Thread: Elvis mentioning "TTWII" or "EOT"

Mad Tigers

Elvis mentioning "TTWII" or "EOT"

In a few concerts I have heard elvis make passing references to Aloha From Hawaii. But I'm wondering what Elvis' impressions were about "TTWII" and "On Tour" specifically. Because I'm sitting here watching Elvis On Tour. And the part is on where they show the old man explaining which door elvis will be walking through. So what I'm asking here is if anyone knows any specific concerts/interviews whatever where Elvis mentioned these two films after he saw them.

Not that I know of. I've never heard him make a reference to Elvis On Tour. I think he mentioned That's The Way It Is coming out in St Louis or Miami in 1970 while on tour.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

The only mention I've heard was of TTWII on tour in Dallas in 1975 where he asks the crowd if they saw the movie on TV last night, where he say's why did you come out here tonight, everone on the stage is a little older except me.

I would imagine he saw it the night before, I don't see how he could not have been pleased about it at the time but I've often wondered what the hell he thought of the mental fans in the movie.

I've taken tinkerbell up to the house but she hasn't met Elvis yet!

He also referered to, and mentioned the film, Elvis On Tour, at his press conference in New York on June 9, 1972 as his "Next Project" ...

Quote Originally Posted by getlow View Post
    The only mention I've heard was of TTWII on tour in Dallas in 1975 where he asks the crowd if they saw the movie on TV last night, where he say's why did you come out here tonight, everone on the stage is a little older except me.

I would imagine he saw it the night before, I don't see how he could not have been pleased about it at the time but I've often wondered what the hell he thought of the mental fans in the movie.

I've taken tinkerbell up to the house but she hasn't met Elvis yet!
    Considering that Elvis On Tour was shown on CBS as the Latenight Movie during the mid 70's I assume he was referring to that fim and not the other.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    Considering that Elvis On Tour was shown on CBS as the Latenight Movie during the mid 70's I assume he was referring to that fim and not the other.
    If u knew anything about Elvis, his music and his films, u would already know that Elvis was referring to That's The Way It Is ...

Nice try ...

Quote Originally Posted by King_Creole View Post
    If u knew anything about Elvis, his music and his films, u would already know that Elvis was referring to That's The Way It Is ...

Nice try ...
    Sorry, King Creole, but EP75 is right. The movie referred to by Elvis "on TV last night" was, in fact On Tour.

Hope your ban isn't permanent, btw.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by getlow View Post
    The only mention I've heard was of TTWII on tour in Dallas in 1975 where he asks the crowd if they saw the movie on TV last night
    He was referring to On Tour, not TTWII ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

sorry i have never heard anything, i guess i am to busy looking elvis. lol
    elvislady

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    I am certain that Elvis was speaking of TTWII. He called it by name and he went through the people on stage and stated whether they were with him at the time.

Of the Stamps he noted that they were not there, that at the time he was backed by "the jolly green giants" and he noted that Kathy was not with him yet.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

re

I thought he referred to TTWII on tour in November of 1970.
    From EOt,I don't know anything....I like to know what he thought about this two movies...anyone knows?
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    The only time I recall him saying something about either TTWII or EOT can't remember which one. It's on the "Dallas '75 Uncencored" cd.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post
    I am certain that Elvis was speaking of TTWII. He called it by name and he went through the people on stage and stated whether they were with him at the time.

Of the Stamps he noted that they were not there, that at the time he was backed by "the jolly green giants" and he noted that Kathy was not with him yet.
    This is absolutely correct !!!