Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: why didn't elvis asked linda to marry instead of ginger??

Loving elvis

why didn't elvis asked linda to marry instead of ginger??

I was always wondering why didn't elvis ask Linda who stood by his side through the 5 years they were togther??

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    I was always wondering why didn't elvis ask Linda who stood by his side through the 5 years they were togther??
    at the time when he proposed to ginger, linda had already left him ...

apart from this, only ginger claims he proposed to her. this rumour AFAIK has never been verified by members of the MM oder others close to elvis.

i do doubt it. i guess after he got ripped off by priscilla he did not really think about another marriage any more, otherwise probably linda would he been the candidate.

hugs, ellie
    Last edited by EDOEP; 10-04-2007 at 11:48 AM. Reason: addendum
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

he never intended to marry Ginger...he only did it and bought her expensive jewelry, etc. to pacify her. His jeweler is the one who suggested he use the big diamond out of his TCB Ring because elvis wanted to give her a ring "right away" and couldn't wait for the jeweler to order one - the jeweler then later replaced the 11 carat diamond in the tcb ring.......but Elvis was just trying to pacify her.....from what I understand - she was another one who was with him just for what she could get for herself and her family.......(sorry to those that like Ginger - only going by what I've read from those who were around at the time)

Quote Originally Posted by EDOEP View Post
    apart from this, only ginger claims he proposed to her. this rumour AFAIK has never been verified by members of the MM oder others close to elvis.
    Actually, Charlie said he was there when the proposal happened ... for what that's worth.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Loving elvis
    good points, what was so special with ginger??, its not like she stood by him like linda did

maybe he wanted to relive his younger days again?

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Actually, Charlie said he was there when the proposal happened ... for what that's worth.
    he was present? cannot remember he said so, but i am far from knowing all interviews with all MM members. do you happen to remember in what interview he stated so? always try to complete my files.

i agree he maybe is not the most reliable source... especially since charlie to my knowledge was less around than other MMs as he toured with other singers than elvis as well. read that in an interview with lindalee wakely (available on EWJ), the daughter of jimmy wakely, whom charlie performed with.

plus i do doubt that elvis would have publicly proposed ... i mean, that's a pretty private issue, isn't it? so if he ever mentioned possible marriage in public, it was either a joke or - as mentioned below by skimms 2 - just an appeasement strategy.

hugs, ellie
    Last edited by EDOEP; 10-04-2007 at 12:12 PM. Reason: typo correction
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

Quote Originally Posted by EDOEP View Post
    he was present? cannot remember he said so, but i am far from knowing all interviews with all MM members. do you happen to remember in what interview he stated so? always try to complete my files.
    Remember, I said Charlie said he was there ... it doesn't make it so.

I believe he mentioned this in his book. But I may be wrong, as I've tried to block this piece of crap out of my mind.

Anyone?

Also, I think Geoge Klein "confirmed" it in some of his things. Again, anyone?
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Loving elvis
    I did read that charlie was there, but can't remember where.

I don't think Elvis had any intention of marrying again after his divorce. Had he lived maybe someone else may have made him change his mind we'll never know.

Diane

hmm, I read that Ginger said Elvis proposed to her in the bathroom... Was Charlie really there too?? Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Backstage Pass
    Ive always asked myself that question as well...Linda did stand by his side for a couple of years.She genuinely cared about him and loved him as much as a woman could love a man.But theres only so much a woman can take,after 5 years of no change in him i bet it took its toll.But in my opinion,if it was between Linda and Ginger becoming the new Mrs.Presley? Well, Linda definately would of had my vote.

Yes Ginger said he proposed in the bathroom/lounge area. I don't think Charlie was there. Charlie may have been there when Elvis called the jeweler and wanted a special ring for Ginger (hence him using the tcb diamond until he could get it replaced)......but I don't think he was in the bathroom when Elvis proposed.....and not trying to be rude here....but she claims he got down on one knee.......ummmm in his last years.....I just don't even think he could've done that......not trying to be rude but he was having all sorts of problems....they did say he was getting cortisone injections which is a steroid and would have been a major reason he was so bloated.....(remember like Jerry Lewis was not long ago? because of the steroid medication he was on)

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dovey View Post
    hmm, I read that Ginger said Elvis proposed to her in the bathroom... Was Charlie really there too?? Dovey
    Makes me wonder if Elvis was yelling "Charlie...hurry up and get it all out man...I gotta propose to this chick before the jewelry store closes" KIDDING!!!!!!
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

yep, Bossman that explains it perfectly to me !!! Sure glad you have a since of humor!!!
    No wonder Good Time Charlie Had the Blues. Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

MissyM
    Linda has said that she wanted marriage and children. I don't think Elvis wanted more children. Therefore he never would have married again. As young as Ginger was, I'd think she would have wanted some children too.

Carole, BBM lol. Did Ginger Snap when Charlie wouldn't get out? Aw, I know that's lame, just had to try.

Diane

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    Linda has said that she wanted marriage and children. I don't think Elvis wanted more children. Therefore he never would have married again. As young as Ginger was, I'd think she would have wanted some children too.
    Elvis talked about kids with Linda. He wanted a boy.

Mad Tigers
    I saw Linda on TV a few months ago and she said something about wanting to marry Elvis but that he didn't want to until towards the end of the relationship. She was already over it by then. I don't understand why everyone hates Ginger though. She doesn't have any books out or anything like that to make money off of her relationship with E. I would kind of like to hear more about her life with Elvis.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryx View Post
    Elvis talked about kids with Linda. He wanted a boy.
    why didn't he have a child with her than is my answer or did elvis tell this to every girlfriend??

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    why didn't he have a child with her than is my answer or did elvis tell this to every girlfriend??
    Lindas a goold Southern Girl....I would presume she may have wanted at that stage in the 70's to be married to the father of her children. I don't know for sure why they didn't have a kid, that may be a reason. Linda would be the best person to ask

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast