Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Larry Geller Book Hits # 1.

[QUOTE=Getlo;148435]Elvis What Happened partly contributed to Elvis' death???

you Can Dream that way, It's happened before they wrote it , Elvis is part it, we can't put name kill Elvis only one person and We know who
    Tom
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I
    IF he tends to "remember the good times" instead of concentrating on the bad,so be it.
    Does he? His If I Can Dream book goes into as much detail of the drugs problems as any other.

On the Stalin in the clouds point. Red mentions seeing it during the All the Kings Men video series. For those who haven't seen it, it basicallly entails Red, Sonny, Marty, Lamar and Billy sitting around sharing anecdotes about Elvis.

Of course, in this period all were taking uppers to manage the hectic schedule and keep up with Elvis, so maybe it's not a very clear memory.

Ia there anything new in his last book?

Quote Originally Posted by T_J View Post
    Does he? His If I Can Dream book goes into as much detail of the drugs problems as any other.
    Yes, he did and still doesn't deny any of it.

Donut: Just some things many will make fun of and deny. So, I won't bring any review here .
    He doesn't deserve that. Check the review on EIN.

IF he tends to "remember the good times" instead of concentrating on the bad ...

... then it is sure to be a biased and inaccurate portrayal.

Geller's a jerk, and one not to be trusted.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    ... then it is sure to be a biased and inaccurate portrayal.

Geller's a jerk, and one not to be trusted.
    That's one opinion.

Donut: Just some things many will make fun of and deny. So, I won't bring any review here .
    Oh, OK... thank you.

"If even one person can be led to God because of me, it will be worth it." - Leaves of Elvis' Garden, page 4.

Yeah, I'm sure Elvis was arrogant enough to have said this!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Loving elvis

Thanks l will cheak out the review.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    "If even one person can be led to God because of me, it will be worth it." - Leaves of Elvis' Garden, page 4.

Yeah, I'm sure Elvis was arrogant enough to have said this!
    I can see Getlo is banned; however, I would still like to add a comment to his comment.

I don't take the quote "If even one person can be led to God because of me, it will be worth it" as anything but a caring, loving, attitude, from Elvis. He believed in God, and wanted to spread the news, to whomever was interested.

Take care,
    Kim

TCB Mafia
    I like Larry Geller. I've found he answers my questions ;and he doesn't even charge for it.

IF he tends to "remember the good times" instead of concentrating on the bad,so be it. He's never "white washed" Elvis, IMO, but stresses more on the good memories. I think we all have heard the negative for many years.
    It's nice to hear about the good times for a change.

I like Larry too, Cam.

He loves Elvis, it is obvious, and he continues to show his friendship, and love. Personally, he is one man I would love to speak with.

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post

I don't take the quote "If even one person can be led to God because of me, it will be worth it" as anything but a caring, loving, attitude, from Elvis. He believed in God, and wanted to spread the news, to whomever was interested.
    Take care,Kim
    I didn't take that as being arrogant either. It's very hard to understand some people.
    I think/hope we might all feel the same. Think that might be a priviledge .

TCB Mafia
    I didn't take that as being arrogant either. It's very hard to understand some people.
    I think/hope we might all feel the same. Think that might be a priviledge .

Yes, this again, shows to me, how if you don't take someone's personality and disposition into consideration, when speaking, or recalling something they say, you can take it the wrong way. Comes down to one's own life experiences, too.

We know Elvis had everyone's best interests at heart, and wanted all to be happy. So that quote to me, well, Elvis was always willing to be himself, and share of himself, internally, and he wasn't shy about it. That is a good thing.

I thought his quote was very touching, as people looked up to Elvis, so he was, in my opinion, with that quote, being a good roll model for whomever was interested.

Kim

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234