Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STOP, LOOK at this & LISTEN

How come Elvis611 has not come back in and replied to anything on the post they started? I wanted a bit more clarification on what they meant originally....

Loving elvis
    [QUOTE=Awickedreigndrop;147999][QUOTE=presley31;147950]

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post

Thanks you guys I'm gonna join in the debates more, but only the ones I know info about
    Thats great to hear people won't always agree but aleast you said your peace and thats what forums are for sharing opinions and views. Don't let people rudness get in your way of sharing your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Sometimes, even that doesn't help. Block the rude ones from view.
    It helps a great deal .
    One can express their opinion without being mean or hateful IMO.
    I'm not going to block anyone I come here to have a little fun and converse about a subject I enjoy discussing. But I try not to be rude and expect the same from everyone who interacts with me. The rules of the forum ask for people to respect each other and not be rude-I obey them as everyone should. Its not a huge burden for anyone to be respectful-just decide to do it and the rest is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    How come Elvis611 has not come back in and replied to anything on the post they started? I wanted a bit more clarification on what they meant originally....
    It is a tad odd, isn't it?

TCB Mafia
    [quote=Awickedreigndrop;147999][quote=presley31;147950]

Thanks you guys I'm gonna join in the debates more, but only the ones I know info about

Cool sweetie

Oh heck, jump in, lol

Take care,
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Gerianne View Post
    I find this thread hard to understand seeing as you have been a member since February 2006 and you only have 8 posts to your name. Why didn't you reply to other threads yourself. It is obvious from your post that you have been keeping an eye on who posts to what thread, so how come you haven't posted much yourself.
    Is it just me or do others find this baffling
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    It is a tad odd, isn't it?
    If you read my post that I've quoted above, you will see this person has been a member of this forum since February 2006 and now has 7 posts to their name. They did have 8 when I first posted but obviously one was taken away.
    I just find it very strange that someone would come on with a new thread and talk about how they notice that it is the same people who reply to threads etc, and then they try to encourage others to post to threads in the future, join it etc. Yet they haven't done it themselves seeing as they have so little posts.
    I really am baffled by this.
    ELVIS THE KING - TODAY TOMORROW & FOREVER

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerianne View Post
    If you read my post that I've quoted above, you will see this person has been a member of this forum since February 2006 and now has 7 posts to their name. They did have 8 when I first posted but obviously one was taken away.
    I just find it very strange that someone would come on with a new thread and talk about how they notice that it is the same people who reply to threads etc, and then they try to encourage others to post to threads in the future, join it etc. Yet they haven't done it themselves seeing as they have so little posts.
    I really am baffled by this.

Well, they may be speaking (Sorry Elvis611, hope you don't mind me saying, I hope I may be helping) in the third person, as they themselves, feel uncomfortable, and are looking for some reassurance, so they themselves, feel comfortable enough to post.

Kim

Well, they may be speaking (Sorry Elvis611, hope you don't mind me saying, I hope I may be helping) in the third person, as they themselves, feel uncomfortable, and are looking for some reassurance, so they themselves, feel comfortable enough to post.

Kim
    I hear what you are saying but they would only have to post to things they felt comfortable with if this was the case. I don't post to everything myself because there are certain things I'm uncomfortable with, but there is a lot of things on the forum that I will post to and I think this would be the case with a lot of other members
    ELVIS THE KING - TODAY TOMORROW & FOREVER

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I'm not going to block anyone I come here to have a little fun and converse about a subject I enjoy discussing. But I try not to be rude and expect the same from everyone who interacts with me. The rules of the forum ask for people to respect each other and not be rude-I obey them as everyone should. Its not a huge burden for anyone to be respectful-just decide to do it and the rest is easy.
    Hi KPM, I find your posts interesting, informative and above all civil. I enjoy you posts and would welcome more of your thoughts on any subject!

Unfortunately there are those who participate on this forum who are wolves in sheeps clothing, they protest in such a way as to put themselves in a good light, but really they create more trouble than those who are alledgedly the trouble makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    Hi KPM, I find your posts interesting, informative and above all civil. I enjoy you posts and would welcome more of your thoughts on any subject!

Unfortunately there are those who participate on this forum who are wolves in sheeps clothing, they protest in such a way as to put themselves in a good light, but really they create more trouble than those who are alledgedly the trouble makers.
    Thank You. I just try to be truthful and respectful. It serves no purpose really to do otherwise. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Well, I will since if I respond it is me that gets reported.
    It is the rules. some just don't follow them.
    It's all pretty childish IMO to stalk and provoke others.
    So, I choose to block the nasty comments.
    Who needs that ?

Who needs that ?
    Pal you should always do whats best for you. I was not trying to convince you to change your mind-just passing on how I handle the same thing. Whatever works for you keep doing it.

Who needs that ?
    well basically you don't get pulled into the bull. just ignore it or politely respond back...."thanks" or whatever.....this will forestall any confrontations.....

No posters should be intimidating anyone to not have their say. Hopefully no one is feeling intimidated. All should be here to support each other, to promote ELVIS..... and to especially encourage and help the newer ELVIS fans.

Okay...that is my two cents...taking my arthritic bones down off my ELVIS soapbox.

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    No posters should be intimidating anyone to not have their say. Hopefully no one is feeling intimidated. All should be here to support each other, to promote ELVIS..... and to especially encourage and help the newer ELVIS fans.

Okay...that is my two cents...taking my arthritic bones down off my ELVIS soapbox.

Beautifully said, Carole.

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post

I agree and it is in the site rules.

Yes all of you, the young and the old share your opinions. I,myself enjoy reading all kind of threads although I've just joined you in here I've reading threads outside of the window
    TCB, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS611 View Post
    Maybe its just me, but it seems to be that everytime I read a post its always the same members that reply. Maybe again that's because they know it all and we don,t. ELVIS, is , was , and always will be for everyone full stop. That's the way ELVIS wanted it and GOD bless him that's the way it is. Please instead of texting between yourselves encourage younger and non members to have their say.

Thank you for saying this.I feel the same way.Im not an expert on Elvis',but I do want to learn from the group.

GH19
    "Man,I just work here"
    EP 1968 ComaBack

I think it's very simple really, I don't block anyone and read everything. If I feel I have something to say about a post I do and if I don't, I don't.

I try to respect everyone, hope I do.

Diane

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12