Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garth Brooks Outsells Elvis In The U.s.a.

TCB Mafia

Garth Brooks Outsells Elvis In The U.s.a.

Garth Brooks has once again become the greatest selling solo artist in U.S.A. history with over 123 million albums sold. A very sad situation and one that Sony BMG do not appear to wish to do anything about.

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Quinn; 11-06-2007 at 04:59 AM.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    And you can all point the blame at those dumb people at Song/BMG. They said there not going to spend anymore money in researching Elvis' albums sold.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Its really not a big deal though. I don't really consider it much of a loss or statement that Elvis has lost it because Garth Brooks has a new hit CD set. He's still alive, he's still producing new product . Elvis is pretty much stalled out in that department. Considering that he hasn't cut a new tune in 30 years,Elvis is doing pretty darn well. Elvis made 49 million bucks last year and had two Itunes hits with videos with Lisa and Celine Dion . Sooner or later someone was going to pass him up.

The real test will be if after years down the line when Garth Brooks has been dead and gone for 30 years if he'll still be raking in 49 million bucks, and have 40 - 50 thousand people showing up at his old house for his Birthday, and Death anniversary .

JD

Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    Its really not a big deal though. I don't really consider it much of a loss or statement that Elvis has lost it because Garth Brooks has a new hit CD set. He's still alive, he's still producing new product . Elvis is pretty much stalled out in that department. Considering that he hasn't cut a new tune in 30 years,Elvis is doing pretty darn well. Elvis made 49 million bucks last year and had two Itunes hits with videos with Lisa and Celine Dion . Sooner or later someone was going to pass him up.

The real test will be if after years down the line when Garth Brooks has been dead and gone for 30 years if he'll still be raking in 49 million bucks, and have 40 - 50 thousand people showing up at his old house for his Birthday, and Death anniversary .

JD
    true its normal elvis is not alive no new cd's ..things have slowed down plenty..but overall what counts the most more than any record sales record is talent..onstage elvis was the best king the greatest entertainer the world has ever seen

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Agreed epmoodyblue!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    Garth Brooks has once again become the greatest selling solo artist in U.S.A. history with over 123 albums sold. A very sad situation and one that Sony BMG do not appear to wish to do anything about.

Brian
    How many albums has Elvis sold to date?

I'm sure Elvis will beat Garth Brooks!

franny
    Last edited by franny; 11-05-2007 at 06:38 PM.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    Garth Brooks has once again become the greatest selling solo artist in U.S.A. history with over 123 albums sold. A very sad situation and one that Sony BMG do not appear to wish to do anything about.

Brian
    Doesn't matter what the official word is, we all know the truth. Even Garth admits that Elvis album sales FAR exceed his own.

Garth only sold 123 albums ???

I thought he is credited for selling 123 "Million" albums/cd's ???

On a more serious note, Each sale of a double CD counts as two for the RIAA tally.

But most of Elvis' double albums only count as one.

Why ?

Because they are too short ! Less than the required playing time of 100 minutes !

The RIAA decided the minimum times based on what can go on a CD, and not a vinyl album !

Daft, and ultimate disgrace, I call it .........................

And another thing, Elvis still isn't to far behind Garth.

Garth Brooks 123m
    Elvis Presley 119.5m

Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post

JD
    I agree with everything you have said above... I use to be a big Garth fan but he has left his fans many times to pursue other things in his life. I already lost much respect for him. He will never be remember 30 years after his death or even come close to the legacy or fan base that Elvis has. Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Garth has sold more records than Elvis, folks.

You just have to accept that fact.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Garth may have sold more than Elvis but in terms of popularity.I dont think Elvis would loose.
    and as previously stated.he is alive and our hero is not.hope to still be around when it reaches Garths 30 th anniversary of his passing and see who is tops then..
    Rosanne 4/27/59-7/22/09 Rest in Peace

http://malc07.tripod.com

My Radio shows every Thursday and Sunday at 7pm UK time

I think that if Elvis was alive and still producing albums there would be no contest at all. I've never been a fan of Garth's.

Diane

Loving elvis
    l like some of garths songs and have some of his albums.

I honestly don't know why fans care about such a thing.

Elvis has been dead for over 30 years, and no reasonable person can expect his records to stand forever.

Shirley Bassey has now sold more records than Elvis in the UK, that's a fact.

Garth Brooks has now sold more than Elvis in the US, and around the world. (Why, I don't know ... the only good thing about him is is hot wife!)

The Beatles sold more than Elvis, by far, and Elvis' figures have been trailing them for years. (And the argument about them being four people against Elvis being one is pointless ... music fans want the music and the albums themselves. The number of people making that music and those albums is irrelevant).

Records are made to be broken. Someone will one day top Brooks' record, then someone else will top that again.

And one day ... believe it or not ... long after we've all gone from this earth and turned to dust ... Elvis' record sales will dwindle to virtually nothing.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

This stat is a crock, BMG knows it, Garth knows it, the record industry knows it. Christ, the week EP died, he sold over a 100 million albums alone! Nobody has outsold Elvis, Beatles included. Getlo, Garth isn't a factor anywhere in the world, but the U.S., so no, he hasn't outsold Elvis around the world, not even frickin close.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    I honestly don't know why fans care about such a thing.

Elvis has been dead for over 30 years, and no reasonable person can expect his records to stand forever.

Shirley Bassey has now sold more records than Elvis in the UK, that's a fact.

Garth Brooks has now sold more than Elvis in the US, and around the world. (Why, I don't know ... the only good thing about him is is hot wife!)

The Beatles sold more than Elvis, by far, and Elvis' figures have been trailing them for years. (And the argument about them being four people against Elvis being one is pointless ... music fans want the music and the albums themselves. The number of people making that music and those albums is irrelevant).

Records are made to be broken. Someone will one day top Brooks' record, then someone else will top that again.

And one day ... believe it or not ... long after we've all gone from this earth and turned to dust ... Elvis' record sales will dwindle to virtually nothing.
    In time it will be proven that Elvis has sold more than any other music act, solo or group. As far as Shirley Bassey selling more records than Elvis in the UK this is absolute nonsense. She is not even in the Top 20.

Brian

TCB Mafia
    To add insult to injury:

If all goes Jay-Z's way, the rap mogul will tie rock legend Elvis for the most number one albums in history, a feat that depends on the success of the rapper's American Gangster album.

Jay-Z, born Shawn Carter, landed his ninth number one album last year with Kingdom Come, which sold about 680,000 in its first week, the rapper's best to date.

The Kingdom Come album put Jay-Z in a tie with another iconic rock act, The Rolling Stones, who have landed number nine number one albums throughout their 40-year career.

If Jay-Z's American Gangster sells well, only The Beatles would have offered the music world more number one albums, with an incredible 19.

Doesn't get my knickers in a wad, really.
    I don't think Elvis would really be upset either.
    Garth is talented; I have been to a concert and really enjoyed it.

However, like Diane said, if Elvis were still alive & making records, I don't think anyone else would have a chance!
    "...You never stood in that man's shoes, or saw things through his eyes, or stood and watched with helpless hands, while the heart inside you dies. So help your brother along the way, no matter where he starts. For the same God that made you made him too...these men with broken hearts." Hank Williams, Sr, as quoted by

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast