Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: elvis and his family

Yeah, i think Priscilla. You see, she has a lot to do with the Presley estate, and she involves who she wants.

But on one bio i watched, one of Elvis' other cousins were on there, forget her name, but yeah, she is real southern and she sings !

Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    Yeah, i think Priscilla. You see, she has a lot to do with the Presley estate, and she involves who she wants.

But on one bio i watched, one of Elvis' other cousins were on there, forget her name, but yeah, she is real southern and she sings !
    LOL your speaking of Donna Early, yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    LOL your speaking of Donna Early, yikes!

I'd love to know how Donna Presley Early is/was a cousin to Elvis......

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I'd love to know how Donna Presley Early is/was a cousin to Elvis......

Hi Tony!

I don't think she was ever a Presley, she put that in there so she could bilk the fans of money.
    Her mother Nash was Vernon's sister.

Nash Pritchett she is the one Elvis gave the Gold piano to, and in the documentary for Showtime "Elvis Presley's Graceland, hosted by Priscilla Presley" in 1985, she was interviewed about that in the pasture of Graceland, I guess she was a pastor or something, in a church and Elvis gave her the piano.
    Last I heard, Donna and her husband Buddy were arrested for all sorts of crimes.

Elvis should have been specific in his instructions, as to whom was to be in charge and what was to happen should his father not be able to oversee Lisa's inheritance, in case he did not make it (Vernon) to the time Lisa was 25, but like someone said, I don't think Elvis thought seriously, that he would die. And if he did then maybe he thought his dad would do the right thing and didn't even enter his mind that Vernon would leave Pris in charge.
    Elvis had his choice made but Vernon though Priscilla would do it better or whatever I think, for the sake of Lisa.
    Read this...

HTML Code:
                             Item XI

Executor and Trustee

I appoint as executor of this, my last will and testament, and
    as Trustee of every trust required to be created hereunder, my
    said father.

I hereby direct that my said father shall be entitled by his
    last will ant testament, duly probated, to appoint a successor
    Executor of my estate, as well as a successor Trustee or
    successor Trustees of all the trusts to be created under my last
    will and testament.

[B]If, for any reason, my said father be unable to serve or to
    continue to serve as Executor and/or as Trustee, or if he be
    deceased and shall not have appointed a successor Executor or
    Trustee, by virtue of his last will and testament as stated
    -above, then I appoint National Bank of Commerce, Memphis,
    Tennessee, or its successor or the institution with which it may
    merge, as successor Executor and/or as successor Trustee of all
    trusts required to be established hereunder.[/B]

None of the appointees named hereunder,including any appointment
    made by virtue of the last will and testament of my said father,
    shall be required to furnish any bond or security for
    performance of the respective fiduciary duties required
    hereunder, notwithstanding any rule of law to the contrary.
    That shows that Priscilla didnīt even cross Elvis mind to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Elvis had his choice made but Vernon though Priscilla would do it better or whatever I think, for the sake of Lisa.
    Read this...

HTML Code:
                             Item XI

Executor and Trustee

I appoint as executor of this, my last will and testament, and
    as Trustee of every trust required to be created hereunder, my
    said father.

I hereby direct that my said father shall be entitled by his
    last will ant testament, duly probated, to appoint a successor
    Executor of my estate, as well as a successor Trustee or
    successor Trustees of all the trusts to be created under my last
    will and testament.

[B]If, for any reason, my said father be unable to serve or to
    continue to serve as Executor and/or as Trustee, or if he be
    deceased and shall not have appointed a successor Executor or
    Trustee, by virtue of his last will and testament as stated
    -above, then I appoint National Bank of Commerce, Memphis,
    Tennessee, or its successor or the institution with which it may
    merge, as successor Executor and/or as successor Trustee of all
    trusts required to be established hereunder.[/B]

None of the appointees named hereunder,including any appointment
    made by virtue of the last will and testament of my said father,
    shall be required to furnish any bond or security for
    performance of the respective fiduciary duties required
    hereunder, notwithstanding any rule of law to the contrary.
    That shows that Priscilla didnīt even cross Elvis mind to do that.
    Thanks! I'd forgotten about that part! Totally slipped my mind.
    And you are correct Pris didn't even enter his mind, so why Vernon chose to go that route I don't know, he should have left it as the second paragraph, though maybe like you said, he felt she would be the best for it as she was Lisa's mom.
    I wonder why Elvis didn't think of Pris?
    I read in Child Bride that Pris really worked on Vernon to get that post and that she made some rather rude and mean comments about him to her friends and family prior to his death.

Thanks! I'd forgotten about that part! Totally slipped my mind.
    And you are correct Pris didn't even enter his mind, so why Vernon chose to go that route I don't know, he should have left it as the second paragraph, though maybe like you said, he felt she would be the best for it as she was Lisa's mom.
    I wonder why Elvis didn't think of Pris?
    I read in Child Bride that Pris really worked on Vernon to get that post and that she made some rather rude and mean comments about him to her friends and family prior to his death.
    Maybe because the MM are right and Priscilla has exagerated his place in Elvisī life and heart after she left.

TCB Mafia
    quote Donut
    she made some rather rude and mean comments about him to her friends and family prior to his death.

end quote

what did she say??
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Don't know, I've asked that same question on here also......would love to know the answer to that one. From Missy we know Lisa has nothing to do with the Smith side of the family (Gladys side) which suprises me. But then again, Lisa never knew her grandmother -however she did know her Uncle Billy and family.
    LOL...I wondered if I was the only one that ever thought about that!!

Quote Originally Posted by riley View Post
    quote Donut
    she made some rather rude and mean comments about him to her friends and family prior to his death.

end quote

what did she say??
    It was Suzan who said that Riley.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyJack View Post
    I hadn`t really thought much about this until I came across the piece in the first magazine of the D`Agostini series.....interesting piece about "Doll" Smith..Gladys` mother..very sad....strange that with the millions of pages written on Elvis that so little is written about the lesser-known family members....
    What does it say about "Doll"? We hear so little about that side

MissyM
    I don't know the Presley's side well. But there are plenty of them and then there are tons of second cousins. The Smith side is this. Gladys's two brothers were Travis and Johnny Smith. They married two sisters (those sisters are my MIL's sisters-maiden name Ivy-mother and father Thelma and Ira Ivy) Travis married Lorraine and Johnny married Lois. Travis and Loainne had Billy and Bobby. Bobby committed suicide by rat poison. Lois has Jackie, Nickie, Janet, Brenda and Tony.)all still living)So all of Lorraines and Lois's children are my husband's cousins. Travis died. Lorraine died in 88 (Lisa did not attend her funeral or nothing) My MIL died in 98. Lorraine was 14 and Lois 15 (I think) went they married into the Smith family. Lois divorced Johnny. Elvis wasn't as close to Lois's kids as he was Lorraine and Travis's. Johnny was wacky. Lois wrote a book called "The Forgotten Family of Elvis" but it thus far has not a good sales. I asked her how she was able to use Elvis's name. She said because it is for the most part about her, Johnny and family. Maybe Pricilla doesn't know about it??? Patsy left EPE, and she has a web site for fans.

Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    I don't know the Presley's side well. But there are plenty of them and then there are tons of second cousins. The Smith side is this. Gladys's two brothers were Travis and Johnny Smith. They married two sisters (those sisters are my MIL's sisters-maiden name Ivy-mother and father Thelma and Ira Ivy) Travis married Lorraine and Johnny married Lois. Travis and Loainne had Billy and Bobby. Bobby committed suicide by rat poison. Lois has Jackie, Nickie, Janet, Brenda and Tony.)all still living)So all of Lorraines and Lois's children are my husband's cousins. Travis died. Lorraine died in 88 (Lisa did not attend her funeral or nothing) My MIL died in 98. Lorraine was 14 and Lois 15 (I think) went they married into the Smith family. Lois divorced Johnny. Elvis wasn't as close to Lois's kids as he was Lorraine and Travis's. Johnny was wacky. Lois wrote a book called "The Forgotten Family of Elvis" but it thus far has not a good sales. I asked her how she was able to use Elvis's name. She said because it is for the most part about her, Johnny and family. Maybe Pricilla doesn't know about it??? Patsy left EPE, and she has a web site for fans.
    Why thank you Missy!! That also answers my "I thought Travis was a Smith" comment earlier because someone made mention he was from Vernon's side. Unless Vernon's side had a Travis too. Wow...in-laws family tree can be very confusing....lol.

MissyM
    You know Ksimms, I'll try to look it up. I am doing the family geneology. It does get complicated with all those double cousins!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    Thank you, Missy. Good to hear about some of the older ones again.
    You are a fountain of information on the Smith side. Greatly appreciated .
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Ksimme my error I said that. lol
    I do believe a few years ago, don't know if still true, there was a second or third cousin or something like that, that was a well know football player?

MissyM
    You are very welcome Cameron, I think it's important to remember all of them. They were a part of Elvis's life. I took care of Grandma Thelma for some years. What a stitch she was. (all grew up in Tupelo and went on to Memphis for work) When I asked her about Elvis she always called him a little rascal. My gosh though, the colorful stories she told me about the old days in Tupelo. Stories were of share-croppin and pickin cotton (kids too, till your fingers would bleed. Sharin what ever you had. If someone had picked a bushel of greens or peas the women would sit and get them ready and share them. Putting cardboard in the kids shoes cause they couldn't buy them any more. But I think it really makes me understand some things about Elvis's roots.

Cadillac King
    Missy M
    Patsy left EPE, and she has a web site for fans.
    Thats Patsy ANDERSEN who left epe and has a website!

Quote Originally Posted by meg View Post
    Missy M

Thats Patsy ANDERSEN who left epe and has a website!
    Yeah, that whole thing, I feel so bad for Patsy she was soooo great w/the fans.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast