Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Are the MM still friends?

What in the world has any of this to do w/the MM thread? Seems same people hijacking and tossing the first stone. Mods please go back a couple of pages.

Some MM are still friends, as stated and as I've said, there are factions....that is fact of life, happens to every day people as well, people change, grow apart, bicker, so forth and so on.

I wish that George Klein had been nicer to Sonny, as he was quite different @ Charlie's funeral (Sonny interview) and then turned on him, quite sad and I wonder why he did it?

I can't say that I like Sonny or Red. Just my opinion.

I do think there is and has always been factions within the group.
    Much jealousy and egos, IMO. Same as our life I agree.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I can't say that I like Sonny or Red. Just my opinion.

I do think there is and has always been factions within the group.
    Much jealousy and egos, IMO. Same as our life I agree.
    And you are entitled to that opinion, thank you for not jumping on me for mine and me saying I like Sonny, much appreciated.

I don't care for Red, just something about him I can't put my finger on, but I do like Sonny.

Not sure of George as I've heard conflicting accts. by those that spent time w/him....

Yes I agree, I think you and I said same thing prior, that there was always a division within the group, just they were free to express it after Elvis passing.

Yes very much like everyone's life and the people in it...sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    have ceased posting and that's a shame.
    Donut is back and I'm happy about that, along w/quite a few others.
    Thank you Suzan but I never left or planned to. Itīs just that some days Iīm so amazed reading some posts that my fingers canīt type properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Thank you Suzan but I never left or planned to. Itīs just that some days Iīm so amazed reading some posts that my fingers canīt type properly.
    Your welcome, I miss you when you don't post, your quite eliquent and just nice, even when "reprimanding" (for lack of a better term). I"m glad you didn't leave nor plan to...this place would not be the same w/o you, IMO.

Yes I know the feeling w/what you said in your last sentence.

Some of you I wouldn't give the time of day. Some are very nice people. The ones that aren't, you aren't fans. You just want to see yourself in print. You go on about things like you know but you have no idea what you are talking about. The kind of fan that makes a person want to quit if they feel responsible for producing the type of human being you are. The MM were angels compared to some of you. Marty had his faults but he wasn't deceptive. Red and Sonny had tempers but they were upfront and all around good guys. Joe, i will admit, you had to watch because you didn't know what side of the fence he was on sometimes. The Stanleys, they couldn't help who their mother was. But they could be nice kids. Charley was a very good friend despite what the know it alls say. Lamar, yes I know he got picked on but everyone assumed he was taking it in good humor. Yes , you can look back and see things you wish you had done differently. George is ok, like everyone else, he wants to achieve his fame. He helped out a few times. I hope to be banned for this because this place leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's evident that peopel get preferential treatment. Be assured you don't have the kind of spirit a true fan has. This board is disappointing to say the least. Stick to the facts, like record sales. You peopel are way off in your opinions. And I will remind you, they are OPINIONS. No matter what you say a true fan does not sit around and discuss the dirt on someone's personal life. Even if you respect someone you wouldn't do that. So, do waht you people do best. argue among yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoxelvis View Post
    Some of you I wouldn't give the time of day. Some are very nice people. The ones that aren't, you aren't fans. You just want to see yourself in print. You go on about things like you know but you have no idea what you are talking about. The kind of fan that makes a person want to quit if they feel responsible for producing the type of human being you are. The MM were angels compared to some of you. Marty had his faults but he wasn't deceptive. Red and Sonny had tempers but they were upfront and all around good guys. Joe, i will admit, you had to watch because you didn't know what side of the fence he was on sometimes. The Stanleys, they couldn't help who their mother was. But they could be nice kids. Charley was a very good friend despite what the know it alls say. Lamar, yes I know he got picked on but everyone assumed he was taking it in good humor. Yes , you can look back and see things you wish you had done differently. George is ok, like everyone else, he wants to achieve his fame. He helped out a few times. I hope to be banned for this because this place leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's evident that peopel get preferential treatment. Be assured you don't have the kind of spirit a true fan has. This board is disappointing to say the least. Stick to the facts, like record sales. You peopel are way off in your opinions. And I will remind you, they are OPINIONS. No matter what you say a true fan does not sit around and discuss the dirt on someone's personal life. Even if you respect someone you wouldn't do that. So, do waht you people do best. argue among yourselves.
    Thanks, Knoxelvis
    You had your say and I'm glad.I can agree with much of what you say .
    Just wish you wouldn't take off..

There are some "bad apples" everywhere in life.
    We just have to sort the "bad ones" out....

You see, I disagree with some of the people you like too.
    I just don't sit around complaining about them.

You're right about one thing; this is an Elvis site . It would be nice if we could just stick to Elvis. He was complicated enough, IMO.
    We'll never "know it all" and IMO, we shouldn't .....
    We don't have that right.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

We'll never "know it all" and IMO, we shouldn't
    I've said that quite a few times, so I have to agree w/your statement LOL

I wonder if Charlie, prior to his passing, if he'd reconciled w/those he'd been in disagreement with and if any of them called him from time to time to see how he was doing?

I wonder, apart from egos and wanting to have Elvis ear/attn., personalities, if there was something else underlying the fanctions in the group prior to Elvis' passing? I would think that sharing that very rarified world that it would have bonded them more????

Do you guys realize that knoxelvis is pretending he is Elvis?When you take his comments seriously you are only encouraging this.If it really is you Im sorry "E"
    Jak

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Do you guys realize that knoxelvis is pretending he is Elvis?When you take his comments seriously you are only encouraging this.If it really is you Im sorry "E"
    Jak
    I was addressing Cameron.
    I was quite aware, thanks though.

Loving elvis
    Thanks, Knoxelvis
    You had your say and I'm glad.I can agree with much of what you say .
    Just wish you wouldn't take off..

There are some "bad apples" everywhere in life.
    We just have to sort the "bad ones" out....

You see, I disagree with some of the people you like too.
    I just don't sit around complaining about them.

You're right about one thing; this is an Elvis site . It would be nice if we could just stick to Elvis. He was complicated enough, IMO.
    We'll never "know it all" and IMO, we shouldn't .....
    We don't have that right.
    l agree Cameron

I wonder if Charlie, prior to his passing, if he'd reconciled w/those he'd been in disagreement with and if any of them called him from time to time to see how he was doing?

I wonder, apart from egos and wanting to have Elvis ear/attn., personalities, if there was something else underlying the fanctions in the group prior to Elvis' passing? I would think that sharing that very rarified world that it would have bonded them more????
    Anybody? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Jak
    I don't believe he/she is doing that at all.
    It's as some of us do. It's a joke, jak. Smile and go on.
    There are others here that go by the name of Elvis .

I don't believe he/she is dooing that at all.
    It's as some of us do. It's a joke, jak. Smile and go on.
    Perfect!!!

Some of you I wouldn't give the time of day. Some are very nice people. The ones that aren't, you aren't fans. You just want to see yourself in print. You go on about things like you know but you have no idea what you are talking about. The kind of fan that makes a person want to quit if they feel responsible for producing the type of human being you are.
    Pathetic.

I hope to be banned for this
    That's the mods' call, obviously, but that's the smartest thing I've read here in a while. Adios.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I haven't really heard anything about Charlie "making up" with anyone before he passed. I've been to his site his wife set up afterwards though. She seems very nice .

Loving elvis
    I haven't really heard anything about Charlie "making up" with anyone before he passed. I've been to his site his wife set up afterwards though. She seems very nice .
    Jennifer Hodge is a very nice person

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Pathetic.

That's the mods' call, obviously, but that's the smartest thing I've read here in a while. Adios.
    Then let the mods call it. What do you say?
    Adios.

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    Jennifer Hodge is a very nice person
    She seems to be.
    I always thought Charlie was too, though some disagree .