Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: numerology

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

numerology

The rumors of reasons for why Elvis wore the Mexican Sundial jumpsuite so often in 1977 is sometimes linked to numerology. Some say it has something to do with that.

Does anyone have any more information about this, i'm very curious?

TCB Brad!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

No, but I've read that Elvis was interested in numerology. Priscilla did mention that in her book.

Diane

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Thank you for the reply Diane

I recall reading somewhere that the Sundial symbol on the suite was in some way related to numerology..I don't know much about this topic though
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

I read that somewhere too but if you're going to start looking for stuff to match dates and events, you're probably run into something.

That might be case cause when I read that, the only jumpsuit he could fit in was the sundial from 1974 (3buttons on sleeves), why would he have that it made again in 1977 (2 buttons on sleeves)?

perhaps to promote the CBS Special but rumor had it that, they were going to re-tape it on the next tour. Also that, his last show was tapped as well for CBS.

I found this weird website the other day, take what you want, and leave the rest...http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/
    they mention a jumpsuit with a sun on this page:
    http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/si.../mystical.html
    But I'm not sure if this is the same one you're refering to?

Thanks Rover for posting the link. Yes, sure is a strange site

I think the design on the Sundial jumpsuit is supposed to represent an Aztec design and their designs did have meanings in them but this was simply designed by Bill Belew or the other designer who's name escapes me, and he probably would not know what it's meaning was if it was a copy of a genuine Aztec design.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Diane

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoElvis View Post
    That might be case cause when I read that, the only jumpsuit he could fit in was the sundial from 1974 (3buttons on sleeves), why would he have that it made again in 1977 (2 buttons on sleeves)?
    This is just not true! Elvis could have fitted into the "Chief" aka "Indian Feather" also the "Arabian" aka "King of Spades" and several of the Jumpsuits he wore in 1976...... The story of the Mexican Sundial and the cuff buttons is well known, they came off because the suit had be worn so often! It has been confirmed from Gene Doucette and Bill Belew that there was only one version of this suit.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    This is just not true! Elvis could have fitted into the "Chief" aka "Indian Feather" also the "Arabian" aka "King of Spades" and several of the Jumpsuits he wore in 1976...... The story of the Mexican Sundial and the cuff buttons is well known, they came off because the suit had be worn so often! It has been confirmed from Gene Doucette and Bill Belew that there was only one version of this suit.

Hi JJ,

Do you have any jumpsuits (reproduction, or the like), yourself? If you don't mind me asking (sorry off topic, but heh, lol, that's life, hehe) what started your fascination with the Jumpsuits?

Kim

That Aztac design Sundial jumpsuit was said to work out to the month, day and year that he died.
    I asked someone about that a long time ago. Since he nor I knew much about numerology , I never did find out.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Hi JJ,

Do you have any jumpsuits (reproduction, or the like), yourself? If you don't mind me asking (sorry off topic, but heh, lol, that's life, hehe) what started your fascination with the Jumpsuits?

Kim
    My fascination of the Jumpsuit started back in 1977, sadly it was the death of Elvis that triggered a lifelong interest, I was eight years old and wanted to know why there was all this fuss over some guy in America?

It's hard to believe now, but there were very few pictures around back in the 80's & early 90's unless you were an avid collector. The advent of the Internet has been a revelation for the jumpsuit fan! I have only been collecting pictures seriously for 10 years and have approx 15,000 concert photo's and I would say that only 20% of these are on the web. I have studied these photo's very closely and find all facets interesting, Elvis being the main factor........

I haven't got any kind of Jumpsuit, there is only one man who could carry this off

My bad Jumpsuit Junkie, I just heard that somewhere, guess my source was wrong. What you said makes a lot more sense.

My bad Jumpsuit Junkie, I just heard that somewhere, guess my source was wrong. What you said makes a lot more sense.
    No worries friend, there are a lot of common misconceptions, especially around Jumpsuits.

I've heard that same rumor Cameron that the Aztec design depicted Elvis' month, day and year that he died but I'm not inclined to believe it....could be wrong........Matt?? Leroy??

Diane

I don't pay much attention to numerology either.
    But, I've never really studied it in depth.
    I sure don't know anything about the Aztec calendar.
    Someone was going to send that design off to a Professor, but I never heard if he answered or not.
    Appears to be more than I'm prepared to study to find out.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I've heard that same rumor Cameron that the Aztec design depicted Elvis' month, day and year that he died but I'm not inclined to believe it....could be wrong........Matt?? Leroy??

Diane
    Hi Diane,

This is from another thread so is a little out of context, but I believe it covers this topic well, and as you know Leroy is a very insightful and resourceful person: -

Leroy Commented

"But I strongly believe the reason for wearing the "Mexican Sundial" over and over again was because he was saying goodbye. If you examine the Aztec Calender stone on the front and back of the suit it says 16-8 all over."

Jumpsuit Junkie Commented:-

"There has to be a really good reason why Elvis wore the Mexican Sundial as much as he did, perhaps as Leroy has said there is some link as to why he did so. I am certain that the guys around Elvis would have given more than the one option to Elvis if it was available. The trend for new Jumpsuits (excluding Two Piece Suits) had slowed from it's peak in 1973 of 17 new designs to just 2 Jumpsuit in 1976! So the Jumpsuits that Elvis wore were going to feal the wear and tear.

Jumpsuit Breakdown:-

1970 - 13 New designs
    1971 - 13 New designs
    1972 - 14 New designs - 7 Two piece suits
    1973 - 17 New designs
    1974 - 10 New designs - 3 Two piece suits
    1975 - 08 New designs - 7 Two piece suits
    1976 - 02 New designs
    1977 - 01 New design - (Unworn)

The list above does not cover some of the one day only jumpsuits possibly worn in Vegas or take into account of the fact there were multiple versions of the same suit!

Leroy has named some Jumpsuits that Elvis could have worn but the list could easily be extended..... for instance the Silver/White and Red Bird suits along with the Rainfall or the Egyptian Bird suits.

It was not uncommon for Elvis to wear a Jumpsuit many times for instance Elvis wore the Blue Egyptian bird at least 30 times in 1976 and the White Egyptian Bird at least 34 times in 1976. The Mexican sundial was worn at least 39 times in 1977, when you put it into this context, yes it was worn a lot but........ so were others in 1976-77.

Matt

Just a simple equation, in 1977 Elvis did 55 shows and wore the Mexican Sundial 39 times, that equals 70.9% "

Leroy Commented:-

"Depression could have very well contributed to the routine of wearing the same clothes night after night. But, Elvis wasn't in a constant state of depression. Most of the time he was feeling up, joking with his surroundings. Although in 1977 the upcoming book of the West/Hebler gang must have layed heavy on his mind.

1976 was another story. In the first few months he brought in a little variety by wearing the 1975 "Silver Phoenix", the 1975 "Rainfall", the 1975 "V-neck" and the 1975 "Chicken Bone". But it was also American's Bicentennial year and by crossing the nation with almost only one night stands he had good reasons for wearing the "Egyptian Birds" for they were specially designed for this occasion. And....we see the photo's of Elvis wearing the same suits but a lot of people who attended the concerts in those days were not aware of that. Many of them saw these costumes for the very first time........."

and also:-

I have found the picture I was talking about. Just count the patters on the rings I have pointed out with arrows. In a way I hoped to find some clues with the numbers 1977 or 42 but I don't believe they are there.

Hope this helps

Original thread here

International Level
    I read that somewhere too but if you're going to start looking for stuff to match dates and events, you're probably run into something.

perhaps to promote the CBS Special but rumor had it that, they were going to re-tape it on the next tour. Also that, his last show was tapped as well for CBS.

His last show WAS NOT taped for CBS.

There were NO plans to re-tape the CBS Special.

The yellow arrow points to 8 patterns; the red and blue has 16 each.

That explains the 8/16 part , I guess. Evidently, one would have to be a student of numerology to "get it."
    Still don't understand ; but thank you much.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryx View Post
    His last show WAS NOT taped for CBS.

There were NO plans to re-tape the CBS Special.
    Exactly.

And numerology shmumerology!

Saying goodbye with using the Sundial suit?

Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Exactly.

And numerology shmumerology!

Saying goodbye with using the Sundial suit?

Farcical to say the least.

I bet some people could find anything that they want in that suit!

If he had died on the 24th of some month they would simply add the 8 and the 16 they have already found!

What rubbish!!!

And what they are doing in picking things from the suit isn't numerology in it's true form....it's a la carte numerology!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stryx View Post
    Farcical to say the least. I bet some people could find anything that they want in that suit!
    Yeah, and what about the "spooky" co-incidence about the date of death ...

16 (day) + 8 (month) + 1977 (year) = 2001 (concert entrance theme)

There are people who believe this is something significant, and which "proves" he's alive!

It takes all kinds I suppose ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast