Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the MM still friends?

Are the MM still friends?

I was just wondering if all the MM remained good friends' over the years?

Does anyone know?

franny

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    I'm not sure Franny..I would like to think they still talk with each other.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Most of them do...they keep in touch...but I think there are factions now, it's not the whole group talking to ea. other.

not another tread on MM. ol whatever, I'm not put your tread down or you, I'm scare that anothers put ts tread down like anothers tread about MM.
    Some MM still Friends and some not.
    Tom
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

Here's something I recall reading but may be a lilttle offtopic.. Last I heard Billy Smith still lives back in Tupelo now working...always thought that was interesting.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by BradM View Post
    Here's something I recall reading but may be a lilttle offtopic.. Last I heard Billy Smith still lives back in Tupelo now working...always thought that was interesting.
    He said he was back in MS and I always wondered where, thanks for that info Brad. I wonder how he likes Tupelo? And if the memories are there or if so much has changed that he doesn't recognize it anymore, you know what I mean?

Yes I know exactly what you mean.

I guess it's home to him. I mean thats where all the Smiths' lived before they left for Memphis when the Presley family moved there. I'm sure things have changed there..just like everything else that changes.

It saddens me that Lisa doesn't associate with any of her father's side of the family (Besides Patsy) as we saw her on elvis by the presley's.

As far as I can remember, Billy and Marty and Red and Sonny and Lamar all have stayed in contact with each other fairly regularly but they don't have anything to do with Jerry or George or Joe Esposito.

George and Marty tried to patch things up with each other several years ago but...it didn't work out that way...

I think it's basically a 50/50 split right down the middle as far as who likes who in the MM and who doesn't. Most all of them hated Larry Geller.....and how he wormed himself back into the group in late '76 is beyond me....

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    As far as I can remember, Billy and Marty and Red and Sonny and Lamar all have stayed in contact with each other fairly regularly but they don't have anything to do with Jerry or George or Joe Esposito.

George and Marty tried to patch things up with each other several years ago but...it didn't work out that way...

I think it's basically a 50/50 split right down the middle as far as who likes who in the MM and who doesn't. Most all of them hated Larry Geller.....and how he wormed himself back into the group in late '76 is beyond me....

I've wondered about that last part as well, Sonny I think has made up w/some of them. I don't know about Red.

I am also wondering how in the world Geller got past Pris again? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BradM View Post
    Yes I know exactly what you mean.

I guess it's home to him. I mean thats where all the Smiths' lived before they left for Memphis when the Presley family moved there. I'm sure things have changed there..just like everything else that changes.

It saddens me that Lisa doesn't associate with any of her father's side of the family (Besides Patsy) as we saw her on elvis by the presley's.

thanks, I wasn't sure if how I wrote it was what was in my head.LOL

I think some things have change, I'm sure, like you said, as it has everywhere else, but the hardware store is still there.
    Elvis birthplace has changed a lot...I wish they'd not tampered w/that house either, so people got the true sense of where he came from and where he got to. Lisa has been there a couple times, I liked hearing about that.

I know what you mean, I wish she had more input about her dad from his side of the family, other then Patsy, though Patsy does speak highly of Elvis.

I agree with Tony. I think it's about a 50/50 split. There's always seemed to be a division that way.
    {Not meaning this wrong; there seemed be two different classes,IMO.}

As to Geller. I've not seen him say a bad word about any of them.
    He gets a tad melodramatic , but he and Elvis related.
    He's someone Elvis wanted in his life. He did less harm than any of them, IMO.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

TCB Mafia
    me too I tought Larry was OK but I do know Pris did not like him at all and now they are on speaking terms again
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

I heard same thing Riley.
    I think Larry is a drama mama, he's not spoken ill of Elvis and his book was so so, I just think he exagerates his role in Elvis life...I believe Sonny, I don't think Larry was around as much as he says he was.
    I have a friend who knows him says he's super nice guy, that could very well be, I don't think he's not a nice guy, I just don't buy everything that he says about his relationship w/Elvis.

Like I said in my first post, near the top, there are factions now, it is not the MM that was during Elvis time.

The impression I get is there are two groups, the one that operates Priscillaīs way (the good ones) and the one that donīt want to play her game (the bad ones) even though they are all doing the same in relation to Elvis from 77 only in a different fashion.
    Did anyone see the note in elvis.com when Charlie Hodge died? It said one of the good guys have died....

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I agree with Tony. I think it's about a 50/50 split. There's always seemed to be a division that way.
    {Not meaning this wrong; there seemed be two different classes,IMO.}

As to Geller. I've not seen him say a bad word about any of them.
    He gets a tad melodramatic , but he and Elvis related.
    He's someone Elvis wanted in his life. He did less harm than any of them, IMO.
    How are Larry Geller and Elvis related? I don't recall hearing anything about that. Larry is a hairstylist that Elvis found and liked - and hired away from whoever Larry was working for at the time.

nevermind...I took it in the wrong context - they "related" not are "related" sorry cameron....it's early here....still half asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    The impression I get is there are two groups, the one that operates Priscillaīs way (the good ones) and the one that donīt want to play her game (the bad ones) even though they are all doing the same in relation to Elvis from 77 only in a different fashion.
    Did anyone see the note in elvis.com when Charlie Hodge died? It said one of the good guys have died....
    Hi donut, yay your back. I enjoy your posts very much.

Yes I think your dead on w/that description, I call them factions LOL.
    And yes I did see that w/Charlie's passing....I didn't think it was necessary, but maybe they didn't mean it in context it was taken? Anyhow I found it odd that neither Pris nor Lisa attended even though Charlie still saw them from time to time...yet Pris went to Col.'s funeral and even spoke, which I found odd considering she took him to court to oust him. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    Hi donut, yay your back. I enjoy your posts very much.

Yes I think your dead on w/that description, I call them factions LOL.
    And yes I did see that w/Charlie's passing....I didn't think it was necessary, but maybe they didn't mean it in context it was taken? Anyhow I found it odd that neither Pris nor Lisa attended even though Charlie still saw them from time to time...yet Pris went to Col.'s funeral and even spoke, which I found odd considering she took him to court to oust him. JMO
    Thank you for your compliment Suzan, I enjoy your posts too .
    I know itīs off topic but like you I always found that relation with the Col. strange. It seems to me that the only thing that bothers her is how they all speak of her because I find what the Col. did to Elvis concerning his earnings more abussive and a reason to cut all relations than other things the MM have done.

TCB Mafia
    all odd indeed.

The good ones and the bad ones....

haha almost a title for a new movie about them
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

Quote Originally Posted by riley View Post
    all odd indeed.

The good ones and the bad ones....

haha almost a title for a new movie about them
    Yeah The Good, The Bad and The Ugly like the film. Guess how they sort the scrips for this one...

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast