Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Did Elvis lost weight after his final concert in Indianapolis?

Did Elvis lost weight after his final concert in Indianapolis?

I heard somewhere that Elvis had lost weight,and was looking slimmer in August of 1977...was this true???Did he really lost weight in July and August of 1977???On pictures who were taken in his last days and most of all in his last photo he looked slimmer...somebody have more info for me?
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

Cool

He seemed to look really great from what I can see!

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    I doubt it. Seriously. From everything I've read and heard from fellow fans he spent almost all over July upstairs at Graceland.

Also in one of my books, may have been Elvis The Final Years..it describes a scene sometime in August..him and Ginger were lyin' on the bed and were talking and Elvis put his hand over his midsection and said something to the effect of "the boys outta shape".
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

yes elvis did lose some weight by looking at some of the last pics taken of him llike the pic taken of him august 12-77 elvis looks slimmer

I do not know what photo's you are referring to.

Could you please share them with us?
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by BradM View Post
    I do not know what photo's you are referring to.

Could you please share them with us?
    well i cant find the pic right now..but i have seen the pic in the gallery.im sure someone will post it..well its not a head to toe pic but we see elvis in his car driving the cadillac entering graceland gates with glasses on waving to the fans..taken on august 12 1977 he does look like he lost weight in that pic he looks good

How can you say he's lost weight when looking at a photo when he is sitting in a car? Sure he look's good in the face but thats all you can see.

Quote Originally Posted by epmoodyblue View Post
    well i cant find the pic right now..but i have seen the pic in the gallery.im sure someone will post it..well its not a head to toe pic but we see elvis in his car driving the cadillac entering graceland gates with glasses on waving to the fans..taken on august 12 1977 he does look like he lost weight in that pic he looks good

That pic is from the early morning hours of 8/16/77....not 8/12/77.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    That pic is from the early morning hours of 8/16/77....not 8/12/77.
    no your wrong pic was taken august 12 -77 by shanty parrish she snaped the pic and i bought the pic from her and i have her story about the pic she took on august 12 77 i will post it later ..its titled elvis 4 days before his death written in fall of 78
    Last edited by epmoodyblue; 11-01-2007 at 06:51 PM.

yes elvis did lose some weight by looking at some of the last pics taken of him llike the pic taken of him august 12-77 elvis looks slimmer
    What photo? 4 days before he died?

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    yes like i mentioned in my post shanty was in memphis on august 12 -77 and she took the pic and had it for sale in 78 i bought it from her..she was from ohio and in amagazine which i have in 78 she posted the pic of elvis with the story about her trip and pic she took

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing...I'd like to see this pic...the only one I'm familiar with is the one from the early morning hours of 8/16/77.

If this is the photo you're referring to, epmodyblue, then your information is wrong.

This was indeed taken in the early morning of August 16, and is the last pic of Elvis taken alive (okay, the second-last as there's another one taken a few seconds later but he is obscured).

As for losing weight in June-August, many books suggest he was back to his '75 weight. Which may be true, and would still account for Elvis believing he was still too heavy.

Judging by this pic, however, you can't tell anything ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails final.jpg  
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I've seen a photo of Elvis riding one of his motorbikes on August 14 1977 returning to Graceland after leaving flowers for Gladys at forrest hill cemetery.And he looked slimmer in that photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing...I'd like to see this pic...the only one I'm familiar with is the one from the early morning hours of 8/16/77.
    the pic was taken august 12 -i just bought it from her in 78 she was selling it in various sizes for only 5 dollars back in 78..its prob the same one your talking about lisa ginger are in front seat many believe it was taken on the 16 th but it wasint trust me the date is correct later i will post her story about the pic

the pic was taken august 12 -i just bought it from her she was selling it in various sizes for only 5 dollars back in 78..its prob the same one your talking about lisa ginger are in front seat many believe it was taken on the 16 th but it wasint trust me the date is correct later i will post her story about the pic
    I know the one you're talking about.It's on the back page of the walk a mile in my shoes boxset booklet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1 View Post
    I know the one you're talking about.It's on the back page of the walk a mile in my shoes boxset booklet.
    sorry i dont have ascanner to show you the pic but shanty should know*lol* she was there on august 12 th so there is no doubt about it and the story is quite nice

Elvis went on one his crazy fasting diets only one week before the tour was about to start. That's one of the reasons why the drugs caused his death. The drugs had no place to go, his colon was all chalky and stopped up from the downers.
    So no matter what Elvis wore outside of his jumpsuits, he didn't look that bad. He just looked like a slightly overweight man. That sundial suit really made him look worst than he was. Look at the footage of him stepping off the plane before his last show. He looked great. Eventhough I'm a big fan of the sundial suit, I don't think it was the best choice for that time.

Quote Originally Posted by MojoElvis View Post
    Elvis went on one his crazy fasting diets only one week before the tour was about to start. That's one of the reasons why the drugs caused his death. The drugs had no place to go, his colon was all chalky and stopped up from the downers.
    So no matter what Elvis wore outside of his jumpsuits, he didn't look that bad. He just looked like a slightly overweight man. That sundial suit really made him look worst than he was. Look at the footage of him stepping off the plane before his last show. He looked great. Eventhough I'm a big fan of the sundial suit, I don't think it was the best choice for that time.
    i see..well its your opinion actually i think the sundial is one of elvis most beautiful jumpsuits elvis was beautiful even in 77 ..i think he should of used 2 piece outfits for all of his 77 tours he would of looked great in those 2 piece suits.he should of used a 2 piece jacket suit like he did in april -may 75 tour for his 77 special

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1 View Post
    Yes, that pic looks similar to the ones from August 16th.

But Elvis' jacket is different, so maybe it was taken on the 12th if that woman's story if true and the photos are the same ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast