Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The arena where Elvis played

The arena where Elvis played

I recently took these pictures of the Von Braun Civic Center here in Huntsville, AL where EP performed at from May 30-June 1 1975. I was at the evening show on June 1. I was able to get permission to take the picture inside the arena by the administrations office. So yu can thank them for that.

Photo 1 is the exterior of the arena taken across the street last week in the old Hilton parking lot. Now the Holiday Inn. It looks today as it looked in 1975. What you see in this picture EP saw on May 30 when he arrived from the Hilton to the back entrance (to the left of the arena) to enter the building for his very first concert in Huntsville.

Photo 2 is the inside of the arena. The stage pictured is in the exact position and location as EP's was. EP entered the back through a side door (to the right of the big brown middle door). The arena seats around 7,000. Nothing has changed since then.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

Thanks EP75 (Jay I think?) for posting these....very nice....I wish I was able to see him perform live....

Here's the official set lists for each of the 5 shows performed in Huntsville on may 30, 31 and June 1.

May 30, 1975.(8:30 pm) Huntsville, AL. Von Braun Civic Center
    TRACKLIST
    2001 Theme / See See Rider / I Got A Woman - Amen / Love Me / If You Love Me / Love Me Tender / All Shook Up / Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel / The Wonder Of You / Burning Love /Intros: Johnny B. Goode by James Burton - Ronnie Tutt drums solo - Jerry Scheff bass solo - Glen D. Hardin piano solo - Joe Guercio and orchestra - Hail ! Hail ! Rock' n' roll / T-R-O-U-B-L-E / I'll Remember You / Let Me Be There (+ reprise) / Why Me Lord / Funny How Time Slips Away (+ reprise) / That's All Right / Can't Help Falling In Love

JUMPSUITS
    Elvis Presley: Silver Phoenix suit / Black Phoenix suit belt
    The Sweet Inspirations: White pants & top
    J.D. Sumner: Green pants & shirt
    The Stamps Quartet: Green pants & shirt
    Musicians: Red pants & shirt

ATTENDANCE: 8,000

May 31, 1975.(2:30 pm) Huntsville, AL. Von Braun Civic Center.
    TRACKLIST
    2001 Theme / See See Rider / I Got A Woman - Amen / Love Me / If You Love Me / Love Me Tender / All Shook Up / Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel / The Wonder Of You (1 fs) / Burning Love / Intros: Johnny B. Goode by James Burton - Ronnie Tutt drums solo - Jerry Scheff bass solo - Glen D. Hardin piano solo - Joe Guercio and orchestra - Hail ! Hail ! Rock' n' roll / Trouble (excerpt) / T-R-O-U-B-L-E / Hawaiian Wedding Song / Let Me Be There (+ reprise) / An American Trilogy / Funny How Time Slips Away / Blue Suede Shoes / For The Good Times / Little Darling / Can't Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp

JUMPSUITS
    Elvis Presley: Indian Feather suit / Reserv belt
    Musicians: White pants & shirt

May 31, 1975.(8:30 pm) Huntsville, AL. Von Braun Civic Center.
    TRACKLIST
    2001 Theme / See See Rider / I Got A Woman - Amen / Love Me / If You Love Me / Love Me Tender / All Shook Up / Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel / The Wonder Of You / Burning Love / Intros: Johnny B. Goode by James Burton - Ronnie Tutt drums solo - Jerry Scheff bass solo - Glen D. Hardin piano solo - Joe Guercio and orchestra - Hail ! Hail ! Rock' n' roll / I Can't Stop Loving You / T-R-O-U-B-L-E / Hawaiian Wedding Song / Let Me Be There (+ reprise) / Why Me Lord? / American Trilogy / Hound Dog (1 fs) / Funny How Time Slips Away / Little Darling / I'm Leaving / Can't Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp

JUMPSUITS
    Elvis Presley: Red Phoenix suit / Original belt
    Kathy Westmoreland: White pants & top
    The Sweet Inspirations: Lightblue pants & top
    Voice: White pants & Lightblue shirt
    Musicians: Black pants & shirt

June 1, 1975. (2:30 pm) Huntsville, AL. Von Braun Civic Center.
    TRACKLIST
    2001 Theme / See See Rider / I Got A Woman - Amen / Love Me / If You Love Me / Love Me Tender / All Shook Up / Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel / The Wonder Of You (1 fs)/ Heartbreak Hotel / Burning Love / Intros: Johnny B. Goode by James Burton - Ronnie Tutt drums solo - Jerry Scheff bass solo - Glen D. Hardin piano solo - Joe Guercio and orchestra - Hail ! Hail ! Rock' n' roll / Release Me / T-R-O-U-B-L-E / Why Me Lord / How Great Thou Art / Let Me Be There / Funny How Time Slips Away (+ reprise) / Little Darling / Hawaiian Wedding Song (1 line) / Can't Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp

JUMPSUITS
    Elvis Presley: Silver Phoenix suit / Original belt
    Voice: White pants & Blue/White colored shirt
    Musicians: White pants & shirt

June 1, 1975. (8:30 pm) Huntsville, AL. Von Braun Civic Center.
    TRACKLIST
    2001 Theme / See See Rider / I Got A Woman - Amen / Love Me / If You Love Me / Love Me Tender / All Shook Up / Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel / The Wonder Of You (3 fs) / Burning Love (fs) / Polk Salad Annie / Intros: Johnny B. Goode by James Burton - Ronnie Tutt drums solo - Jerry Scheff bass solo - Glen D. Hardin piano solo - Joe Guercio and orchestra - Hail ! Hail ! Rock' n' roll / I Can't Stop Loving You / T-R-O-U-B-L-E / I'll Remember You / Let Me Be There / Why Me Lord / american Trilogy / Funny How Time Slips Away / Can't Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp

JUMPSUITS
    Elvis Presley: Black Phoenix suit / Original belt
    The Stamps Quartet: Green pants & shirt
    Voice: Lightblue pants & White shirt
    Musicians: Lightblue pants & shirt
    Joe Guercio Orchestra: White shirt, red vest

http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Here's some additional photos from the Huntsville shows.

June 1, 8:30 pm show. I was at this show.

EP75, thanks for posting all the pictures and information. Those are some great pics of Elvis.

Thank you so much for posting all these photos and information... it's makes it easier for me to imagine what being at an actual Elvis concert would be like.

"before you abuse, criticise and accuse... walk a mile in my shoes"

You guys are welcome! What a lot of fans and people seem to forget is that it was after the June tour in 1975 that EP and his health started to go down hill as a performer and a person.

thank you so much EP75
    I love to see avenues!
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

Very cool
    If your an Elvis fan, no explanation is necessary....
    If your not, no explanation is possible!

Do you have any photos from the shows? That would be cool to see. Thanks.

A great peice of history, thnaks for sharing these with us.
    elvislady

Great! Thanks for sharing these pictures...It's amazing to think they changed nothing since 75.
    Btw, anyone know if they've changed a lot of things in the place where he performed Aloha from Hawaii?

re

Thanks for all the information
    I love it!!!
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

Thank you EP75 for the beautiful Pix's... he looked really great!! Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Loving elvis
    Great pictures EP75 thanks for sharing.

Thank you for posting these great pictures...nice to see the inside of places where Elvis performed.

Diane

I love him in Blue more - don't you guys? I love his blue outfits...

Thanks Jay for all the photo's. You can also purchase concert photo's at www.kinginconcert.com this is from Bob Heis who was a photographer for many years and went to alot of Elvis concerts.....

Thank you so much for sharing those pics with us, EP75 I was wondering if this was one of the bigger or one of the smaller arenas Elvis played in...I guess all the places he played at were very different from each other...
    I would have loved to see Elvis perform live....I was just born too late lol
    I guess it was amazing to see him in 1975...and I also love this jumpsuit he wore for that show

Rising Sun

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    I love him in Blue more - don't you guys? I love his blue outfits...

Thanks Jay for all the photo's. You can also purchase concert photo's at www.kinginconcert.com this is from Bob Heis who was a photographer for many years and went to alot of Elvis concerts.....
    hey guys, sorry, I didn't post the link right: www.thekinginconcert.com check it out!

TCB Mafia
    He looked good for being 40. Too bad he couldn't maintain. Very sad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast