Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why would you sell anything so precious!

Why would you sell anything so precious!

Anita wood has sold a love letter written for her in 1958 by elvis, why would she want to part with such a special letter like that.
    elvislady
    http://www.elvispresleynews.com/ElvisLoveLetters.html

I don't understand it either, what good is it to someone else? She has kept fairly quiet over the years, why now, i would treasure something so personal like that that forever.
    Do you think it could be for financial reasons!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kathy parkinson View Post
    I don't understand it either, what good is it to someone else? She has kept fairly quiet over the years, why now, i would treasure something so personal like that that forever.
    Do you think it could be for financial reasons!!!!
    Yea kathy i thought about that and i would never sell anything so precious to me as a love letter, i would taake it to the grave wiyh me.
    elvislady

MissyM
    Maybe she really needs the money. It may be hard for her but she has no other choice.

Loving elvis
    I don't think anita needed the money, maybe she wanted to noticed more by the fans. Look at Ginger for example she's still selling things.

I don't understand how anyone can sell these things if as they claimed they loved Elvis so much. How can you compare $$$$$ to love?

Diane

It seems in today's world $$$$$ makes the world go round and that is all some people care about. How very sad to see people stoop so low. Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Perhaps, she got a pretty good reason and I hope it is worth it. Let's just hope it lands on the right person and place for sake keeping.

Is this the love letter that Anita said she did not know how it got into someone else's hands? I had heard Anita say this before, that she had no idea how the letter got into someone else's hands......but it sure sounds like she gave it to the auction house.....hhhmmmmmmm

The only way I would have some understanding as to why she sold that letter is if she really needed the money - and I mean desperately needed the money - but I don't think that is the case and it really amazes me as to how she could sell something so precious. I know I would never do this.
    ELVIS THE KING - TODAY TOMORROW & FOREVER

To bad she has to sell this letter. Who knows why. Elvis sounded sad in the letter.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Let's see the brighter side: this will make one fan very, very happy...I guess Anita needs money, or maybe her relationship with Elvis isn't such a good memory?

IMO; this is way too personal to sell.
    If I didn't want it, I'd just destroy it and no one would ever know.
    It takes all kinds, I guess.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

If selling the letter bring her joy let her have it. After all it's dedicated to her she owns it and it's her call. In my opion it's a shame she's selling it away. And with all due respect toward Anita, she shows a lack of respect by selling it. After all it was filled with love.
    I hope she gets what she wants though.
    TCB, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by elvislady View Post
    Anita wood has sold a love letter written for her in 1958 by elvis, why would she want to part with such a special letter like that.
    elvislady
    http://www.elvispresleynews.com/ElvisLoveLetters.html
    I would be homeless before I could sell that! Elvis was a romantic devil, wasn't he??

www.youtube.com/utmom2008

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    It is very sad indeed that Anita would part with such a personal Item, I'm sure that she has her reasons, please let us hope it is not a frivolous reason......

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    It is very sad indeed that Anita would part with such a personal Item, I'm sure that she has her reasons, please let us hope it is not a frivolous reason......
    My father in law had a 30,000 record collection, 78s, 45s, and albums. He had all of Elvis's records including all 5 Sun 45s and all 5 Sun 78s. Johnny Cash Sun records, Al Jolson originals, etc... He was wanting to leave them in his will to someone to keep the collection together.
    We told him we could not guarantee we could-because circumstances change and you never know what might force your hand. It was as truthful as we could be. He died and my wifes step mother got them.-She sold them shortly before she died-she was ill and needed the cash.

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    My father in law had a 30,000 record collection, 78s, 45s, and albums. He had all of Elvis's records including all 5 Sun 45s and all 5 Sun 78s. Johnny Cash Sun records, Al Jolson originals, etc... He was wanting to leave them in his will to someone to keep the collection together.
    We told him we could not guarantee we could-because circumstances change and you never know what might force your hand. It was as truthful as we could be. He died and my wifes step mother got them.-She sold them shortly before she died-she was ill and needed the cash.
    It is a very sad situation when someone has to part with something dear to them because of financial difficulties, sometimes life sucks

That I can understand KPM and JJ in a case of have to, but it is sad for someone to get that desperate. I have my doubts that that is the case for Anita though as she had always been know to have held down some very good jobs. If I'm wrong, then I feel sorry for her.

Diane

Smile $$$$$$$$$$$$$

--- ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. SO TRUE AN SO SAD......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast