Thread: Elvis Local TV'75 WOW!!!

Elvis Local TV'75 WOW!!!

http://www.vid19.com/clipshare2/view...e069713af9fa6c

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming On Strong
    WOW!! GREAT STUFF! THANKS!

Great footage thanks for posting.
    elvislady

Yep. That was when he came here to Huntsville. I went to the June 1 8:30 pm show. EP wore the black Phoenix white suit. I remember to this day the excitement leading up to it. I was only 3 but that moment has remained in my head as if it were yesterday. I don't remember the songs but I do remember him walking onto the stage and the deafening pitch that made my ears hurt. It kind of scared me since I was a little child and not used to something like that. I was walking down town the other day (I love to go walking downtown and see it's amazing development happening) and I stopped and went up to the VBC. I was surprised that the doors were opened and I walked into the upper deck. The arena was lit up as they were preparing for a concert. But it brought back memories. I used to get chills and spooky feelings when I would get too close to the VBC because it was so big looking to me as a child. But I didn't get that feelings this time. The arena has not changed one bit since EP performed there. The seats are all still multi-colored and the interior is exactly as it was in 1975.

But there are plans to expand the capacity to about 8,000 (currently around 7,000) in the next couple of years as a temporary plan while they build a new arena nearby of 13,000 seats to draw in bigger concert and sporting events. But from what all I have found out from those around town is that the city will not tear down the original arena due to it's historic value to the city and because of EP performing there. And it's now tied into a new convention hotel, Embassy Suites built adjacent to it and connected with a glass covered walkway bridge. The Holiday Inn (formerly the Hilton) will remain as is also due to the fact of lack of hotels in the downtown area today. Mostly condomeniums and hotels are going up all around. So the Holiday Inn is in it's plans to add and not subtract from the downtown area.

Huntsville is becoming a diamond jewel with it's fast growing downtown. It used to be just a small southern town which is mainly known for it's connection to NASA and having Redstone Arsenal here. But now it is among the fastest growing cities in the country and is turning into THE city to live in and raise a family in all of America!
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

Great video, and thanks for info EP75!
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

Elvis looks fairly thin in his street clothes-at least the few shots you see of him in them.

Thanks for posting the footage.. Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Thanks for posting. He looked pretty good here .
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Cool

That was really cool man!

International Level rhythmknights's Avatar
    i loved this, thanks!
    All I wanted was a white knight with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset Baby, I'm forever yours

Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    I was only 3 but that moment has remained in my head as if it were yesterday.
    Really ?

You must have an incredibly sharp memory for a 35 year old man to remember this event so vividly at age 3.

I don't remember the songs ...
    Interesting ...

Backstage Pass
    about 20 mins. of pro-shot footage using video camera exists of elvis wearing red phoenix suit of one of these huntsville shows.a small portion was shown on the local news at the time.this footage is now in a hands of collector in canada.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Creole View Post
    Really ?

You must have an incredibly sharp memory for a 35 year old man to remember this event so vividly at age 3.

Interesting ...

Yes. I have a photographic memory. I can remember things from when I was a child as if it were yesterday. Things that mean the most to me. I don't remember what songs he sung visually except to know them now since I have audio and video tapes of these shows.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

Excellent post. i hadn't seen any of this short, but super rare clips from may 30th or june 1st and great that this news story was put up!
    Cooking up a Storm!

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    This is awesome footage..would love to see more of it surface!!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

re

The same footage as I posted before,but nice to watch again
    I think Elvis was in great shape in Huntsville
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Me too. Imo, he was in awesome shape all through the summer months of '75..something happened in August though after he canceled the vegas gigs, and he never looked the same when he appeared back in December...
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977