Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo after the lost of Gladys

Photo after the lost of Gladys

The Presleys were private,and that's normal for such a star,but what I don't get is why did Elvis and Vernon let themself photographed while they where crying about the lost of Gladys...????
    It don't look like it's taken without knowing ,so does anybody know more info about that picture of Elvis and Vernon crying..?
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

I don't think he was all that private to be honest with you. He had 10 - 15 people living with him at all times. He always seemed to need people around him.

I don't know anymore about those pictures. Just seems the reporters, etc. tried to catch every facet of a stars life...
    To me, that would be strictly "off limits."
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

SleepyJack
    I`ll never understand why the media can`t just leave people alone at times like that....or maybe it just seems worse to ordinary people beacause we don`t have it around us all the time.....The photos are heartbreaking.

Yes the photos are heartbreaking but the media is heartless.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Yes the photos are heartbreaking but the media is heartless.

Diane
    I agree

Loving elvis

This picture is so heartbreaking to see elvis and vernon look so lost and upset.

I remember reading (or was it watching?) the photographer talking about this famous shot of Vernon comforting Elvis.

As I recall - and my memory may be hazy here - the snapper was invited onto the grounds of Graceland (this is definite) , and that Vernon gave his permission for it to be published (this may be my memory playing tricks on me).

But I cannot for the life of me remember the snapper's name ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

SleepyJack
    I think that right there was one of the most life-altering moments of his entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis himselvis View Post
    The Presleys were private,and that's normal for such a star,but what I don't get is why did Elvis and Vernon let themself photographed while they where crying about the lost of Gladys...????
    It don't look like it's taken without knowing ,so does anybody know more info about that picture of Elvis and Vernon crying..?
    In the early years, the Presley family were in a state of poverty, & they kept to themselves. I wouldn't classify it as private as much as I would state proud. They did not want to be pitied or singled out. They did have to ask for assistance, but so did a lot of people, a lot of their friends, neighbors and family.
    In his very large photo book, Alfred Wertheimer states (and I'm paraphrasing here) that he literally followed Elvis everywhere - even into his washroom, and although Elvis gave him a questioning look -almost as if to say, "why are you following me in here?" - Elvis did not tell him to back off.
    We are always reading about how fans crowded around his home and that Gladys brought them drinks and snacks, but she never told them to - well - "get the H*** off my property!" I think maybe photographers simply took for granted that it could be done (taking these very invasive photos) because it had always before been done. I think if anyone could have made the paparazzi back off, it would have been Elvis, because he had always been very generous and giving of himself and his time with fans.

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    I remember reading (or was it watching?) the photographer talking about this famous shot of Vernon comforting Elvis.

As I recall - and my memory may be hazy here - the snapper was invited onto the grounds of Graceland (this is definite) , and that Vernon gave his permission for it to be published (this may be my memory playing tricks on me).

But I cannot for the life of me remember the snapper's name ...

Jim Reid

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Very sad to look at that photo indeed. Can't imagine the heartbreak that was too Elvis and Vernon also..
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Unhappy This Was An Sad Time For Elvis An His Dad.

so Sad............................................... ...

Look at ELVIS' eyes...as much as they look sad...they look lost.

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

So sad picture!
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

re

Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    In the early years, the Presley family were in a state of poverty, & they kept to themselves. I wouldn't classify it as private as much as I would state proud. They did not want to be pitied or singled out. They did have to ask for assistance, but so did a lot of people, a lot of their friends, neighbors and family.
    In his very large photo book, Alfred Wertheimer states (and I'm paraphrasing here) that he literally followed Elvis everywhere - even into his washroom, and although Elvis gave him a questioning look -almost as if to say, "why are you following me in here?" - Elvis did not tell him to back off.
    We are always reading about how fans crowded around his home and that Gladys brought them drinks and snacks, but she never told them to - well - "get the H*** off my property!" I think maybe photographers simply took for granted that it could be done (taking these very invasive photos) because it had always before been done. I think if anyone could have made the paparazzi back off, it would have been Elvis, because he had always been very generous and giving of himself and his time with fans.

Yeah maybe you're right...but I can't imagine you will allow someone to take a photo of you while you're mom just died...I find it a kind of strange...but that's my opinion.
    Memphis,Tennessee

re

Was this picture taken on the front steps of Graceland?
    Memphis,Tennessee

How upsetting for him.

Sad pictures..

Coming On Strong
    Very sad, for them both

In a way I have to agree with Lisarose. The Presleys always had tons of people around and Elvis while young learned to express his feelings openly. It wasn't until later that he started to pay attention to his "image" and kept personal things from the public.

Yes Elvishimself, I believe that photo was taken on the front steps of Graceland.

Diane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast