Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do You Feel About Where Elvis Died?

How Do You Feel About Where Elvis Died?

I know that Elvis once said that he hoped he died on stage, how would you have felt if that had happened? I have always been sooooo thankful that he died at home, at Graceland, that he loved so much. But, on the other hand, I have always been haunted by the thought of him dying face down in the carpet in the bathroom. I read in "Down At The End Of Lonely Street" that one Dr. now says that he thinks he was dead before he hit the floor...I would like to hope that's how it went down. Wasn't it that book "Elvis" by Albert Goldman(don't waste your time on it) that portrays him clutching the carpet and lying face down in his own vomit?? That visual bothers me so much.....I would like to think that he never knew what hit him.

www.youtube.com/utmom2008

I'm reading "Elvis" by Albert Goldman right now - haven't gotten to that part yet - only about 1/2 way through. But I can't really answer that I guess. No I would not have wanted him to die on stage. I would have wanted him around his loved ones so they could atleast see something was wrong and get help to him quicker........I'd rather him not died at all.....I know neither do the rest of you.......

It doesn't bother me one way or the other. I never think about it. He couldn't have died before hitting the ground as he'd apparently crawled away from the toilet.

But at least he died in the home he loved.

As undignified as it all was, dying on stage would've been too public ... and you'd still be watching the footage on YouTube today.

(And we're back ...)
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

TCB Mafia
    He died way too young, thats for sure.
    And he is missed by all of us, still every day.
    But I'm glad that at least he died atGraceland.
    It was his beloved home.
    Only...

It still bothers me how he died.
    Too many unanswered questions and contadictions...

Too many secrets and mysteries surrounding his death.

Also the way he was found shows us , he did not really died a peaceful death.

We still don't know it but I hope he didn't suffer but when I read details about the death scene I think death came not that quick and was maybe a painful one too.

It makes me sad, it still does...

Could have been so different for him. If he had received proper care, more TLC
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

TCB Mafia
    Indeed Getlo, suppose he would have collapsed on scene , the way he collapsed now in his bathroom.

Maybe just maybe he could have been saved then but the footage would have been showed all over again, and we would have seen painful details...
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

Quote Originally Posted by riley View Post
    He died way too young, thats for sure.
    And he is missed by all of us, still every day.
    But I'm glad that at least he died atGraceland.
    It was his beloved home.
    Only...

It still bothers me how he died.
    Too many unanswered questions and contadictions...

Too many secrets and mysteries surrounding his death.

Also the way he was found shows us , he did not really died a peaceful death.

We still don't know it but I hope he didn't suffer but when I read details about the death scene I think death came not that quick and was maybe a painful one too.

It makes me sad, it still does...

Could have been so different for him. If he had received proper care, more TLC
    I agree...I guess that's what bothers me. I was with my mother-n-law when she passed away, and it was very very peaceful. His death doesn't appear to be so. Thankful for Graceland, yes, but bothered by the rest. To die alone and uneasy is a sad story for a man who was loved by millions.......
    www.youtube.com/utmom2008

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    It doesn't bother me one way or the other. I never think about it. He couldn't have died before hitting the ground as he'd apparently crawled away from the toilet.

As undignified as it all was, dying on stage would've been too public ... and you'd still be watching the footage on YouTube today.

(And we're back ...)
    Welcome back!!!!!!!

I agree, would not have liked him to die on stage. Where he died doesn't bother me personally except that it was used as a joke. I would rather he had just died easily and peacefully in his sleep.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post

(And we're back ...)
    We have been told he had crawled away, and we have been told he didn't. It seems as though that would be easy to clear up....what all went on in that bathroom? Apparently, Joe was the one that to more or less take control.

TCB Mafia
    quote Utmom2008

To die alone and uneasy is a sad story for a man who was loved by millions.......

end quote

quote Diane

that it was used as a joke. I would rather he had just died easily and peacefully in his sleep

you both hit the nail right. Exactly how I feel too

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I agree, would not have liked him to die on stage. Where he died doesn't bother me personally except that it was used as a joke. I would rather he had just died easily and peacefully in his sleep.

Diane
    agreed diane

Diane

i feel the same way....i just cant stand when people make jokes about Elvis dying in the bathroom....(like Eminem with his stupid video).
    I would not liked him to die on stage...that would be terrible!,but I donīt like the way he died and that he was alone and only God and he know what was going throught his head at that moment. I donīt like the fact that he is dead but thatīs the way life is....
    "when things go wrong donīt go with them..."

i love elvis!!!

How I feel about it? --- Well, I don't think about it much. I try to avoid the fact that he is not here among us anymore
    But, when I think about it......you know, I wouldn't like him to die on stage, like Getlo said, we could have watched that on youtube, it would have been public...terrible.
    At least he died in Graceland...not in some suit, outside Memphis.
    I've tried only once to imagine the scene of him dying on the toilet...and it wasn't very pleasant

I hate when other people talk about his death. They often laugh when they do that, simply because he died in the bathroom! I don't care what happened, he is dead, we can't change that

Would anyone like to die in the bathroom?

i dont think of this too much either ,i think elvis died of a massive heart attack, and he would no nothing about it

never heard the crawling around in the bathroom thing before
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

No particularly KPM, but didn't Roy Orbison also die in the bathroom? How come no big deal about him too?

Dying in bed while asleep is what I would wish for any decent person...don't care about the rest I'm afraid.

Diane

A lot of people die in the bathroom, you're at home you don't feel well its the first place a lot of people go.

Quote Originally Posted by geordie View Post
    i dont think of this too much either ,i think elvis died of a massive heart attack, and he would no nothing about it

never heard the crawling around in the bathroom thing before
    there has been alot written about how he landed, how far he crawled, did he throw up or didn"t he? There is a Doc quoted near the end of "Down At The End Of Lonely Street" that says he was dead before he hit the floor. I think it was Albert Goldman that conveys the imagine of his face being in the carpet, having crawled a little ways before dying while clutching the carpet....horrible visuals

No particularly KPM, but didn't Roy Orbison also die in the bathroom? How come no big deal about him too?

Dying in bed while asleep is what I would wish for any decent person...don't care about the rest I'm afraid.

Diane
    I'm with you Diane

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    A lot of people die in the bathroom, you're at home you don't feel well its the first place a lot of people go.
    Good point JDD

Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast