Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: your wishes for graceland

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Thanks for your information Suzan...yes the picture on the right is the one that really threw me....similar colours to the jungle room but it was all wrong and I noticed the coffee table in there was wrong right off....Hillcrest home....that's the answer.

I think Priscilla probably re-decorated the house basically back to what it was but took a few things away (table decos and paintings etc.) and replaced them with what she felt was in better taste. I do like her taste though...classier that Linda's red for sure.

Just please don't anyone change that jungle room!! Don't know why I love that room since my taste runs to Country Victorian but there is just something about it the way the light comes through and looks downright safe and cozy.

Diane

Diane
    l agree diane
    can't say l' am a fan of the red.

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    l agree diane
    can't say l' am a fan of the red.
    I'm not a fan of the red either. Blue is more my color.
    However , if fans want it the same as 1977. Appears red was the color.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

The decor at Graceland should never have been touched from when Elvis died.

The "w h o r e house red" motif is what it was in 1977. Elvis agreed to Linda's redecorations.

The current decor is based on what Cilla wanted, not Elvis.

It is, in effect, a lie. None of the frippery (curtains, fabrics etc) are originals, only recreations of what Cilla could best recall from her time there.

(The swearing filter tried to change the "W" word ... but that is what it was called!)
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I'm not a fan of the red either. Blue is more my color.
    However , if fans want it the same as 1977. Appears red was the color.
    I like the blue alot better myself cameron

PMSL

I LOVE GETLO HE MAKES ME

HE HAS GOOD VIEWS TO PUT ACROSS BUT, LIKES TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION

NICE WORK AUSSEIE MAN
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

Quote Originally Posted by geordie View Post
    HE HAS GOOD VIEWS TO PUT ACROSS BUT, LIKES TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION
    If you actually knew me, you would know how unbelieveably inaccurate that statement is. It borders on funny. I post on here just like everybody else.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

MissyM
    I agree! It wasn't her home anymore!!!!!! Who cares if she thought it was gaudy as hell! And who cares if we even like. It was Elvis's taste too or he wouldn't have gone along with it. It should have stayed.

I agree that the home should be like it was when Elvis lived there.

But.....maybe she changed it back to when she lived there because that was when Elvis was a happy person in life.

Linda's my girl, I love her, she's from my school, hehe, but her taste wasn't all that great. Plus, she was a Tiger, she should've wanted to keep it blue mixed with grey.

It's possible that Elvis didn't really care what color the interior was.

Yall know he was out of it in those last couple of years to where he spent most of his time in his bedroom.

Maybe he didn't think much of it?

But the blue looks great when you walk through it. It's classy and catchy. The red would hurt my eyes, lol.

Nope, I'm still for the blue and I agree Linda had terrible taste. I'm glad Priscilla turned Graceland back similar to the way it was when she lived there as Elvis spent more years with that decor and it was his doing. I did read somewhere where Elvis wasn't too pleased coming back from a tour and finding the red but that's probably a rumor. He either agreed with Linda or he just didn't care anymore.

Diane

MissyM
    My mother-in-law redecorated her living room in red and gold. We called it early Las Vegas Hotel decor. Ok, you just had to be there and see it. We just chocked it up to the same phenomenom as when all the male cousins decided to dye their hair black. I'm chuckling just thinking about it.

Lol that's funny Missy....would have loved to have seen that. Actually red if used properly can be very rich looking, just not fuzzy and glittery.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by elvis himselvis View Post
    Do they also sleep at Graceland?
    That's what I'm wondering as well. Lisa said on Good Morning America back in August that she no longer stays at the house. So...where do they stay???

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post
    Cilla and LMP stay at the Peabody when they are in town.

They sometimes eat at Rendezvous as well.

Riley and Ben don't come as often as LMP, but they come now and then, always after hours and leave before sun rise.
    I have stayed at The Peabody, and yes, it's a nice place. I just can't imagine the point of celebrating Christmas in a hotel...

TCB Mafia
    quote Suzan

True and well documented in a few places. Lisa (& Pris when she'd go) used to stay upstairs til early 90's, while Aunt Delta was alive, but after Delta's passing they stay @ the Peabody, stating due to tours, etc...

end quote

Do you mean Pris still slept in Elvis his room when they were there????
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

Loving elvis
    Nancy Rooks said Lisa hasn't slept there after something scared her at graceland,so she stayed at her aunt pastys place everytime she was in Memphis visiting the family at graceland.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Thanks for your information Suzan...yes the picture on the right is the one that really threw me....similar colours to the jungle room but it was all wrong and I noticed the coffee table in there was wrong right off....Hillcrest home....that's the answer.

I think Priscilla probably re-decorated the house basically back to what it was but took a few things away (table decos and paintings etc.) and replaced them with what she felt was in better taste. I do like her taste though...classier that Linda's red for sure.

Just please don't anyone change that jungle room!! Don't know why I love that room since my taste runs to Country Victorian but there is just something about it the way the light comes through and looks downright safe and cozy.

Diane
    LOL true that Diane.
    And yeah Hillcrest home, not Graceland at all. Good eye!

P31....yes there were times that Lisa stayed @ Patsy's, but please read interviews w/both her and Cilla they stayed upstairs @ Graceland until the passing of aunt Delta.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    LOL true that Diane.
    And yeah Hillcrest home, not Graceland at all. Good eye!

P31....yes there were times that Lisa stayed @ Patsy's, but please read interviews w/both her and Cilla they stayed upstairs @ Graceland until the passing of aunt Delta.
    we all make mistakes on homes sometimes, oops

I haven't seen any interviews with lisa saying she sleeps at graceland, maybe you could post one.

I agree Getlo!
    Pris said they slept at Graceland, my apologies did I write Lisa? lol I've posted interviews dear.

MissyM
    Well Diane, the red was fuzzy so you can only imagine.

Don't want to

Diane

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast