Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Tupelo Home

  1. #1
    MissyM
    Guest

    Tupelo Home

    I don't know how to put pix in the gallery so I thought I'd just link it here. I took this when visiting family in Tupelo. Some of Elvis's cousins still live right down the street from the home. Can you believe that. When I went to visit them, I didn't even know this!! Anyway, in case some of you have never seen it, here it is.

    http://i16.tinypic.com/67n828w.jpg

  2. #2
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    seen this, but thanks for sharing.

  3. #3
    ksimms2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    2,408
    Thanks Missy...must have seemed strange to visit relatives and then see this house turned into a shrine?

  4. #4
    MissyM
    Guest
    It was, I tell ya! My brother-in-law has a pix of E., my in-laws- and him on a bench (which you can't see-it would be to the right) But that pix is stored under lock and key! Hmm, I wonder what he would want for a copy of it!!!! LOL My MIL left it for him when she died. My father-in-law had the negative, but he died. I don't even know where that is???

  5. #5
    ksimms2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    2,408
    they need to come off that stuff! keeping it hidden is no way for the world to enjoy it....like you said - they can keep the original and let you make copies or something....

  6. #6
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    who has it under lock and key??

  7. #7
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,212
    would be great to see indeed.
    MissyM do you happen to know the house in Tupelo is the real one or a replica.
    I've always been told it is the real one but it has been restored completely (embellished) and also removed
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

  8. #8
    I Dreamed a Dream Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    17,834

    Smile

    Great photo MissyM To post in the Gallery section, click on upload, then browse, choose a catagory, you should be able to load from there

    Anytime you need any help please let me know.

    Thanks for sharing the photo

    Tommy

    I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

  9. #9
    MissyM
    Guest
    My brother-in-law has possession of the pix. I think Elvis was about maybe 15 or 16 when it was taken. It's been about 8 years since I've seen it. Yeh that is the original house restored. See if I got the pix I could do a comparison!!! I agree he should let loose of it. He's not a big fan anyway. So why he hoards it, don't know.

    Whho Hoo - I did it Tommy thanks for the help!
    Last edited by MissyM; 11-06-2007 at 09:57 AM.

  10. #10
    I Dreamed a Dream Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    17,834
    Good for you! You're welcome MissyM, anytime

    I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

  11. #11

    re

    Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    My brother-in-law has possession of the pix. I think Elvis was about maybe 15 or 16 when it was taken. It's been about 8 years since I've seen it. Yeh that is the original house restored. See if I got the pix I could do a comparison!!! I agree he should let loose of it. He's not a big fan anyway. So why he hoards it, don't know.

    Whho Hoo - I did it Tommy thanks for the help!
    So it's not a replica....?????
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

  12. #12
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    I don't know how to put pix in the gallery so I thought I'd just link it here. I took this when visiting family in Tupelo. Some of Elvis's cousins still live right down the street from the home. Can you believe that. When I went to visit them, I didn't even know this!! Anyway, in case some of you have never seen it, here it is.

    http://i16.tinypic.com/67n828w.jpg
    Thanks for sharing Missy! I was there in 1972 and have pictures that we made of it then. I must say...it looks alot better than it did in 72 Nice landscaping!!!

  13. #13
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    they need to come off that stuff! keeping it hidden is no way for the world to enjoy it....like you said - they can keep the original and let you make copies or something....
    I agree !! Good gosh...these days you can take the picture itself to Wal-Mart and have copies made in different sizes.

  14. #14
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I agree !! Good gosh...these days you can take the picture itself to Wal-Mart and have copies made in different sizes.
    I would like to see the pic myself

  15. #15
    MissyM
    Guest
    It is really cool. Elvis looks so cute! Not quite handsome yet. Not even famous. Maybe BIL is thinking it is just so special to him. Not sure he understand how the fans would love it. Maybe I can convince him. Then maybe he thinks it is worth money. I don't know. Never asked.

Similar Threads

  1. CD/DVD of Tupelo 1956?
    By Rover in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-28-2007, 12:04 PM
  2. Greetings From Tupelo
    By Gerianne in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 04:22 PM
  3. About the Tupelo House
    By Gerianne in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 10:36 AM
  4. Memphis or Tupelo?
    By EP4MEUK in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 12:28 AM
  5. is this the tupelo fair
    By kevis in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 10:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •