Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: found in the internet - 'no heartbreak hotel'

found in the internet - 'no heartbreak hotel'

'no heartbreak hotel'

Proposed Elvis resort gets preliminary approval.

A proposal to build a $500 million Elvis Presley theme resort in North Mississippi has cleared its first legal hurdle.

Georgia developer J.D. Stacy is proposing construction of a complex, which would include a hotel, golf courses, condominiums, retail shops and theaters on a site where Presley once owned a ranch and where he spent his honeymoon.

The DeSoto County Planning Commission on Feb. 28 approved rezoning an 808-acre parcel of land at Goodman Road and Mississippi 301 in Hernando, Miss., to allow the development.

Commission member Mike Robison said the project hasn't received final approval.

Deputy County Planning Commission Director Michael Garriga said questions about such issues as traffic congestion and drainage would have to be answered before the county could sign off on such a major development.

Questions also have been raised about the use of the Elvis Presley name for the resort.

Stacy said his company has checked with law firms and they feel there is no legal problems in using the entertainer's name.

Officials with Elvis Presley Enterprises in Memphis, Tenn., said they were unaware of the project but would take legal steps to prevent the use of the Elvis' name without their permission.

source: northwest indiana times
    http://www.thetimesonline.com/articl...export4120.eml
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

Thank you friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    Thank you friend.
    you're welcome ..... and please notice: it's brand new, not 18 months old .

hugs, ellie

I did I did notice. LOL

Interesting indeed. However I can tell you all right now that this WILL NOT HAPPEN. Why? because Bob Sillerman OWNS the naming rights and with his master plan just a few miles up the road, that would interfere. The only way this could happen is if Bob Sillerman allows them to use EP's name for their project and I don't see him doing that unless he gets a large financial chunk of the deal. And I don';t see the developers coughing up that much free money to make this happen.

I just don't see this becoming a realistic project.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

Thanks for sharing...is every place Elvis has ever been to going to end up like this??

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Thanks for sharing...is every place Elvis has ever been to going to end up like this??
    Well there is another option. They can always tear the places down as if he never meant anything or even existed. Maybe the fans would then appreciate what people like Bob Sillerman are doing to presurve not destroy the legacy.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    dear rover,

only if tackiness rules ... which hopefully won't happen .

, ellie

Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    Well there is another option. They can always tear the places down as if he never meant anything or even existed. Maybe the fans would then appreciate what people like Bob Sillerman are doing to presurve not destroy the legacy.
    he does not preserve elvis' legacy - he generates for himself and his company as much income as possible. that's his only interest in elvis, and that's not even something he should be blamed for. he's not a fan but merely a businessman who invests and wants his ROI & as much profit as possible, not more and not less. plus he has shareholders that sit in his neck.

he would just as well sell shoe-laces and frozen lemonjuice if they were as profitable as the 'brand' elvis. in the very moment when 'elvis' makes less profit than he expects he will sell him without even raising an eyebrow. just like he will do with 'muhammad ali' and the 'pop idols'.

elvis' legacy has survived for 3 decades without him , and at least at times with a lot less tackiness.

you should be a little more careful speaking of 'masterplans' and calling sillerman a 'genius' - it's ridiculous. it MAY have escaped your attention that he faced a number of VERY critical situations VERY close to bankrupcy, meaning: he made some VERY wrong decisions and plenty of losses throughout the years. of course you won't gey that kind of information from your favourite source but only in papers like 'forbes' and 'NYT'.

and if you had a close look at the moves his shares took over the last 2 years ...... even you might come to the conclusion that 'genius' clearly is the wrong term. of course this conclusion only comes to mind if one can 'read' / understand stockmarket-charts

ellie

and when will this start ?
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

Quote Originally Posted by EDOEP View Post
    he does not preserve elvis' legacy - he generates for himself and his company as much income as possible. that's his only interest in elvis, and that's not even something he should be blamed for. he's not a fan but merely a businessman who invests and wants his ROI & as much profit as possible, not more and not less. plus he has shareholders that sit in his neck.

he would just as well sell shoe-laces and frozen lemonjuice if they were as profitable as the 'brand' elvis. in the very moment when 'elvis' makes less profit than he expects he will sell him without even raising an eyebrow. just like he will do with 'muhammad ali' and the 'pop idols'.

elvis' legacy has survived for 3 decades without him , and at least at times with a lot less tackiness.

you should be a little more careful speaking of 'masterplans' and calling sillerman a 'genius' - it's ridiculous. it MAY have escaped your attention that he faced a number of VERY critical situations VERY close to bankrupcy, meaning: he made some VERY wrong decisions and plenty of losses throughout the years. of course you won't gey that kind of information from your favourite source but only in papers like 'forbes' and 'NYT'.

and if you had a close look at the moves his shares took over the last 2 years ...... even you might come to the conclusion that 'genius' clearly is the wrong term. of course this conclusion only comes to mind if one can 'read' / understand stockmarket-charts

ellie
    All money makers face bankruptcy at one point in their life. That's nothing new. Donald Trump has faced more than anyone. And he's still as wealthy as he was 20 years ago. Bob Sillerman is reported richer than Trump so there's no worries for him losing it all anytime soon. Besides Bob Sillerman's financial issues happened years ago when he was just getting used to investing and made some questionable calls. Sure he took some wrong turns. But in the end he made up for it by selling what he had invested in for a lot more than he paid for it. For instance-Clear Channel Radio. He sold that for $1.8 BILLION. Then he sold a sports agency he owned for another cool billion. And he bought the American Idol franchise for another billion. But like EP, and ALi, Idol is a long tern investment and one that will sell for years to come based upon their fame. Idol isn't going anywhere. In fact it is signed on to FOX for 10 more years! There are now spin off shows from Idol. The plans for Graceland will guarantee long term success for future generations. Here's the thing. By the time the project is done in a 4 year window, most of the die hard original long term fans will be either retired if not already gone. EP would have been 77 by then. Meaning his fans will be too old to travel to Graceland. If you think FXS and EPE are expecting grandmas and grandpas to be the ones supporting the new attractions financially then you are way off base. These plans are for people my age and younger. And to some I would be considered older crowd for what they are targeting although I will only be 39 by then. And Bob Silelrman does care about EP or he wouldn't have invested all this money into a masterplan for Graceland. That's why I called him a genius.

Bottom is Bob Sillerman isn't going broke as you are trying to allude to. He's got a $50 million home in upstate New York. $50 MILLION!!!!!!!! I don't think he's worried one bit about his investments.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by toffe View Post
    like everything else we have to wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by toffe View Post

Good question. But considering all of the land needed for this massive redevelopment project is already turned over to EPE and FXS, I would assume (going by what has been printed in the media and reading between the lines) the official groundbreaking ceremonies will probably take place in early 2008, possibly around February or March. Weather permitting. The Heartbreak Hotel and current plaza setup will all remain in operation for at least another 1-2 years. They won't shut down the plaza until the new state of the art visitor's center and museum is ready for business which will be adjacent to the mansion. Then they'll tear down the plaza and the apartment complex behind it along with Heartbreak Hotel and make room for the new convention hotel and proposed entertainment complex. That should take about 2 years to construct. Besides FXS will want it down and completed in time for the next big anniversary year in 2012. I would be really shocked if the groundbreaking doesn't happen by March of 2008.

Here's a breakdown for the potential duration of the project.

To build a world class visitor's center and museum the size FXS has announced (80,000 square feet, bigger than a football field and big enough to hold large gatherings) it will take around 12-16 months. Most modern day facilities this size average 14-24 months in duration. Anything over that is considered running past schedule and the longer it takes to finish the more the cost of the project goes up. So contractors and developers love to keep in the budget.

To build a world class convention hotel the size he wants (500 rooms with expanded convention space) will take roughly 18-24 months. Based on average hotel constructions this size. It also has to do with how tall it will be. Because of it being near the airport (around 2.6 miles from Memphis International Airport) it might be a tall hotel around 14-15 stories. I can't see it exceeding that height. That's roughly 215 feet in height. But because it is in a residential area he might scale it down to 10 stories and stretch the base outwards. This would allow for lesser height but would take up more space. The reason for high rise hotels is to save space for other developments. This may be Bob Sillerman's plan-to save space by building upwards.

If the proposed entertainment complex is anything like what I originally posted of the City Walk in Orlando, then it would take around 6-12 months to complete. I am going by how long it took to build our complex here which is opening this week. Ours is really nice and world class itself. It went under construction in October of 2006. I guess it all depends on how big and what all it calls for to determine the duration and even the cost or size of the complex. I do know that looking at the land across from Graceland that is now owned by EPE using Google Earth, there's over 60 acres. the Memphis Zoo (largest zoo in the South of the USA) sits on 70 acres to give you an example of how much land that is.

As you can tell I have been studying this plan to the T. LOL

Hey I didn't mean it this way! It is great to see that a lot of people care about Elvis, what he did, where he went...I was just surprised (but not in a bad way) to learn that someone wanted to build a hotel like that in a place where Elvis spent only a few weeks
    Anyway...this is not going to happen soon

TCB Mafia
    Good question. But considering all of the land needed for this massive redevelopment project is already turned over to EPE and FXS, I would assume (going by what has been printed in the media and reading between the lines) the official groundbreaking ceremonies will probably take place in early 2008, possibly around February or March. Weather permitting. The Heartbreak Hotel and current plaza setup will all remain in operation for at least another 1-2 years. They won't shut down the plaza until the new state of the art visitor's center and museum is ready for business which will be adjacent to the mansion. Then they'll tear down the plaza and the apartment complex behind it along with Heartbreak Hotel and make room for the new convention hotel and proposed entertainment complex. That should take about 2 years to construct. Besides FXS will want it down and completed in time for the next big anniversary year in 2012. I would be really shocked if the groundbreaking doesn't happen by March of 2008.

Here's a breakdown for the potential duration of the project.

To build a world class visitor's center and museum the size FXS has announced (80,000 square feet, bigger than a football field and big enough to hold large gatherings) it will take around 12-16 months. Most modern day facilities this size average 14-24 months in duration. Anything over that is considered running past schedule and the longer it takes to finish the more the cost of the project goes up. So contractors and developers love to keep in the budget.

To build a world class convention hotel the size he wants (500 rooms with expanded convention space) will take roughly 18-24 months. Based on average hotel constructions this size. It also has to do with how tall it will be. Because of it being near the airport (around 2.6 miles from Memphis International Airport) it might be a tall hotel around 14-15 stories. I can't see it exceeding that height. That's roughly 215 feet in height. But because it is in a residential area he might scale it down to 10 stories and stretch the base outwards. This would allow for lesser height but would take up more space. The reason for high rise hotels is to save space for other developments. This may be Bob Sillerman's plan-to save space by building upwards.

If the proposed entertainment complex is anything like what I originally posted of the City Walk in Orlando, then it would take around 6-12 months to complete. I am going by how long it took to build our complex here which is opening this week. Ours is really nice and world class itself. It went under construction in October of 2006. I guess it all depends on how big and what all it calls for to determine the duration and even the cost or size of the complex. I do know that looking at the land across from Graceland that is now owned by EPE using Google Earth, there's over 60 acres. the Memphis Zoo (largest zoo in the South of the USA) sits on 70 acres to give you an example of how much land that is.

As you can tell I have been studying this plan to the T. LOL
    EP75, the eternal Elvis expert and absolute final answer in all things related to Elvis.

By-the-way, for the millionth time, who is FXS?

FXS is Robert FX Sillerman, duh. Anymore questions?

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    EP75, the eternal Elvis expert and absolute final answer in all things related to Elvis.

By-the-way, for the millionth time, who is FXS?

LOL no kidding, like he works for him or something? LOLROF

LOL no kidding, like he works for him or something? LOLROF
    Like you work for EPE or have "inside connections or sources". LMAO HA HA!

Matter of fact I do, I already said who you could contact to find out. I don't work for EPE though, never claimed I did. However by your posts, well we all see what it is your about. Sorry you don't work for anyone or have inside info.

Matter of fact I do, I already said who you could contact to find out. I don't work for EPE though, never claimed I did. However by your posts, well we all see what it is your about. Sorry you don't work for anyone or have inside info.
    Neither do you. So stop while you are ahead. And stop hyjacking threads by making it all about you. STAY ON TOPIC. Case closed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast