Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cashing in off Elvis

Cashing in on Elvis

I find very disgusting how some people around him at the time turned Elvis into a way of making big money no matter what it took and how some others did it after he died knowing that then no one could stop them. From his manager that didn?t care at all what Elvis physical condition was, let a diying man work and kept booking him for more tours just to get his 50% to his ex-wife who saw heaven opening in front of her after he died cashing in on her failed marriage and her position as executor of the estate that keeps working for her 30 YEARS AFTER HIS DEATH.
    Those are my two choices. Who do you think has cashed in the most off Elvis?
    Last edited by Donut; 10-01-2007 at 03:31 PM.

there are too many to list, the MM, ex girlfriends, or supposed ex girlfriends, his ex wife, his maid, anyone who was in contact with him pretty much. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad these books (well some of them) are out there, so we can learn more about him, but let's get real, how much can a person write about? Coming out with more than one book i.e. Joe Esposito, Sonny West, just don't see what else they can possibly say that hasn't already been said.....if that makes any sense.

In the beginning it was the Colonel who cashed in on Elvis the most but ultimately, Priscilla has gotten the most of all.

Diane

Loving elvis
    I have to say l think priscilla and the MM did alot of cashing in on elvis, but thats just my opinion.

MissyM
    The big difference is that the MM worked for what they got. Pricilla did not, other than raising Lisa, which she deserved that. Would any of you hurt Elvis's feelings by turning down a gift he wanted to give you? No, I don't think so. How about the chance to work for him? No, I doubt that too.
    As for the books written, that's a whole different subject.

I think the MM has got very little comparing the Col. and his most diligent pupil, Elvis ex-wife. The majority of the MM have managed to get and extra money off Elvis from time to time while having their own jobs but since the death of Elvis his ex-wife has secured herself a position in all related Elvis and all the money that gives. And before someone jumps up with the "there was almost no money left and she started it all for her daughter" I?ll say I don?t care at all what her monetary problems were and can?t care less about EPE. EPE is just a business, don?t confuse it with Elvis.

Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    Would any of you hurt Elvis's feelings by turning down a gift he wanted to give you? No, I don't think so.
    I'd probably have accepted it ... just so long as it wasn't one of his "I'm sorry" gifts when he hurt people.

How about the chance to work for him? No, I doubt that too.
    There is not enough money in the world that would make me take a job working for Elvis. No way, no how!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I agree 100% with your post Donut.

Diane

Loving elvis
    To be quite honest who hasn't cashed in on elvis?? It seems that everybody been cashing in.

The big difference is that the MM worked for what they got. Pricilla did not, other than raising Lisa, which she deserved that. Would any of you hurt Elvis's feelings by turning down a gift he wanted to give you? No, I don't think so. How about the chance to work for him? No, I doubt that too.
    As for the books written, that's a whole different subject.
    you got that right.....the MM lived Elvis - 24/7. They neglected their wives/children for Elvis. It became a battle for them all because of this. They loved Elvis very much, they wanted to protect Elvis. Did you know as early as 1968 Priscilla and Elvis were estranged? They were going to separate, but they decided to give it another try. She was cheating on him too at this point with her dance instructor. (not that I blame her okay?) Anyways, I have a new respect for the MM after learning alot of what they did. And you are right, if someone were to offer you an expensive gift, would you turn it down? Do you know that some of the MM tried and Elvis would get mad? How can cars can one person own? They turned him down and he would get mad - one time he got mad and gave the vehicle to the car salesman. Other time he gave them to the plumbers/electricians who were working on his ranch in MS. He did not like to be told no.

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    you got that right.....the MM lived Elvis - 24/7. They neglected their wives/children for Elvis. It became a battle for them all because of this. They loved Elvis very much, they wanted to protect Elvis. Did you know as early as 1968 Priscilla and Elvis were estranged? They were going to separate, but they decided to give it another try. She was cheating on him too at this point with her dance instructor. (not that I blame her okay?) Anyways, I have a new respect for the MM after learning alot of what they did. And you are right, if someone were to offer you an expensive gift, would you turn it down? Do you know that some of the MM tried and Elvis would get mad? How can cars can one person own? They turned him down and he would get mad - one time he got mad and gave the vehicle to the car salesman. Other time he gave them to the plumbers/electricians who were working on his ranch in MS. He did not like to be told no.
    I agree

but, still they all (including Priscilla...well, that's the truth, although I am a fan of hers ) sure made and are still making money on Elvis.
    It's a fact.

MissyM
    Giving made him happy, now ya just gotta ask yourself, "If it did, Why was Priccy so against it?" Elvis understood having nothing and he shared his good fortune with those who he knew grew up like he did. It was his right to decide who deserved it though, because he earned it. Not Cilla or Vernon. And there were many ppl who asked and never got.

Giving made him happy, now ya just gotta ask yourself, "If it did, Why was Priccy so against it?" Elvis understood having nothing and he shared his good fortune with those who he knew grew up like he did. It was his right to decide who deserved it though, because he earned it. Not Cilla or Vernon. And there were many ppl who asked and never got.
    Once again Missy, you hit the nail on the head.....I think Vernon and Priscilla were against it for different reasons. Vernon wanted the money for himself and was afraid Elvis would run out. Priscilla, she just didn't want anybody around except Joe E. and his wife. Elvis did not know how to control money either though....he never thought it would run out I guess....he liked having a good time and if he wanted the MM along for the fun, he'd have to buy them the same stuff to keep up with him.....

Loving elvis
    Once again Missy, you hit the nail on the head.....I think Vernon and Priscilla were against it for different reasons. Vernon wanted the money for himself and was afraid Elvis would run out. Priscilla, she just didn't want anybody around except Joe E. and his wife. Elvis did not know how to control money either though....he never thought it would run out I guess....he liked having a good time and if he wanted the MM along for the fun, he'd have to buy them the same stuff to keep up with him.....
    sorry kelly but l disagree, priscilla didn't have a say in anything till they were married and than she spoke up about things, I think vernon was very right about giving elvis trouble about the money cause elvis spend money like it was going out of style with left him hardy no money left at the end. The MM were living off elvis and took things for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    sorry kelly but l disagree, priscilla didn't have a say in anything till they were married and than she spoke up about things, I think vernon was very right about giving elvis trouble about the money cause elvis spend money like it was going out of style with left him hardy no money left at the end. The MM were living off elvis and took things for granted.
    Jen, we'll agree to disagree....I think you are giving her and Vernon too much credit and not enough credit to the MM....but that's cool....I guess it depends on what you've read, etc. and the sources from which you read or saw it......

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    To be quite honest who hasn't cashed in on elvis?? It seems that everybody been cashing in.
    And wouldn't we all, if we had been in their shoes? I just say like E, "just walk a mile in my shoes/Before you abuse, criticize and accuse". I've never understood fully the hatred against the entourage and nor even this hate thread.

And if Elvis had listened to Vernon and Priscilla about his extreme spending he wouldn't have had to sell his back catalogue.

Just my two cents, now let the flaming commence ....

TCB Mafia
    Jen, we'll agree to disagree....I think you are giving her and Vernon too much credit and not enough credit to the MM....but that's cool....I guess it depends on what you've read, etc. and the sources from which you read or saw it......

The MM's books are written to put themselves in a good light. Hearing the other side of stories, well, you would feel how I do.

You know with regard to the cars, that one of the MM said there was something wrong with one of his cars, hoping to get a new one? This story is from a friend of Charlie's.

Kim

I agree Jen, Vernon was looking out for Elvis and I don't believe it was just for selfishness. Elvis was spending way too much. If he had listened to Vernon, Graceland wouldn't have been in the financial shape it was when he died. Elvis simply did not have a good head when it came to money.

There is no way that I'm ever going to take what the MM say as God's truth. I think there is a lot of jealousy and misplaced resentment towards Elvis with that bunch.

Diane

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I agree Jen, Vernon was looking out for Elvis and I don't believe it was just for selfishness. Elvis was spending way too much. If he had listened to Vernon, Graceland wouldn't have been in the financial shape it was when he died. Elvis simply did not have a good head when it came to money.

There is no way that I'm ever going to take what the MM say as God's truth. I think there is a lot of jealousy and misplaced resentment towards Elvis with that bunch.

Diane
    Thank you diane, well said too

TCB Mafia

The MM were going on tour, neglecting their families (wives, playing up on them) for their own reasons, for the lifestyle (women and song) as the saying goes. This information comes from a friend of Elvis'.

Kelly, please read what I said re the cars. These guys, geez! All one faction of the MM do, is contradict each other, back stab each other (some aren't involved in this) self promote and justify. Shameful.

Kim

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast