Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Elvis On Tour - what was actually filmed?

  1. #21

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by King_Creole View Post
    I don't assume, I know, (I have official documentation on this info),
    Then, please post it here, or supply a URL link as a reference.

    Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    Have you actually been inside the vaults?
    Have you?
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  2. #22
    TCB Mafia poormansgold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Julian, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote:
    I have no idea where you got this information from but this is completely wrong. RCA has all four shows complete in their NY city vaults gathering dust and aging.

    It's In Indanaplois Vaults, The Sony/BMG( RCA )Valts not in NY City,
    I think only two Shows they Recorded.
    Tom
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

  3. #23
    TCB Mafia poormansgold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Julian, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,275
    All Music Sony/BMG(RCA) Have are in Indanaplois, In. Since late 1940's, they had another vaults In Los Angeles or In Hollywood, That's most Soundtracks was hold into, they close that in 1980's, Move Music in Indanaplois Vaults.
    Tom
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

  4. #24
    TCB Mafia EP75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,060
    The music is all in NY City in underground bomb proof vaults. This is a FACT.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

    Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

  5. #25

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    The music is all in NY City in underground bomb proof vaults. This is a FACT.
    Reference, URL link please?

    Oh, and the reason I'm asking is because I don't actually know where the stuff is stored, so I'd like an actual reference for confirmation.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  6. #26
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    What's your source for this list?



    Rumour, rumour, rumour only! There has never been any verified proof of this, not to mention the fact that not one millisecond of "professional footage" from MSG has emerged in 35 years. Not even a screengrab.



    Only by Japanese television, not MGM cameras or any film company!

    Rumour again! And "a collector" is not a credible source, sorry. (See below from ruggishboo - there was no show on January 23rd!!)

    You forgot to mention the rehearsal footage where Elvis is wearing that long light blue jacket with the dark blue stripes. On the On Tour outtakes video, he starts to sing Burning Love with the words to For The Good Times. A snippet of this day's footage is seen in On Tour, ie when he gets on an elevator carrying a cane, and a couple of other seconds. Anyone know when this was fillmed?
    MGM is not the only professional film company in the world-professionals are people and companys which do it for a living-so A Japanese televison company would in deed be a professional company which films things. They may have not been fully "authorized" to film but they were professionals none the less.

  7. #27
    TCB Mafia EP75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Reference, URL link please?

    Oh, and the reason I'm asking is because I don't actually know where the stuff is stored, so I'd like an actual reference for confirmation.
    Sometimes there are no links or evidence to prove online. Sometimes things come as they are and are found through history or media coverage from the past. I saw EP in concert at 3 years old. Do I need proof or a "link" to show evidence of this? Of course not. That's why I laugh whenever someone thinks you have to have a link or evidence to prove things.

    Here's something to note that may or may not have a link for evidence. Back in 2001 right after 911 there was actual concerns that the underground vault where EP's catalog is kept could be damaged due to flooding since the location of the BMG-RCA headquarters were close by to ground zero and underground pipes were bursting from the collapse and destruction of the towers.

    Sometimes the news is the only source.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

    Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

  8. #28

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    MGM is not the only professional film company in the world-professionals are people and companys which do it for a living-so A Japanese televison company would in deed be a professional company which films things. They may have not been fully "authorized" to film but they were professionals none the less.
    I did not suggest the Japanese TV film wasn't professional. alstrada had listed this under his "filmed by MGM" list, which was clearly erroneous.

    Professional: movie companies, TV companies. That's all really, for the purposes of discussing Elvis. If it is unauthorised, then it can't be professional. It may be professional in technique, but not in the release of the final product.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  9. #29

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    I saw EP in concert at 3 years old. Do I need proof or a "link" to show evidence of this? Of course not.
    Your point?

    You said that the music being in NYC vaults is fact (like the Graceland highway story or the MM banned from Graceland yarn) yet you offer only the theory that you read it or maybe heard it somewhere. If it is indeed fact, then BMG, EPE or whomever should have it on file, or be able to confirm it, yes?

    So ... please contact them if you like, and post their reponse.

    News may indeed sometimes be the only source. It doesn't mean it's always accurate.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  10. #30
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    I did not suggest the Japanese TV film wasn't professional. alstrada had listed this under his "filmed by MGM" list, which was clearly erroneous.

    Professional: movie companies, TV companies. That's all really, for the purposes of discussing Elvis. If it is unauthorised, then it can't be professional. It may be professional in technique, [B]but not in the release of the final product.[/B]
    Exactly that is my point. I could not care less if its authorised or not. (I don't think anyone else is either)-but we are all interested in whether the finished product is "professional in technique" and that is my point. If its authorized by MGM, RCA, CBS etc does not matter to me-the picture quality and clarity do. "Authorization" does not change quality of product.
    If 4 songs by Japanese professional filmakers is clear and crisp but not authorized I don't care-the quality of professional filmakers is all I want to see. That is my point.

  11. #31
    TCB Mafia poormansgold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Julian, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    The music is all in NY City in underground bomb proof vaults. This is a FACT.
    They was there one time , they move them to Inadanaplois Vaults in 1950's and anothers music in 1980's
    Tom
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

  12. #32
    TCB Mafia poormansgold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Julian, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,275
    Ernst almost in tears!:
    The lost (destroyed) Elvis tapes
    EIN recently received an enquiry (thank you, Robert) asking why BMG had not released alternate takes of the following tracks:

    Blue suede shoes
    All shook up
    Don't be cruel
    Hound dog

    As a result of the enquiry we did some detective work to answer the question. The following pieces of information (principally from the Elvis Collectors messageboard) illuminated our research:
    "An element of the unknown shrouds any account of the Sun session masters, which yielded a batch of world-changing tracks, including "Good Rockin' Tonight" and "Mystery Train." Presley was an 18-year-old truck driver when he began the recordings in July 1954, and a year later he had enough momentum to catch the attention of RCA, which paid $35,000 to Phillips to buy out Elvis's contract.

    That sale included all of Phillips's master tapes. He delivered 15, and RCA turned them into cash right away. Before the label released its own string of hits with Presley, starting with "Heartbreak Hotel," it re-released his Sun material, which, with the added heft of a national publicity campaign, rose higher than they had the first time around. According to Jorgensen, RCA then stashed the masters in a warehouse in Indianapolis, near the company's manufacturing plant.

    About nine of those tapes were destroyed in 1959 when someone in upper management decided to save money on storage costs by tossing out thousands of reels. They had copies, after all. Who cared? "I talked to some of the men who were at the plant back then," Jorgensen says. "I wanted to cry when they told me about it. I couldn't bring myself to ask how they destroyed them."

    Negligence and luck saved the surviving six, which either were mislabeled in Indianapolis or kept in a Nashville storage facility that was spared an austerity program. Those six are kept in a climate-controlled vault built into a mountain in Pennsylvania.
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

  13. #33
    International Level
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Your point?

    You said that the music being in NYC vaults is fact (like the Graceland highway story or the MM banned from Graceland yarn) yet you offer only the theory that you read it or maybe heard it somewhere. If it is indeed fact, then BMG, EPE or whomever should have it on file, or be able to confirm it, yes?

    So ... please contact them if you like, and post their reponse.

    News may indeed sometimes be the only source. It doesn't mean it's always accurate.

  14. #34
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932
    [QUOTE=Getlo;146180]Your point?

    You said that the music being in NYC vaults is fact (like the Graceland highway story or the MM banned from Graceland yarn) yet you offer only the theory that you read it or maybe heard it somewhere. If it is indeed fact, then BMG, EPE or whomever should have it on file, or be able to confirm it, yes?

    So ... please contact them if you like, and post their reponse.

    News may indeed sometimes be the only source. It doesn't mean it's always accurate.[/QUOTE]
    This is indeed the case-things reported as 100% fact are found out to be not correct everyday-and visa versa.

  15. #35
    TCB Mafia EP75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,060
    Poormansgold-Yes back in the 80's the tapes were in Indianapolis only because that was their headquarters at the time. hence the reason the football stadium was named RCA Dome. But in the late 90's the tapes were all shipped to NY from both Indianapolis and Los Angeles and stored in an underground vault that is supposed to be bomb proof. The temperature is kept like a morgue from my understanding due to deterioration and distortion which was building on audio tapes before they moved them to a safer location.

    Getlo, I never said that stuff about the highway was true. I said it was reported by the media back years ago. Lakeisha said she heard from those around Memphis. And some other poster (I Believe it was Presley31) said she too heard of this. So it's not like I made it up out of the blue. As I said before, some things have no link or evidence to prove online. Sometimes you have to give a person the benefit of the doubt. Just because some have not heard something that others have heard does not necessarily make it incorrect or fabricated.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

    Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

  16. #36
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932
    Here is an Ernst Jorgenson answer to a question he got in 2002 about EOT material:
    Q ? What about ?On Tour? material?

    E.J - ?On Tour? is a little bit complicated. Obviously everybody, including Roger and I, thought that this would be the year. Especially when Turner recreated TTWII it was with hope of critical acclaim and financial rewards for Turner and although I think TTWII has done fairly well it was never a big commercial success. And talking about an investment and recreating TTWII for 1.3 or 1.4 Million dollars financing ?On Tour? on the back of something that didn?t sell well ? and to a lot of commercial peoples thinking it?s somewhat better than ?On Tour? ? it?s a younger Elvis, a leaner Elvis in TTWII.
    They are very nervous about putting out ?On Tour? and spending the same kind of money.
    So they are trying to find a way to make ?Elvis On Tour? available in digital format but it?s not going to be a restoration for scratch like TTWII.
    The reason why we haven?t put out anything on either FTD or RCA at this time is that we would ideally like to do it with them. So we are giving them a little more time but eventually if they don?t come around, we will release the material that we have which is pretty substantial. Nothing that you can?t guess what it is.
    There is a lack of confidence in ?Elvis On Tour?s commercial potential but it?s a shame as, maybe Elvis doesn?t look as good as in TTWII material, but the stuff I have seen.. There is an hour?s worth of Elvis in a recording studio and a lot of people would like to see that. E.J - I think there is a very good chance (of the DVD material being released through FTD) but it takes time and the one thing that is a killer here is that when you do something on CD you know what you have to pay to the artist, record company and copyrighter but the DVD being a new medium - you have to negotiate from scratch. And I?m not exaggerating when I say there will be people coming in asking for $1000 for the use of a song as an advance but they will be someone coming in asking for a million. This is what happened with "Are You Lonesome Tonight" on TTWII. At the last minute the owner came in at the asking for so much money. Everybody needs to be paid the same; otherwise everybody will increase their price and make it unworkable.

  17. #37
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932
    Here is another question asked of Jorgenson about Elvis's music and the vaults:

    Q-Detail the detective work you?ve had to execute for Sony/BMG and your FTD releases to locate Elvis released and unreleased material.

    EJ-In the early Nineties, I got to know exactly what tapes were in the RCA vaults. And that is still the most fascinating story because nobody knew. There were two things they didn't know. They didn't know what they had and they didn't know what they had lost. So when we eventually established what they had we went in to examine what was lost. There was a guy named Bruce Hailstalk who ran the tape vault, and he was the keeper of the vault in New York. There were vaults in other places, in Nashville, in Indianapolis and in Los Angeles. He was one of those people who kept everything. He had shipping paperwork going way back. He was the one who had to break the news to me that in 1959 the president of RCA Records thought he'd save some money on warehouse spending so he dumped literally ten thousand tapes including the tapes with the outtakes of most of Elvis' Fifties repertoire and even some of the masters. Just to save a buck. That was one headache. Another thing I did with Bruce, even after he left, was to meticulously go over and find every trace of paperwork about tapes that were once at the company but no longer there. I'd try to find out when their paper trail stopped, which would indicate when it got lost and where it could have gotten lost. Sometimes you'd find some stuff at the other vaults. I also had to go outside of the company and find people who were involved at the time. Eventually you find people who knew something about somebody and some of the tapes would turn up again.

  18. #38
    TCB Mafia poormansgold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Julian, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,275
    There thousands Musics still In Indianapolis Vaults, alot them Unknown Still, Col. Tom Parker had alot soundboards Thats was his own Collection after his death or after law suit, some them Sold off by EPE in 1983 or 84, To pay The Bills On Graceland up keep, That's Cilla opening It To us To Enjoy
    That's We had alot bootlegs of soundboards Today and in 1990's
    I'm not 100% right, I know That there Still music In Indianapolis WE don't know about.
    Tom
    Last edited by poormansgold; 10-08-2007 at 08:58 PM.
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

  19. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Then, please post it here, or supply a URL link as a reference.

    Getlo ...

    Unfortunately, My scanner isn't working anymore, and by god, I would have loved to scan the paperwork and prove once and for all, that what I posted is accurate and well informed.

    When I post info, I believe it's absolutely crucial to be consistant and precise as possible. I don't believe in gimmicks or any other attention seeking posts, (ring a bell?), or threads just for the sake of causing a commotion.

    Apparently, someone reported me, (again), and it's all because I tell the truth and try and stear away from the fallacious bullcrap that is constantly being spread over this great messageboard.

    I do highly suggest though, if you can find a copy of Joseph A. Tunzi's excellent book, "Elvis Sessions II", or "Elvis Sessions III", all the info I provided is completely documented in these books as well ...

    Good Luck !

  20. #40

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    Getlo, I never said that stuff about the highway was true.
    No, of course you didn't!

    From another thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    I guess many of you have no idea that back in 1980 the city wanted to buy the home and bulldoze it to run a new massive highway expansion through that area. Priscilla saved it by pitching the idea to the city that opening Graceland to the public as a national tourist attraction would bring in money to the city that they hadn't seen in a while and the city needed it at the time. Just as the city need these upcoming changes to improve their struggling economy. This along with the fact that Lisa had nothing to fall back on from her dad's life or the money. So the financial problems would be settled with what EPE could make off of tours. The estate didn't even have the money back then to purchase the land to the north of the mansion as they have today and had to settle for turning the strip mall into the plaza.

    These were the only real reasons why the mansion was opened to the public back in 1982 at a cost of $5 million for operation.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. was opening night 69 filmed?
    By jason7890 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 09:04 PM
  2. What were these Bean clips filmed for?
    By Johnny in forum Off topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 06:39 PM
  3. 1969 - Press conference was filmed?
    By Maikcool in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 03:21 PM
  4. pittsburg filmed?
    By ralph in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 08:49 PM
  5. Filmed concerts?
    By peter in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •