Thread: Jumpsuit For Sale

Post Jumpsuit For Sale

A European collector sells an original Elvis Presley stage worn Jumpsuit (ElvisMatters is intermidiate). Tons of pictures of Elvis in this Turquoise suit were taken at his August/September 1973 engagement in Las Vegas. Elvis gave...

Link To Original Article
    Here you can discuss the latest Elvisnews

I can't stand to see this kind of article....ALL Elvis' jumpsuits should be on display at Graceland and not in some private person's collection...just not right...why were they sold in the first place???????????

Diane

I heard on the radio about if any item comes up for sale to do with Elvis ,that EPE would buy it back no matter how much ,so now it,s time for them to step up and buy this suit back ,Shame there anit a belt with it!

simon

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    EPE better be buying this...and get it back home where it belongs at Graceland
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

i would love to see them buy back all of Elvis rings that other pices of jewelery and make one big display of them all

With the amount of jewlery Elvis gave away during his life time that would almost seem impossible.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Hmmm. And those of you complaining this suit should be at Graceland - if you had the money, would you not buy it yourself if you could?

And if any of you say that you'd buy it then donate it to Graceland, then I simply will not believe you ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

re

If I had the money,I really would have bought it...but I think it belongs to Graceland.
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I can't stand to see this kind of article....ALL Elvis' jumpsuits should be on display at Graceland and not in some private person's collection...just not right...why were they sold in the first place???????????

Diane
    I fully agree with you!!!
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    And if any of you say that you'd buy it then donate it to Graceland, then I simply will not believe you ...
    OK, that might be different then...

Coming On Strong

I want it

I would love to own some rare Elvis stuff. Can't rally afford the big items. I do have 2 autographs. Guess I'll have to be satisfied with those.

Hmmm. And those of you complaining this suit should be at Graceland - if you had the money, would you not buy it yourself if you could?

I would buy it Getlo, and make my husband wear it here at home!!

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    If I had the money I would buy it. I am 5'11 and 190 think I could fit in it?
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

Why was it sold in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post

Diane
    There was a thread on here about why Ginger gets a bad rap. This would be one example for me:

"Elvis gave the suit to the Alden family, who later sold it to Jimmy Velvet."

Checked E-Bay and this jumpsuit has 35 bids. The bid is up to $120,700 and the reserve is not met. End time is Nov. 13 @ 3:08 PST.
    Last edited by cprimm; 11-10-2007 at 01:51 PM. Reason: PST

LOL heck yeah I would...and Graceland? What's that?