Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Are the MM still friends?

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Originally Posted by Knoxelvis
    Close. I'm Elvis.

Pal, you are not even Elvis' boot strap. You come on here, posting usually inflammatory and inaccurate stuff, then run away.

No, it's annoying.

Please share your sources, for the inaccuracies?

Please refer to:

TCB WORLD.com Code of Conduct

1. Please do not harass, threaten, stalk, spam, or otherwise abuse other users.

1. Please DO have fun, engage with other members, and treat your fellow TCB Worlders with RESPECT.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Well, it's a little difficult now, because he removes his posts. Did you even read his post to me, calling me a "sore"? I presume that's why he was banned for a week.

Perhaps my comment about him will see me banned or issued with another infraction; but he is deliberately inflammatory with his blink-and-you'll-miss-them posts. My comment was issued in half-jest, as was I assume his own comment about being Elvis.

And thank you so much for a reminder of the rules. You be sure to discuss them at your next moderator meeting. Oh, that's right ... you're not a moderator.

You got something to say to me? PM it!

But back to the MM being freinds ...
    Last edited by Getlo; 11-19-2007 at 11:29 PM.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Please refer to:

TCB WORLD.com Code of Conduct

1. Please do not harass, threaten, stalk, spam, or otherwise abuse other users.

1. Please DO have fun, engage with other members, and treat your fellow TCB Worlders with RESPECT.
    Am I missing something? I don't see anything that's against the rules in Getlo's response that you posted.
    What I find disrespectful to the forum, the moderators (who have their hands full, which initself is sad, and other forum members, is people claiming to be Elvis, posting their responses, then deleting them, provoking other members and addressing their personal things on an open thread, claiming falsehoods and starting threads meant to entice arguments, shoot the list is endless. I to find it remarkable that some think they are the moderators. This forum ALREADY HAS FANTASTIC MODERATORS and they DON'T need ANY assistance from regular forum members, and if they do I'm sure they will let whomever they chose to assist know privately..
    As many many have said, including the mods, if you don't like a topic stay off of it, if you have an opinion, like everyone else you have the right to post it, don't attack another's post and the same courtesy will be extended. Look thru the threads, you will find who the instigators are and it's not the one's that some finger's are pointing at, that is quite easy to see.

There are nights I truly truly feel bad for the moderators, having my own forum, I know the work, effort and love that goes into something like this, they've tried to create a place to DISCUSS Elvis and his life, a place to share, learn and have fun, and that is increasingly difficult to do due to certain individuals who find it necessary to attack, name call, etc...then get upset when the object of their attack responds in kind. Sad very sad. Let's show the mods that we actually ARE ABLE to act like the adults most of us are (shoot some teens on here act more mature at times) and leave the personal things to either pm's or some other form of private communication.

In defense of Getlo, having been following his posts, he has not attacked anyone that I've seen (if I'm incorrect I apologize, I'm going by my own experience) he asks ? when something posted out of thin air, he'd like to know how that person either came to that conclusion, or where the info came from, there is nothing wrong in that, how else are we supposed to learn? I've asked myself, and not gotten responses, in which case, if I can't prove something or answer a rebuttal ? I don't post, or I'm uncertain I will say so and I would like to know another's opinion or what they've read, and where, so that I am better informed, it is not meant as an "attack", some truly need to look up the true meaning of the word "attack" before they use it so loosely.

Getlo I hope not, I think the mods see the situation, I think they are aware.

I've met some wonderful wonderful, intelligent and sweet people on this forum and for that I'm thankful, I look forward to coming here and seeing their wonderful and insightful posts (you know who you guys are ), lets not allow a handful of people to ruin that. I've noticed that some great members have ceased posting and that's a shame.
    Donut is back and I'm happy about that, along w/quite a few others.

RESPECT IS EARNED NOT GIVEN! And if you want respect you need to give it as well. Don't expect anything more of someone else then what you yourself are willing to give.

Sorry for the "War & Peace" novel but this is something I've wanted to say for a bit.

Thanks mods for all that you do, that from me has been a long time coming!
    Last edited by Suzan; 11-20-2007 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Typo on "yourself"

TCB Mafia
    Well, it's a little difficult now, because he removes his posts. Did you even read his post to me, calling me a "sore"? I presume that's why he was banned for a week.

Perhaps my comment about him will see me banned or issued with another infraction; but he is deliberately inflammatory with his blink-and-you'll-miss-them posts,

And thank you so much for a reminder of the rules. You be sure to discuss them at your next moderator meeting. Oh, that's right ... you're not a moderator.

You got something to say to me? PM it!

But back to the MM being freinds ...

If there were inaccuracies, for you to state that there were, in your post, you must have remembered them, as otherwise, you wouldn't have said it in the first place, so please share?

Or, perhaps, you were presuming?

I'm sorry that you always like to set yourself up as the victim.

Oh, back to the subject. Of course some of the MM are still friends. Marty apparently phones Sonny every week. However, there is more to it. Have a nice day!

But none of them (save for Jerry) keep in contact with Joe Esposito.

He is not held in high regard by anyone in the MM. Same with Geller, although I don't consider him as a member of the MM (as much as he pretends otherwise).
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

But none of them (save for Jerry) keep in contact with Joe Esposito.

He is not held in high regard by anyone in the MM. Same with Geller, although I don't consider him as a member of the MM (as much as he pretends otherwise).

That is true.
    Getlo do you know if Sonny and George are back on speaking terms? And I do think that George and Joe and Jerry talk to ea. other...I wonder if they'll now communicate w/Geller that Pris is now ok w/him? lol I agree btw w/what you said about Geller, even though a good friend of mine says he to is a nice guy having spent time w/him, which again, is prob. true but doesn't mean he is correct in his view or story of his importance in Elvis' life.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    Getlo do you know if Sonny and George are back on speaking terms?
    I've been lucky enough to spend time with them both, but neither mentioned the other. Then again, I didn't think to ask.

I did ask Sonny his opinion about Joe though ... but he asked me to keep his thoughts to myself until after he dies! Let's just say I can't print Sonny's words about Joe on here ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I've been lucky enough to spend time with them both, but neither mentioned the other. Then again, I didn't think to ask.

I did ask Sonny his opinion about Joe though ... but he asked me to keep his thoughts to myself until after he dies! Let's just say I can't print Sonny's words about Joe on here ...
    Thank you for responding...
    How cool, I don't know what to make of George at times but my friend who's hung w/him couple times, she likes him a lot...he seems nice enough...I just don't always believe he was part of MM but have no doubt good friends w/Elvis.

I like Sonny a lot, I think he's gotten a raw deal...to me he comes across sincere, though some stories he's told may not be totally accurate, but then again it all comes down to perception.

LOL no worries, and I can only imagine...Joe, IMO, has gotten quite an ego few yrs. running and in interviews he sounds like he's memorized the script when discussing Elvis...that's just my impression.lol

Again thank you for responding, much appreciated.

Coming On Strong
    Sonny thought everything was cool between himself and George Klein, after Klein approached Sonny (at a funeral i think) and told him "i love you Sonny".

But Klein has since said negative things about Sonny.

Sonny actually shared a room with Esposito back in the 60`s, and got on well with him at that time. But things are a little different now!

Quote Originally Posted by TurnpikeTaylor View Post
    Sonny thought everything was cool between himself and George Klein, after Klein approached Sonny (at a funeral i think) and told him "i love you Sonny".

But Klein has since said negative things about Sonny.

Sonny actually shared a room with Esposito back in the 60`s, and got on well with him at that time. But things are a little different now!

Thank you...I found that interview w/Sonny, that was @ Charlies funeral, things like that make me go w/Klein.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    Am I missing something? I don't see anything that's against the rules in Getlo's response that you posted.

RESPECT IS EARNED NOT GIVEN!
    !

I have to disagree with you. You did refer to respect, and it is in the Rules.

Common courtesy; being polite; manners would go with that; being inclusive of all; makes a big difference, to any situation, whether it is business, or personal.

Unfortunately, with today's media, things are changing, for the worse, in my opinion.

Respect (and common courtesy) should be given to all, otherwise, where would our World be? That's right, where it is now

A lot of people have left, yes, since I've been here, you are right. People who have stood up for being respectful towards Elvis, then left, because of said treatment. Some have come back, but they don't say a word, which is understandable.

The fan's posts, speak for themselves; yes, you have missed them, because they gave up, because they were too polite to continue arguing. JJ has also said to Getlo recently to "stay off".

You seem to like saying your peace, and then thank the Mods.

Oh, Ricardo did PM Getlo, to sort things out, but that was posted publicly, so no point in doing that.

Unfortunately, with today's media, things are changing, for the worse, in my opinion.
    What on earth has the media - and blaming it for every single woe in the world? - got to do with anything?

A lot of people have left, yes, since I've been here, you are right. People who have stood up for being respectful towards Elvis
    Do not even presume, not for one nanosecond, that I do not respect Elvis. To talk about his negatives openly and honestly is not to show disrespect. You are once again being passive-aggressive and not saying things outright. And if people choose to leave the forum, that is their choice. Nobody forces them off. Some posters back away when they're asked for sources. And, once again, I defy you to find any post where I have been scathing to anyone first.

JJ has also said to Getlo recently to "stay off".
    You need to read posts carefully and stop posting falsehoods. What he said was that I should stay off posts if I didn't like them.

Oh, Ricardo did PM Getlo, to sort things out, but that was posted publicly, so no point in doing that.
    To sort things out? Did you even read his PM? I'd publish any PM again that is sent to me if it furthers aggression.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

TCB Mafia
    What on earth has the media - and blaming it for every single woe in the world? - got to do with anything?

The media de-sensitises, with their reporting. Shows like Big Brother, for example, show our children that it is 'acceptable' to not include people, to bully people.

Do not even presume, not for one nanosecond, that I do not respect Elvis. To talk about his negatives openly and honestly is not to show disrespect. You are once again being passive-aggressive and not saying things outright. And if people choose to leave the forum, that is their choice. Nobody forces them off. Some posters back away when they're asked for sources. And, once again, I defy you to find any post where I have been scathing to anyone first..

RESPECT:

9.to hold in esteem or honor: I cannot respect a cheat. 10.to show regard or consideration for: to respect someone's rights. 11.to refrain from intruding upon or interfering with: to respect a person's privacy.

To sort things out? Did you even read his PM? I'd publish any PM again that is sent to me if it furthers aggression.

In my opinion, you are very touchy, and like to act the victim.

Aggression does seem to be the way with some . Of course, it drives people away. No one can have a discussion without some getting in the agressive mode .
    It solves nothing as there is no "give and take" ; only the aggressors claiming to "know all." That's not a discussion, IMO. just the thrill of bullying others .
    Very sad .
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

I have to disagree with you. You did refer to respect, and it is in the Rules.

Common courtesy; being polite; manners would go with that; being inclusive of all; makes a big difference, to any situation, whether it is business, or personal.

Respect (and common courtesy) should be given to all, otherwise, where would our World be? That's right, where it is now

A lot of people have left, yes, since I've been here, you are right. People who have stood up for being respectful towards Elvis, then left, because of said treatment. Some have come back, but they don't say a word, which is understandable.

The fan's posts, speak for themselves; yes, you have missed them, because they gave up, because they were too polite to continue arguing. JJ has also said to Getlo recently to "stay off".

You seem to like saying your peace, and then thank the Mods.

Jess if your going to quote me, please do it accurately and re-read my post. I did not post the original reference to forum rules and respect. Take a second look please.

And since you only choose certain parts of my post, am I to take it you agree w/the rest? If so in that case your response is mute.

If you have anything further to say to me, once again, I'm asking you do it in pm, thank you.

And the respect issue, read the rest of what I wrote hon Here you go:
    RESPECT IS EARNED NOT GIVEN! And if you want respect you need to give it as well. Don't expect anything more of someone else then what you yourself are willing to give.
    This is what I've been taught, if you haven't well that is a difference in our backgrounds nothing more. I respect your opinions, please do likewise w/mine.

What exactly are you trying to say w/me saying my piece? I have every right to do so just as you yourself have now done and one has NOTHING to do w/the other, so why my thanking the mods has you irked and ? is beyond me...do you not think they deserve thanks for this forum that you and I an a multitude of others come to? Do they not put effort into it?
    The mods DO DESERVE A THANK YOU! If you don't agree that is your own issue something nobody can help you with but yourself.

The media de-sensitises, with their reporting. Shows like Big Brother, for example, show our children that it is 'acceptable' to not include people, to bully people.

RESPECT:

9.to hold in esteem or honor: I cannot respect a cheat. 10.to show regard or consideration for: to respect someone's rights. 11.to refrain from intruding upon or interfering with: to respect a person's privacy.

I agree, Jess .
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    It solves nothing as there is no "give and take" ; only the aggressors claiming to "know all." That's not a discussion, IMO. just the thrill of bullying others .
    Very sad .
    You are both classic passive-aggressives.

It is people like you who ruin threads. Oh, that's only my opinion of course! Not.

I am done responding to you both, for the foreseeable future at least. No doubt you'll be glad of that, and will make some ******** comments about it in your next posts. This, and you, are now boring.

I'd suggest you place my profile on ignore, as I will be doing the same to both of you.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

TCB Mafia
    You are right, Cameron, thank you.

You are a very nice MAN, LOL!!!

I'm going to bow out, I'm not into "dirt".

You are right, Cameron, thank you.

You are a very nice MAN, LOL!!!

I'm going to bow out, I'm not into "dirt".
    Good thinking
    Check your pm Jess.

You are both classic passive-aggressives.

It is people like you who ruin threads. Oh, that's only my opinion of course! Not.

I am done responding to you both, for the foreseeable future at least. No doubt you'll be glad of that, and will make some ******** comments about it in your next posts. This, and you, are now boring.

I'd suggest you place my profile on ignore, as I will be doing the same to both of you.

That could be a good thing, IMO.
    I love reading your posts though; so I'll just keep you "on."