..and its sad that even a moderator has jumped into the conversation in this thread..about elvis appearance through the years ..topic says *fans of elvis 77 concerts..oh well some people just dont care to listen
    Well, so now you know what it feels like when one of our "negative" threads gets hijacked by people telling us we shouldn't be talking about such things. Not a pleasant feeling, is it?
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by COL DRIES View Post
    Well let's see , you start tomorrow taking the same drugs elvis took for let's say 21 months .
    then we see if your body weight is still the same o.k. ??
    If anyone knows what point Col Dries is trying to make here, please PM me with the details.

That's the whole point of part of this discussion, that it only took him months to go from slim and svelte to swollen and sweaty!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

well this topic has gotten out of hand tottaly off topic so im moving on to antoher thread..
    I'll give you three days. You'll come back.

there are nice posts about elvis in this forum people have to come in and crash the party and find ways of destroying the main topic ..... bye bye
    You and others should remember that comment next time a thread is posted about drugs, weight and other "negative" issues. Not nice when a thread gets "hijacked", is it?

JJ is right ... threads tend to go in and out of topic; but all of what we have written here is related to later concerts and his appearance (both of which are mutually inclusive topics).
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

thats right
    Elvis had the eye lift not a face lift
    I should have read further before posting earlier ... you're back already.

And you're wrong about the surgery.

June 16, 1975:
    Elvis checked into Mid-South Hospital in Memphis for what was listed as "eye tests".
    He underwent surgery on June 18 to remove the bags under his eyes, and to tighten facial tone (ie a facelift).
    This was first reported in the Memphis Press-Scimitar on February 17, 1977, then the National Enquirer on April 26, 1977.

Sources: Day By Day, Guralnick, Goldman.

Now, let's not get into a slanging match about the surgery (as this thread will go even further off topic). It was minor, but it was a facelift. Not just the eyes. Look at photos from March and July 1975 for the difference.

It was waste of time of course. Elvis didn't need it; it was pure vanity on his part. And you can bet, had he lived, he would have ended up like a male Joan Rivers!
    Last edited by Getlo; 11-20-2007 at 04:41 AM.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Well, so now you know what it feels like when one of our "negative" threads gets hijacked by people telling us we shouldn't be talking about such things. Not a pleasant feeling, is it?

So, are you saying you hijacked this thread ?
    I thought that was against the "rules, policies"......
    apparently not .
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

If anyone knows what point Col Dries is trying to make here, please PM me with the details.

That's the whole point of part of this discussion, that it only took him months to go from slim and svelte to swollen and sweaty!
    You might want to do some research. Drugs, especially the kind you say Elvis was taking; make you very skinny; not swollen .

I should have read further before posting earlier ... you're back already.

And you're wrong about the surgery.June 16, 1975:
    Elvis checked into Mid-South Hospital in Memphis for what was listed as "eye tests".
    He underwent surgery on June 18 to remove the bags under his eyes, and to tighten facial tone (ie a facelift).
    This was first reported in the Memphis Pres-Scimitar on February 17, 1977, then the National Enquirer on April 26, 1977.

Sources: Day By Day, Guralnick, Goldman.

Now, let's not get into a slanging match about the surgery (go evas this thread will en further off topic). It was minor, but it was a facelift. Not just the eyes. Look at photos from March and July 1975 for the difference.

It was waste of time of course. Elvis didn't need it; it was pure vanity on his part. And you can bet, had he lived, he would have ended up like a male Joan Rivers!
    I don't do my research in "rag mags" . I ask the people that were there.
    As for dragging this thread "off topic"....it seems you've already did a great job of that .

[/B]
    So, are you saying you hijacked this thread ?
    Sure, why not. Goose, gander etc

But talking about Elvis' appearance in 1977 and his performance is nowhere near as off topic as, say, telling people not to talk about Elvis' bad habits etc.

And that, madam, is the difference: I've never told anyone to stop posting on a thread if I didn't like what they were saying (only that if they didn't like a thread, stop posting).
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

You might want to do some research. Drugs, especially the kind you say Elvis was taking; make you very skinny; not swollen .
    Then he really should have weighed about 850 pounds by that logic!

Don't be silly: it wasn't only the drugs that played havoc with his weight. The diet was a major factor as well. And the sedentray lifestyle back at Graceland.

Oh, but of course, Elvis' weight was all just bloat and water retention, wasn't it?; I forgot!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I don't do my research in "rag mags" . I ask the people that were there.'(
    I hardly think Day By Day, Gurlanick or, yes, even Goldman are "rag mags" madam. You're confusing these sources with the likes of The National Enquirer etc.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Then he really should have weighed about 850 pounds by that logic!

Don't be silly: it wasn't only the drugs that played havoc with his weight. The diet was a major factor as well. And the sedentray lifestyle back at Graceland.

Oh, but of course, Elvis' weight was all just bloat and water retention, wasn't it?; I forgot!
    People on the kind of drugs you say Elvis was taking do not eat.
    They're not hungry . Surely, you can look up the drugs and their side affects . Just takes a little research.

I hardly think Day By Day, Gurlanick or, yes, even Goldman are "rag mags" madam. You're confusing these sources with the likes of The National Enquirer etc.
    This was your reference, not mine .

Quote Getlo:"This was first reported in the Memphis Pres-Scimitar on February 17, 1977, then the National Enquirer on April 26, 1977."
    http://groups.google.bo/group/alt.el...569620f297db27

A conversation with Marty, Bill Burk and others on the "face lift."

People on the kind of drugs you say Elvis was taking do not eat. They're not hungry . Surely, you can look up the drugs and their side affects . Just takes a little research.
    Yeah, research. Try it yourself.

Elvis was eating thousands of calories right to the very end. As a woman who allegedly has medical experience, you would know that not everyone reacts to drugs the same way. And not all of Elvis' drugs were speed based, and not all satiated his appetite either!

You cannot seriously expect me to swallow (bad pun intended) the theory that Elvis was not actually fat, and that it was all bloat.

The guy was a glutton in the truest sense of the word, and for most of his life.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Getlo:"This was first reported in the Memphis Pres-Scimitar on February 17, 1977, then the National Enquirer on April 26, 1977."
    I should have been more specific; this part of the thead was lifted from Day By Day.

And I'd suggest the Scimitar is far from a rag.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly