Thread: A haircut between shows

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    We're talking about June 25th, 1974 (Columbus, Ohio). While surfing the internet I noticed some weird pictures with Elvis all taken the same day. One from before the show, one during the show and one after the show. Notice the extreme difference between his haircuts. It seems like Elvis had a haircut directly after the show

Before the show

During the show:

After the show:

By the way, it would be real cool if Elvis would have done some shows keeping his eyeglasses on. I really think they looked cool on him.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Coming On Strong
    Wow, I hope it looked better after it dried, lol!!!! I must say though, I never really cared for his hair longer like in the before pics.

Lisa

I think it's just a difference of being "sweat drenched" after giving a physically exhausting concert.

EP's hair was typical 70's stuff. One must always remember the prism that we are focusing thru on Elvis - frozen in the 70's. In that perspective, his on & off-stage attire, hair, jewelry, etc., ..... can all be kept within the context of the era. Back then, as always, he was the epitome of "COOL."

Just remember, how many of us can pull out our own old pictures and say the same. All thinks considered, I think that EP has faired well against the test of time - as has his music.

- Capt. "EL."

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    I think his hair was real cool in the 70s (especially when you compare it with other famous stars in that decade), but it looked pretty horrible most of the time in '76 and '77.

But on that picture from after the show, Elvis' hair looked great also. Kinda like in the rehearsals of TTWII: peaky and careless. Cool!
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Roustabouts
    I agree, Albert.

I've never liked Elvis' haircuts from 76-77.

He had far too much on top.

Btw, have any of you noticed just how quickly Elvis' hair grew? If you look at the karate film from This Is Elvis and then have a butchers at the photos on the Dragonheart cd, it's amazing to see the difference!

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Andrew, I've thought that very thing as well. Think of how much his hair looked to have grown between the July 1970 rehearsals and the shows filmed for TTWII--it's quite noticeable and that's a very short amount of time!

Lisa, I agree with you about those pics. I don't think his hair looked bad in the "before" pics, but generally speaking, in the seventies he looked a lot better with his bangs down, IMHO.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Backstage Pass
    Adelaide, South Australia...Where the best wine in the world is made:Where we make the Pontiac GTO:

Smile What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    We're talking about June 25th, 1974 (Columbus, Ohio). While surfing the internet I noticed some weird pictures with Elvis all taken the same day. One from before the show, one during the show and one after the show. Notice the extreme difference between his haircuts. It seems like Elvis had a haircut directly after the show

Before the show

During the show:

After the show:

By the way, it would be real cool if Elvis would have done some shows keeping his eyeglasses on. I really think they looked cool on him.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Albert, what happened to the pics mate...
    Redroo

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Sorry, Redroo, but a year and four months is what happened, and the links aren't good anymore.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Backstage Pass
    Adelaide, South Australia...Where the best wine in the world is made:Where we make the Pontiac GTO:

Smile Bugga

Am I that late...bugga...
    Redroo