Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey ladies....what attracted yall to Elvis?

Hey ladies....what attracted yall to Elvis?

This topic is for us girls only. So no boys allowed.

So ladies.....what was it that attracted yall to Elvis?

For me, it was when I was about 14 and saw his Aloha special on VH1 for the first time.

It was like his song says, the first time ever I saw his face, lol.

I was like "whoa, is that really Elvis? He's sooooo fine!!!"

The 70's Elvis to me was what the media portrayed him as, until I saw it for myself, and was BLOWN AWAY!!

Those blue eyes! That legendary smile! The jet black hair! The way he stood and let his sexiness flow! The sexy opened chest on his suits! The way he said "thank you, you're beautiful". OMG.....he had the whole package!

I still get that same feelin today whenever I see him on TV. He's got a ridiculous affect on me, lol.

Seein him lookin that FINE and then seein how sexy he was in his movies made me fall in love with him. And him bein a Memphian added to my love affair with him.

That, along with hearin his sexy voice and his back catalog out of curiosity made me a huge fan instantly.

Just by hearin and seein his concerts showed me what an incredible phenom he really was and still is!

And since we're talkin about his sex appeal.....Elvis had one of the cutest a$$es in his early days as well. I like him in the shorts in Blue Hawaii. He had a great body for someone who didn't lift weights or work out.

I was sorta a closet fan at first, because of the peer pressure I was gettin from kids my age, mostly black kids in my hood. But as I got older in to my late teens, I came out of the closet, so to speak, and proud to call myself an Elvis fan.

I'm sure for the older women here that it wasn't that difficult for you to wear an Elvis t-shirt out in public because of lack of peer pressure. But for the younger girls my age (23), how did yall handle your love for Elvis, a man who's been dead longer than we've been alive?

Cool story.
    Well seen as i am a girl, i can answer

I went to Graceland in 2005, not a fan, and after that one trip i became a fan. I started to look at T-shirts with his face.

Then i got it.

The TTWII Dvd...

WOW I fell in love.

His personality, his looks, his whole image. But also, the man.

And like you said, i still get that feeling when i see him, my eyes get bigger and then the mouth starts to water.

But then i see him, singing, pouring his heart out and then the lump in my throat forms. How much he gave to us.

If i could touch him, hold him, for 1 second, i think i would die there, in his arms.
    Wow, one man, has this effect on me. Strange, i know, but i like it.

I love him, and no matter what, i always will.

He'll always be my hero.

1935-1977 Never forgotten xxxx

Loving elvis
    When l was younger l used to listern to elvis music and see movies and thought OMG what a good looking men he was so handsome so fine. Than l found the internet and went crazy with elvis pics, music and for some reason l couldn't get enough of elvis, its like addication l want more and more, so needless to say l fell for a very special men indeed, and btw l'am a female.

Yay! It's the girls turn! (I know the guys had a thread like this)

I don't really remember what attracted me to Elvis because I was into him at a young age. I do remember watching him on TV and thinking how cute he was. My mom used to tease me about it. I was five or six then. But what attracts him to me now as an adult.... First of all I would have to say his voice, the way he put a song across. Then it's something about his eyes that I can't quite put a finger on. I love the way he treated his fans. You don't see too many stars today who treat their fans that way. Last but certainly not least, his sense of humor. It was crazy but fun! The way he laughed was contagious! He didn't seem to be uptight in anyway.

You said for me Lakeisha - first time ever I saw his face...and that voice and laugh!

Diane

I grew up listening to my dads Elvis records so as a kid, it was the music. Then as I grew a little older, 10 or so, it was his cool look and he reminded me of my dad. As a young adult it was still the music, but now noticing how dang good-looking he was. And naturally as I have aged...it is the whole sha-bang! The oozing sex appeal, the walk, the laugh, the voice, the passion, the most absolutely gorgeous man that ever lived.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 701_8x6.jpg  
    ...you're moving on the back roads, by the rivers of my memory and for hours you're just gentle on my mind.

Good thread It's more like...what was there to NOT be attracted to?
    In 1968 I was in the 4th grade, really sick with the flu, but my parents told me if I rested that day that I could watch the Special that night. I may have only been 9 years old, but I instantly knew what "sexy" meant
    It was very uncool to like Elvis for my age group. My friends loved Bobby Sherman, David Cassidy and Donnie Osmond How many of ya'll even remember who 2 of those 3 are??

For me it was how handsome he was. I first really noticed him when i watched Elvis and June A Love Story and i remember thinking "WOW! He was HOTT!" lol and that was pretty much it for me , ive been hooked ever since!
    "Its An Elvis Thing Man, You Just Wouldn't Understand"

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...loveselvis.gif

I was 3 so for me it was the voice but then as I got older it was the man, sure the artist was great, but I fell in love w/his heart, the man he was, the generousity, the sense of humor that he allowed to show thru from time to time, his laugh, so forth.

Wow VH1 played the Aloha special? How cool, I had no idea...I don't remember seeing it...dang it.

For me it was his voice, i first heard him in 1956, i had no idea what he looked like, now, there's something about his lips, mmmm

What more can i say all you ladys have said it for me.
    elvislady

born as a 'GI baby,' lived in Los Angeles, Ca, today in Paris, France
    I editing my post because there is a "Lady" who considers me apparently one of her enemies, what I'm NOT. I don't know what she has against me, but I don't let my personal life call 'a sob story' !
    Last edited by TC_of_EAP; 11-10-2007 at 04:30 AM. Reason: I editing my post because there is a "Lady" who considers me apparently one of her enemies
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic5529_1.gif

Elvis' Rich Southern Voice Flows Like Beewax in the Mississippi Sun

Oh good grief...

I think it's great how most people eventually fell in love w/the man as opposed to the image or the artist...and how many of us did so at a very young age.

<<Oh good grief...>>

If my post disturbs you, I'm sorry, I will delete it if you wish so.

Quote Originally Posted by TC_of_EAP View Post
    <<Oh good grief...>>

No not at all...no need to delete anything. I was referring to something else.

<<Oh good grief...>>

We are all nice people on at TCB world and dont mean to hurt anyone and susan is just replying to the thread and not you.
    elvislady

Quote Originally Posted by elvislady View Post
    We are all nice people on at TCB world and dont mean to hurt anyone and susan is just replying to the thread and not you.
    elvislady
    Thank you. I'm not always good at expressing myself. lol Yes this is a lovely forum. lots of great peeps!

Since I was born in Germany, it's been difficult to get anything over the pond before Internet, or even a big TV coverage and the likes. My biological father was American, from Austin, Texas, but sadly sadly I never met him. He'd died in a car accident without ever knowing he'd a daughter. My mother didn't want to get married to him She'd marry a German man who disliked my presence, and my mother didn't care either. But that German man liked music and I remember he'd played a lot of Elvis' early music when I was very little.
    At age 9 I happened to watch The NBC Special by pure chance ! I'w remember the music from my early childhood and put a face to the man who sang it. I fell totally in love with him, with his laughter, his shy smile, his mimic, his movements, there was something that drawn me to him.
    At this point I had no idea that I was half-American, my mother never told me. I didn't learn about it until I was 16 !!!!! By that time I was like the biggest Elvis fan in Europe, I kept a lot of US penpals to keep me updated on his career and everything, to send me records, memorabilia, etc. Most was behind my mother's back and I remember how she'd hit me when she'd find some material and throw everything in the garbage bin !!!! Some of my childhood trauma stems from things like that.
    Basically Elvis pulled me through the rough times, and it stayed that way ever since I can remember.

My biggest regret ever is that I never had the chance to see him in concert, never having met him, never having the chance to thank him for all he did for me. I know that I wouldn't have survive if not for Elvis !
    There were years I thought of him less, others more, but he never ever left my heart.
    As an adult I fell for him in great ways, his humour; his sensibility; his so beautiful eyes yet a mirror of eternal sadness; his generosity to a fault; his humble ways, he'd stayed human in spite of all the circus around his persona. He knew to never take it serious nor himself, he never grew a big head, even though it was on cost of his health in the end

I don't call myself a Elvis collector who has all the information on his life/career straight, not at all. I loved the human at a very tender age, it's been his soul which attracted me as a kid, and it never changed.
    Often I had the feeling that I saw myself in him somehow, he ressembled me and my turn of life in many ways. I always had the feeling that I could understand him throughout ! In an interview he'd said that he is looking for his twin, a partner who ressembles him. It stunned me, and I knew exactly what he meant -it's been my eternal quest, too.
    DON'T get me wrong here now, unlike the better part of girls I never sought to marry him or something. Funnily that idea never crossed my mind, I always thought he's more to me than that ! Much more !
    I'm confused... How were you not able to get anything overseas? I thought things on Elvis were avail. overseas? And if that is the case, how did you view the special @ age 9?
    Sorry you had it rough...

How long did you live in L.A., I live in L.A., which part were you in? I also lived in Europe and Canada, @ age 8 my uncle bought me my first ever Elvis poster, and I was not even in a country that you would think would have had one back then, this was back in '76.
    I remember that vividly...and my first album of my very own was the one my dad bought me in 1974. I still listen to that album and I can recall that day like yesterday, the weather, the feeling I had when I opened it, wanting to stay home from school (he gave to me when I got home for lunch) and it being a warm spring day...funny how Elvis voice when you hear it can transport you back in time to a certain day, place, feeling. That's the other thing that attracted me to him, as I grew older, that power he had thru his voice to transport you back to a time and place.
    Last edited by Suzan; 11-10-2007 at 03:09 AM. Reason: forgot to add something.

Great thread...I was sorry to read your story TC, hope things are better for you now
    Believe it or not, but when I first came here it was only because of the music, not the man himself. Then I started to read stuff about how kind he was, and discovered more about his attitude...and in a way it changed me
    I mean, I became a better person, it says enough about what becoming an ELvis addict means (yes, I am addicted)
    Like Lakeisha said, it's not easy to be an Elvis fan today because our generation doesn't care about him, but we have the internet, where we can meet other fans

gfdfgfdhfghggh
    Last edited by TC_of_EAP; 11-10-2007 at 04:45 AM. Reason: abuse

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast