Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cashing in off Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    The MM were living off elvis and took things for granted.
    I have to disagree on this one. They didn?t live off Elvis, they worked for Elvis and since he wanted them to be something like disciples/friends of his own fabricated world 24 hours a day he had to have them living in the same lifestyle. They took as much as he asked from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    You know with regard to the cars, that one of the MM said there was something wrong with one of his cars, hoping to get a new one? This story is from a friend of Charlie's.

Kim
    Are you talking to the same Charlie who got punched on the nose by Elvis because he said he deserved a car Elvis gave to other of them better?
    LOL re source.

The MM's books are written to put themselves in a good light.

And they are also written to counter the bull**** lies and allegations put out about them by devious fans who seek to alter the truth, and make Elvis out to be some kind of saint ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Loving elvis
    charlie was the best of out all them in my eyes

The MM were going on tour, neglecting their families (wives, playing up on them) for their own reasons, for the lifestyle (women and song) as the saying goes. This information comes from a friend of Elvis'.

Kelly, please read what I said re the cars. These guys, geez! All one faction of the MM do, is contradict each other, back stab each other (some aren't involved in this) self promote and justify. Shameful.

Kim
    okay Jess...thank you...I appreciate your input....there were actually several instances of the car situation....but you are right, depends on who you talk to as to what story you get.....so I certainly will not argue cause I'm certainly no expert. However, I'd hate to think that ALL the stuff said/written is lies. There has to be some truth in it don't you think?

Charlie also said one time when one of the guys quit, "good, more gravy train for us" when Elvis wasn't around. Then when Elvis came back...one of the guys made Charlie tell Elvis what he just said....Charlie wouldn't - so they told Elvis.....he wasn't happy. I like Charlie too....but don't make him into a saint too. They all got something out of Elvis...but I believe they also gave up their lives for him....they catered to his every whim because that is what elvis wanted.....that's just the life they were leading....it was "Elvis' world" and not the real world.......

The MM were going on tour
    That was part of their job!

neglecting their families (wives, playing up on them)
    Not all of them did that!

This information comes from a friend of Elvis'.
    Who???

All one faction of the MM do, is contradict each other
    Please provide specific examples and sources. On balance, there is far more in the MM's stories that matches each other than contradicts.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Let's face it, if any of the MM hadn't wanted to walk on the wild side with Elvis they could have left and lived in the real world at any time....they didn't because they loved every minute of it being associated with the "King" so now they look pretty cheap with their allegations to me.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Let's face it, if any of the MM hadn't wanted to walk on the wild side with Elvis they could have left and lived in the real world at any time....

Joe did.

Red did.

Jerry did.

Dick Grob did.

Marty Lacker did.

Gee Gee Gamble did.

Sonny did.

None of the MM, with the exception of Charlie, was working for Elvis 100% of the time.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Loving elvis
    Let's face it, if any of the MM hadn't wanted to walk on the wild side with Elvis they could have left and lived in the real world at any time....they didn't because they loved every minute of it being associated with the "King" so now they look pretty cheap with their allegations to me.

Diane
    l agree diane

They may have found out jobs temporarily but most came back like a moth to the flame and they all swooped back to cash in on Elvis every way they could.

Diane

They may have found out jobs temporarily but most came back like a moth to the flame and they all swooped back to cash in on Elvis every way they could.

Diane
    Diane, most of the time Elvis asked them to come back - he was used to them being around him all the time. They didn't beg him to come back, only person that did that was Joe. Joe was fired/quit and eventually called and asked if he could come back. It's not like they begged to come back - Elvis would ask them to.

Sooooo, couldn't they have said "NO"???????

Diane

okay guys...I give in....I know we'll never agree on this subject and that's cool. That's what makes the world go 'round right?

Once they started working elsewhere, they had a hard time fitting in to the "normal" world. So when Elvis wanted them back - they would go back. I'm sure the perks were worth it for them too....they were just so used to living in his world.

Sooooo, couldn't they have said "NO"???????
    Oh, for God's sake!

If you believe that real friends don't back stab each other, then surely you must think that real friends wouldn't turn down someone in need as well??

Elvis asked them to come back because he needed them and wanted them. They were his best friends and family.

If they've have said no, you would've been the first to condemn them with "How could they ignore Elvis in his hour of need? If they'd have gone back to him, maybe they could've looked after him!"

Honestly, if you're going to bag the MM all the time (which is your right, as blinkered as that may be), at least be fair on them!
    Last edited by Getlo; 10-01-2007 at 10:05 AM.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Loving elvis
    This is just another thing we don't agree on
    Last edited by presley31; 10-01-2007 at 10:03 AM.

Getlo, sometimes it's best to walk away from an alcoholic...same for drugs...as long as they were with Elvis they enabled him to continue in his self destructive ways. The book was way too late and the wrong way to go about it. They hit him when he was at his lowest point.

The MM need to take responsibility for their own lives and actions instead of dumping them all on Elvis now that he is gone....he had enough of his own to deal with.

Diane

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    I find very disgusting how some people around him at the time turned Elvis into a way of making big money no matter what it took and how some others did it after he died knowing that then no one could stop them. From his manager that didn?t care at all what Elvis physical condition was, let a diying man work and kept booking him for more tours just to get his 50% to his ex-wife who saw heaven opening in front of her after he died cashing in on her failed marriage and her position as executor of the estate that keeps working for her 30 YEARS AFTER HIS DEATH.
    Those are my two choices. Who do you think has cashed in the most off Elvis?
    Ummm.....Elvis I guess. He was grown man could have stopped.

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    sorry kelly but l disagree, priscilla didn't have a say in anything till they were married and than she spoke up about things, I think vernon was very right about giving elvis trouble about the money cause elvis spend money like it was going out of style with left him hardy no money left at the end. The MM were living off elvis and took things for granted.
    Vernon was scared of going broke. He was one mean sob. From kicking Charlie out of Graceland ( which I think Charlie deserved seeing as he was up there drinking coffee in the kitchen with Vernon doing nothing really after Elvis died) to kicking Billy Smith out of Graceland and keeping the furniture in the trailer. Elvis gave that trailer to Billy - Vernon never changed the name on the deed after Elvis asked him to put it in Billy's name. And to think Vernon spent time in jail with Billy's dad.

Vernon was one mean tight man.

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jth View Post
    And wouldn't we all, if we had been in their shoes? I just say like E, "just walk a mile in my shoes/Before you abuse, criticize and accuse". I've never understood fully the hatred against the entourage and nor even this hate thread.

And if Elvis had listened to Vernon and Priscilla about his extreme spending he wouldn't have had to sell his back catalogue.

Just my two cents, now let the flaming commence ....

Sorry....but Elvis HAD to sell it to PAY Priscilla the money for the divorce. Listen to her....the greedy woman demanded more money from him than what he originally agreed....and he agreed to the increase.

Priscilla is the reason for the sale of that back catalogue.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast