Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Elvis is still alive today, what do you supposed he will be doing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss Man View Post
    I believe that eventually he would have dumped both the colonel and his producer Felton Jarvis, and moved in a new direction of music, sort of like Johnny Cash did in his later years.
    I totally agree with this statement Steve! I too think that the Colonel and Jarvis both would have had to exit stage left......which would probably have proved to have been a huge turning point in itself, IMO! I think if Elvis would have had the final say so in his career...without restrictions...he most likely would have found his groove again.

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Coming On Strong
    I hope that he would have gotten healthy and lived a more peaceful life. I think he would still do the occasional performance for special projects. I was watching a Gaithers Homecoming on TV Sunday (JD was on it) and I mentioned to my husband that if Elvis were still alive he would love those videos and would probably be on some of them. He may even be in a gospel quartet too. I think that gospel music was his first love in music.
    Mainly though I would want him to just be happy and not have to live up to the image any longer. That is too much stress for anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    As for performance, I'm sure he would have carried on for a while longer, the 80's saw the ushering in of MTV and video to promote music acts, I'm sure he would have used this medium in some way and perhaps used this to increase record sales and then perhaps toured less.
    In a way, Elvis had almost done the MTV video route. If you watch some of the songs from the movies and how they were done, it wasn't that far removed from the MTV era. Think about Bossa Nova Baby... that's as good as any I've ever seen on MTV.

Quote Originally Posted by President Presley View Post
    Or Elvis as Al Bundy in 'Married With Children", he'd liked that I think
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post

I gotta agree. I cannot see Elvis playing that type of character. He was more respectful than that. Sure, it's just a character...but still....

Quote Originally Posted by Erhan View Post
    he could be in jail because of killing M.J. and every impersonators he saw...

Quote Originally Posted by President Presley View Post
    Or Elvis as Al Bundy in 'Married With Children", he'd liked that I think
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I have to go with Jess on this one.

Good Grief!!

He`d be verry happy cause he would live with Lisa and her familly ??????????

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo b. prospero View Post
    It is pretty hard to imagine how Elvis would look like and what will be his activities if he still alive. Do you think he will still do some performances inspite of his age? Will he retires from public performances and live a private life?
    Probably he would have ended up like Jerry Lee Lewis. On stage in a wheelchair...

Quote Originally Posted by Elvistcbkirch View Post
    Probably he would have ended up like Jerry Lee Lewis. On stage in a wheelchair...
    That's certainly an uplifting visual.

I think he'd be very healthy and in great shape. I believe that he would still be performing similar to that of Wayne Newton in Vegas and maybe do a tour? I think that he'd do an album now and again like George Jones or Merle... once every other year or so.

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

Well It all depends on his health, but asuming he got clean and living a healthy life, he difinetively still be active.

By the 80's he wouldn´t keept touring as much as in the 70's but still some large touring was happening, a world tour also, gone were the jumpsuits, but you won´t see Elvis wearing anything to formal, maybe just Elvis style street clothes would have fit with some nice leather jackets, maybe another great TV special, and I belive he would have been more into country and western and rock and roll than into mainstream pop or contemporary rock music. Another gospel album got a grammy and maybe he did some colaborations with people like Willie Nelson, Neil Young , Dylan or Paul McCartney.

During the 90's I can see Elvis doing one more comback via TV, the MTV's unplugged shows were waiting for him, imagine Elvis and James Burton and some other guys that had played with Elvis during his whole career doing a show in somehow the same pace of Eric Clapton, McCartney or Bob Dylan unplugged shows. That was just perfect for a 60years old Elvis. After that, about his recording sessions, I guess the right move
    would have been something close to Johnny Cash American Recordings or Dylan´s Time Out of Mind or Love and Theft. An album with great Blues artist like B.B. King or Buddy Guy was long time awaited.

Plus some decent serious roles in movies by great directors, and Presley showed, at his 68's birthay, that he can act and got an oscar. He also did some work as a producer, like in the early 80's he finished the NewGladiators project, and maybe produced and directed some documentaries about gospel or blues or the music he liked during the 90's.

During the 00's he made a show now and then, maybe one more world tour, he finally recorded whatever he wanted the way he wanted with who he wanted, but more than anything he had a happy live with his family and friends.

P.S. And after '76 he never ever preformed back in Vegas.
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 05-13-2008 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nabelt24 View Post
    I think he'd be very healthy and in great shape. I believe that he would still be performing similar to that of Wayne Newton in Vegas and maybe do a tour? I think that he'd do an album now and again like George Jones or Merle... once every other year or so.
    Let's hope he would have had a better plastic surgeon than Wayne Newton did....and PLEASE...let's pray that Elvis would never have turned up on Dancing With the Stars.

I would hope he had broke the mold of his image-totally revamped his life and got fired up about something, anything. When he was interested and commited to something he was unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Let's hope he would have had a better plastic surgeon than Wayne Newton did....and PLEASE...let's pray that Elvis would never have turned up on Dancing With the Stars.
    No, I couldn't see that either; however, could imagine the ratings phenomenon that would be (DWTS)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I agree... Elvis and "Dancing With The Stars" would never mix! lol... Of course, Elvis had a lot more class than that!

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

Dottie Rambo was still traveling and singing at 74. I'm sure Elvis would be too.

Last edited by cameron; 05-13-2008 at 03:33 PM.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by elvia7 View Post
    He`d be verry happy cause he would live with Lisa and her familly ??????????
    I think he'd love the grandbabies! Absolutely! Elvis loved having family around and he loved having children around. I don't believe that all those photos of him with babies & children were all publicity stunts.

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

International Level
    As for MJ and Impersonator thing...well that was uncalled for. Elvis even thought it was so neat that someone would take the time and pay tribute to him. But that's a different story. But I wont waste my time because its 1 oppion(sp? LOL)...

I kinda like the Unplugged image. I think that would be pretty neat to have seen Elvis with his band just playing any song that came to his mind or request. Some of best stuff I heard was those jam sessions when they would just play anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudcowboy_1 View Post
    I kinda like the Unplugged image. I think that would be pretty neat to have seen Elvis with his band just playing any song that came to his mind or request. Some of best stuff I heard was those jam sessions when they would just play anything.
    Me, too. I hope the unplugged thing won't lead into some MTV reality show like Gene Simmon's show - ughhh Not DWTS, but I could see him on American Idol - like twoards the end when they bring in celebrity guests. Nah, scratch that!

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    Me, too. I hope the unplugged thing won't lead into some MTV reality show like Gene Simmon's show - ughhh Not DWTS, but I could see him on American Idol - like twoards the end when they bring in celebrity guests. Nah, scratch that!
    I can see him as a judge on American Idol - joking

If you look at his 1977 concert,the state of his health, i don't think it would have been even possible for him to be alive now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast