Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Are the MM still friends?

Once again the admiration for Billy is expressed and rightfully so.I still wonder however why nobody wonders why Billy hasnt denounced the other members of the MM?Surely he knows their true character far better than we.Doesnt that tell you anything?
    Jak

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Once again the admiration for Billy is expressed and rightfully so.I still wonder however why nobody wonders why Billy hasnt denounced the other members of the MM?Surely he knows their true character far better than we.Doesnt that tell you anything?
    Jak
    Because he is a nice person and above that, come to think of it I've not heard anyone say anything bad about Billy either, not that I remember?
    I'm not understaning your last 2 sentences well enough to answer your question on that score.

TCB Mafia
    thanks Suzana for your reply on my question
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    Because he is a nice person and above that, come to think of it I've not heard anyone say anything bad about Billy either, not that I remember?
    I'm not understaning your last 2 sentences well enough to answer your question on that score.
    My point is that Billy Smith is generally well regarded in most circles.It's commonly thought he genuinely cared for Elvis.Why would Billy associate with the other MM if they wronged Elvis so greatly?He was right there in the thick of things.Wouldnt he denounce them if they were so bad for Elvis?Billy has never come out and said those guys were a bunch of evil liers.Wouldnt he be the one to stick up for Elvis if he could.I too admire Billy.The fact he doesnt slam the other members of the MM tells me that he has no problem with them or what theve done over the years.That should be somewhat of an eye opener for the MM bashers out there.
    Jak

My point is that Billy Smith is generally well regarded in most circles.It's commonly thought he genuinely cared for Elvis.Why would Billy associate with the other MM if they wronged Elvis so greatly?He was right there in the thick of things.Wouldnt he denounce them if they were so bad for Elvis?Billy has never come out and said those guys were a bunch of evil liers.Wouldnt he be the one to stick up for Elvis if he could.I too admire Billy.The fact he doesnt slam the other members of the MM tells me that he has no problem with them or what theve done over the years.That should be somewhat of an eye opener for the MM bashers out there.
    Jak

Oh ok, I see what your saying now....good ?....I don't think he likes all of them, ahem....Joe, Stanley's, etc...I'll have to re-read some of the MM book w/him, Lacker and Fike, but again I think he has to much class to not say anything bad about those guys. I really believe that. But you have some very interesting and good points.
    I love Billy (I don't know him, but by love I mean how he conducts himself, how he comes across) he to me is genuine and I can feel the love he has for Elvis when I see televised interviews w/him or interviews on DVD. I am glad that other's don't bash him, he doesn't deserve that treatment, not that anyone does, but shoot I hope you know what I mean. lol

Quote Originally Posted by riley View Post
    thanks Suzana for your reply on my question
    Your very welcome, always! That is my opinion, when I get a free moment I will look up more info on that if you would like?

TCB Mafia
    it's OK Sue. It is a bit who I figured out it was.
    Joe and Jerry indeed were and are still her favourites.
    But I don't know she still is in contact with Joe nowadays or with his ex Joannie.
    They used to be good friends tough...
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

Quote Originally Posted by riley View Post
    it's OK Sue. It is a bit who I figured out it was.
    Joe and Jerry indeed were and are still her favourites.
    But I don't know she still is in contact with Joe nowadays or with his ex Joannie.
    They used to be good friends tough...
    Yes she is, not as frequent as b4 w/Joe but yes still in touch.
    Same w/Joannie....matter of fact Joannie was interviewed for the bio special on Pris. Her last name now is Kardashian, you know who that is right?

Billy was devoted to Elvis.Personally I think if any of the MM were spreading great untruths about Elvis he would speak up and defend him.I believe his silence speaks to the credibility of the others who are constantly put down.
    Jak

Billy was devoted to Elvis.Personally I think if any of the MM were spreading great untruths about Elvis he would speak up and defend him.I believe his silence speaks to the credibility of the others who are constantly put down.
    Jak
    Possibly, or could be he doesn't want to address it, like Lisa and some other's from the inner circle choose what to comment and what not to comment on. I hope that makes sense, what I'm trying to say?

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/intervie...ith_part1.html

Billy addresses a lot of things in his interview.
    I'm sure some will disagree with him too.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Possibly, or could be he doesn't want to address it, like Lisa and some other's from the inner circle choose what to comment and what not to comment on. I hope that makes sense, what I'm trying to say?
    I dont think he would associate with them at the very least.His actions towards them is very telling IMO.It could be that those guys arent such a bad bunch and have been basically truthfull over the years.Billy was to devoted to Elvis to just let it slide if it was otherwise.If he thoguth they had hurt Elvis I dont think he would have a thing to do with them.Im sure it's a lot different view from the inside looking out than the reverse.
    Jak

MissyM
    Jak, I can't speak for Billy but: don't you think he has lost enough? Don't you think he has been through enough? Do you really feel he should risk losing the relationships he has left? I have to ask for what? People are going to think what they want anyway. And all it would serve to do was open up a can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    Jak, I can't speak for Billy but: don't you think he has lost enough? Don't you think he has been through enough? Do you really feel he should risk losing the relationships he has left? I have to ask for what? People are going to think what they want anyway. And all it would serve to do was open up a can of worms.
    I just dont feel he would maintain a relationship with anyone he felt truly hurt Elvis.He cared for him to much.
    Jak

Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    Yes thank you...I didn't know how to phrase it.

I dont think he would associate with them at the very least.His actions towards them is very telling IMO.It could be that those guys arent such a bad bunch and have been basically truthfull over the years.Billy was to devoted to Elvis to just let it slide if it was otherwise.If he thoguth they had hurt Elvis I dont think he would have a thing to do with them.Im sure it's a lot different view from the inside looking out than the reverse.
    Jak
    What makes you think he's still associating w/them? I don't know if he is or isn't, but how do we know? And here's the thing that I see, they weren't hurtful to Elvis while he was alive, do you think Lamar would have dared to see those things about Elvis had he been alive????? And it was Lamar who was involved in Goldman's book. Again as I've said b4, could very well be true all of what he claims, but some things should be left unsaid, I doubt Lamar would want such personal things said about him for his family to read and hear about.
    I've never actually heard Billy say one way or the other whether certain claims of Lamar's are true or not and that leads me back to agreeing w/MissyM..

Yes thank you...I didn't know how to phrase it.

What makes you think he's still associating w/them? I don't know if he is or isn't, but how do we know? And here's the thing that I see, they weren't hurtful to Elvis while he was alive, do you think Lamar would have dared to see those things about Elvis had he been alive????? And it was Lamar who was involved in Goldman's book. Again as I've said b4, could very well be true all of what he claims, but some things should be left unsaid, I doubt Lamar would want such personal things said about him for his family to read and hear about.
    I've never actually heard Billy say one way or the other whether certain claims of Lamar's are true or not and that leads me back to agreeing w/MissyM..
    Billy has appeared with the other MM dressed in MM garb from head to toe.He has no ill will against them.
    Jak

"And here's the thing that I see, they weren't hurtful to Elvis while he was alive, do you think Lamar would have dared to see those things about Elvis had he been alive????"

Lamar needed his job and was completely under Elvis' thumb while he was alive.He was Elvis' punching bag.Dont forget that Red and Sonny published their book while Elvis was alive.Their book was sensation at the time and exposed Elvis' dark side which was a shocker at the time.They were not afraid of Elvis.Obviously that's because they could backup thier claims and Elvis knew it.Otherwise they would have faced litigation.
    Jak

"And here's the thing that I see, they weren't hurtful to Elvis while he was alive, do you think Lamar would have dared to see those things about Elvis had he been alive????"

Lamar needed his job and was completely under Elvis' thumb while he was alive.He was Elvis' punching bag.Dont forget that Red and Sonny published their book while Elvis was alive.Their book was sensation at the time and exposed Elvis' dark side which was a shocker at the time.They were not afraid of Elvis.Obviously that's because they could backup thier claims and Elvis knew it.Otherwise they would have faced litigation.
    Jak
    I didn't think EWH was such a "shocker" as much as I thought it was a huge betrayal of a friend.
    HAD Elvis lived; they just might have gotten their litigation you speak of.
    Elvis was hurt and rightly so. Sometimes you have to grieve before setting about to "set the record straight."
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    He knew it was coming for months, and it was published six weeks before he died.

Elvis would never have sued them, for he knew it all to be true.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I didn't think EWH was such a "shocker" as much as I thought it was a huge betrayal of a friend.
    Elvis was hurt and rightly so. Sometimes you have to grieve before setting about to "set the record straight."
    You must have not been an Elvis fan in 1977.That book was incredibly shocking at the time.People were stunned.His image was still basically intact at the time.Youre wrong about the litigation.You dont try and bribe someone before you start the litigation.Just the fact that Elvis did try and bribe them shows you the book was factual.They had nothing to fear from him buacause they told the truth.Elvis knew that bribery was his only chance to keep up his veil of secrecy he cherished.
    Jak