Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78

Thread: your wishes for graceland

  1. #21
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    Well shoot, I did see her say this on the television interview Cprimm and forgot about it. What she is saying is that she re-decorated back to the original but there are people who say that isn't so that she decorated it only back to the blue.

    I sure would like to see old pictures of how it was to see how close she came.

    Diane

  2. #22
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Well shoot, I did see her say this on the television interview Cprimm and forgot about it. What she is saying is that she re-decorated back to the original but there are people who say that isn't so that she decorated it only back to the blue.

    I sure would like to see old pictures of how it was to see how close she came.

    Diane
    l will try to find some pics of graceland when priscilla first came.

  3. #23
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    Thanks so much Jen, I really would appreciate it. The way he wanted and had it is the way I want to see it.....forever.

    Diane

  4. #24
    TCB Mafia cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma ,USA
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    l will try to find some pics of graceland when priscilla first came.
    That would be great !!

    BTW: I stumbled on this looking for something else.
    http://www.elvisandhistory.com/

    It appears to be only about the Presley geneology , but I haven't read it all yet.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

  5. #25
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Thanks so much Jen, I really would appreciate it. The way he wanted and had it is the way I want to see it.....forever.

    Diane
    I found two but will post some more when l find them.
    The ones with gladys is black and white so l can't see the colour.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails christmas68.jpg   ElvisbythePresleys134.jpg  

  6. #26
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    one more l found
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Priscilla1963.jpg  

  7. #27
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    Thanks Jen, these pictures don't show the house as it is now.

    Diane

  8. #28
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Thanks Jen, these pictures don't show the house as it is now.

    Diane
    look behind linda's head the curtains are the same as when priscilla lived there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elvislinda.jpg  

  9. #29
    Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in the cold Kentucky rain
    Posts
    7,513
    I wish they would put everyone of Elvis' stage outfits he used on display at Graceland...instead of only putting out a selective few on display!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977


  10. #30
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    I see those curtains Jen. They are the same but the other pics you posted the furniture isn't even the same. Now I'm more curious that ever.

    Diane

  11. #31
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I see those curtains Jen. They are the same but the other pics you posted the furniture isn't even the same. Now I'm more curious that ever.

    Diane
    Me to diane, sorry there not the pics you wanted to see what l can't find the ones that were taken in the early 60's

  12. #32
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    I'm sorry Jen, my brain finally clicked in. All I have to do is go check the family section in the gallery and I'm sure there are plenty of photos there.

    Diane

  13. #33
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I'm sorry Jen, my brain finally clicked in. All I have to do is go check the family section in the gallery and I'm sure there are plenty of photos there.

    Diane
    Thats a good idea

  14. #34
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    Yup I was right Jen. Checked all through the family and 60's candids section and there are quite a few difference, pieces of furniture and where they were place, paintings on the walls and articles on the tables etc. Wonder where all that stuff went?

    Diane

  15. #35
    Cadillac King cprimm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Yup I was right Jen. Checked all through the family and 60's candids section and there are quite a few difference, pieces of furniture and where they were place, paintings on the walls and articles on the tables etc. Wonder where all that stuff went?

    Diane
    I have heard many times that Elvis was a pack rat and never got rid of anything unless he gave it away. I have heard also that there is a warehouse in Memphis stacked to the roof with things from the house, not fact, hearsay. Priscilla probably put what she thought would look best.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    I found two but will post some more when l find them.
    The ones with gladys is black and white so l can't see the colour.
    Picture on the right is NOT Graceland, it is the home on Hillcrest in Beverly Hills.

    Here are some more of Graceland... look closely at the sofa Elvis is sitting on, though it is the 15 ft. one the fabric and style is completely different...plus some photos from the 60's in EBTP shows that it is not restored to the original.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ELVIS_PRESLEY_2_1.jpg   Elvis_Presley_4_1.jpg   PDVD_2866.JPG  

    PDVD_2965.JPG  

  17. #37
    To me it's a mix of Elvis decor (as far as the dining room furniture) from the 70's and the living room the 15 ft. sofa and other 60's items, but again not all of them. The dining room def is not the 60's era.
    The sofa table lamps are from the 50's they are visible in the official portrait of Elvis w/his parents where he is in his army uniform. Also @ first when the Presley's lived in Graceland in the 50's it was painted a dark blue color, the wallpaper there now is from the 70's.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post
    Cilla and LMP stay at the Peabody when they are in town.

    They sometimes eat at Rendezvous as well.

    Riley and Ben don't come as often as LMP, but they come now and then, always after hours and leave before sun rise.
    True and well documented in a few places. Lisa (& Pris when she'd go) used to stay upstairs til early 90's, while Aunt Delta was alive, but after Delta's passing they stay @ the Peabody, stating due to tours, etc...but tours were going on when they did stay so...plus the rooms upstairs are now bare (from what I've been told), w/exception of Lisa's room (@ least couple years ago, don't know about now).
    In Elvis room all the remains is the furniture (no sheets, etc...) and in his office, an organ and some other items, one drape on a window, etc...rest is now on display.

  19. #39
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    True and well documented in a few places. Lisa (& Pris when she'd go) used to stay upstairs til early 90's, while Aunt Delta was alive, but after Delta's passing they stay @ the Peabody, stating due to tours, etc...but tours were going on when they did stay so...plus the rooms upstairs are now bare (from what I've been told), w/exception of Lisa's room (@ least couple years ago, don't know about now).
    In Elvis room all the remains is the furniture (no sheets, etc...) and in his office, an organ and some other items, one drape on a window, etc...rest is now on display.
    Its says different inside graceland, its been noted that Lisa didn't sleep at graceland, she stayed at pastys.

  20. #40
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    Thanks for your information Suzan...yes the picture on the right is the one that really threw me....similar colours to the jungle room but it was all wrong and I noticed the coffee table in there was wrong right off....Hillcrest home....that's the answer.

    I think Priscilla probably re-decorated the house basically back to what it was but took a few things away (table decos and paintings etc.) and replaced them with what she felt was in better taste. I do like her taste though...classier that Linda's red for sure.

    Just please don't anyone change that jungle room!! Don't know why I love that room since my taste runs to Country Victorian but there is just something about it the way the light comes through and looks downright safe and cozy.

    Diane
    Last edited by Diane; 11-08-2007 at 09:23 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Your three Elvis wishes
    By ilovelvis in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 10:14 AM
  2. Wishes for next RCA/BMG release
    By elvis1970nl in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 06:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •