Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: No highway through Graceland - IT'S OFFICIAL

  1. #21
    Getlo, THANK YOU!
    My how some statement's change when confronted w/truth.
    I did same thing, except w/the claim Sillerman plans to buy Zippin Pippin, thread is in this section of forum. That to proved to not be correct.
    Kevin Kern won't even allow the person to get near Sillerman to even discuss it.lol
    You hit the nail on the head rocknroll...also individual has dual id's...I thought that was not allowed on forum? I know I don't allow on mine.

  2. #22
    Something just came to me, why would EPE lie about this? If it were true (which it isn't, never was), wouldn't they say yes because then they would be even bigger heroes, you know, great PR, we saved Graceland from demo by the City????

  3. #23

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    Lakeisha and her good buddy
    They are one and the same person (same IP address, at least according to some on here. I've no idea what an IP address is, but it all sounds very official!).

    Interesting that EP75 and Lakeisha are never here on the forum at the same time ...

    I will be interested in their / his / her response to the outcome of the highway business.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    282
    ... And The TRUTH shall Set You Free !!!

    This thread made my nite folks !!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You ...

    I guess the proof is really in the pudding !!! LMIAO !!!

  5. #25
    An ip address comes from your computer, provided by your internet server, for example, my cable company (cable box) for the net gave me an ip address...meaning, if something should happen and my server is contacted, by that number they can tell who I am, where I am and so forth. Same thing can be done if u have a person's ip, you can look them up on the web.
    I have info provided by another forum owner who has had problems w/this individual and banned them..showing this person logged in under 2 different names but same ip address.
    And yes, very interesting never on at same time, or posting at same time, if such great friends, why wouldn't "he" be here assisting to show "she" is telling the truth?
    Hi KingCreole. Claim about Zippin Pippin proved to go nowhere as well...not heard hide nor hair from this individual who posted the info from their "source".

  6. #26
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Creole View Post
    ... And The TRUTH shall Set You Free !!!

    This thread made my nite folks !!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You ...

    I guess the proof is really in the pudding !!! LMIAO !!!
    lol -------> King_Creole........you are really funny sometimes lol

  7. #27
    Mad Tigers
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Well, isn't the internet a great thing? I suppose I've contradicted myself here, but I ended up doing Lakeisha's work for her ... and contacted the Memphis Library myself. Now, I hope the question I asked here was clear and unambigious enough.
    Or perhaps I should get on a plane to Memphis, check the records myself, make copies, photograph them fly back to Australia, then post what I have seen, then get the records verified by a notary public ... etc
    I am just blown away by this whole thing. Let this be an end to the matter once and for all.


    September 28, 2007:

    Hello,
    I am hoping you can help me with a small question.
    Do you have any records in your achives that support the claim that the city of Memphis ever considered demolishing Graceland sometime in 1982 or thereabouts to make way for a highway?
    This would've happened around the time the house was open to the public, and some sources make this claim. I have already received a response from Elvis Presley Enterprises in the negative, but I need a response from the horses mouth as it were.
    Apparently, this may be listed under "Graceland Highway Project" or something like that in your archives.
    Or the suggestion may have been made at a council meeting or something.
    Thank you for your help in advance.
    xxxxxxxxxx,
    Sydney AUSTRALIA.


    And the reply: (there was no name attached to this email from MemphisPublicLibraryAskAQuestionService but the email reference given was [email protected]).


    Mr. xxxxxxxxxx:
    Thank you for your question. We have searched our Memphis Information File but did not find reference to any plans to demolish Graceland nor did we find any information regarding a proposed highway for the Whitehaven area.
    According to our file, thousands of tourists poured into the city to visit the home in August 1977 and they have been coming ever since.
    The file suggests that the city was aware in the years following 1977 of the impact Graceland had on local tourism and it is doubtful that there was ever a serious discussion about tearing the home down, even if they could have mustered the political will to try.
    We hope this answers your question and please let us know if we can be of further service.
    (Transferred from Unassigned to History Reference.)
    The whole idea is just absurd! Its funny more than anything. I do not believe it was EVER on the agenda nor have I ever heard of it. Demolishing Graceland?? ROFLMAO!!!!

  8. #28
    International Level Rover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    France
    Posts
    618
    What amazes me the most is...how can you people take this so seriously? It's just a detail about a highway. Graceland will never be destroyed, because of the fans, because of the money it makes. Maybe there was a vague project about that, maybe not, it doesn't matter since it will never come true!
    No need to argue over something like this IMHO...

  9. #29
    It's not the detail, its more the fact this person makes these claims, says they got info from this source, that source, etc...it's a long story...

  10. #30
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Thank you for this proof Getlo, the turth is here so no need in believing anything else.

  11. #31
    Tupelo Cake Donut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,063
    There goes again the link about the talking about the city of Memphis buying Graceland already in 77 to open it to the public on the news.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtatlq1-mA8
    _________________

  12. #32
    Cadillac King Gerianne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    IRELAND
    Posts
    339
    Thanks Getlo for getting the proof. I would find it very hard to believe that Graceland was ever considered for demolishing to make way for a highway. The fans would have gone crazy at that time if this had really come up.

    Lakeisha, if you have your own proof that says otherwise, then print it here because no-one is going to believe you unless you do this.
    ELVIS THE KING - TODAY TOMORROW & FOREVER

  13. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    memphis, tn
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    An ip address comes from your computer, provided by your internet server, for example, my cable company (cable box) for the net gave me an ip address...meaning, if something should happen and my server is contacted, by that number they can tell who I am, where I am and so forth. Same thing can be done if u have a person's ip, you can look them up on the web.
    I have info provided by another forum owner who has had problems w/this individual and banned them..showing this person logged in under 2 different names but same ip address.
    And yes, very interesting never on at same time, or posting at same time, if such great friends, why wouldn't "he" be here assisting to show "she" is telling the truth?
    Hi KingCreole. Claim about Zippin Pippin proved to go nowhere as well...not heard hide nor hair from this individual who posted the info from their "source".
    First of all, me and Jay proved we weren't the same person a long time ago at the E1 forum when we both happened to be on at the same time.

    In fact, I posted pics of me when I modeled at both forums so everyone could see then what I looked like. And I did it against the law because I was under an out of court agreement in a case settlement that I wouldn't post any perosnal modeling pics of me for a 5 year period.

    The reason for that was because I voided my contract illegally and was sued by my agency. There was too much drama goin on in my life for me to continue to model.

    I was livin in NY at the time and travelin around the world. I was barely online at that.

    Plus, Jay and I didn't get along at first. I mean, he had my back at times but he snapped at me once too. But we became friends because he saw how I was bein mistreated by certain ones as a black woman and because he was in an IR relationship as I am, it made him see things differently.

    As for this "fake" IP address BS saga.....I don't know how they did it or how it happened, but I can assure everyone we aren't the same. Someone hacked into that site and fixed this fake page of info of all IP addressed and posted it on the E1 forum and claimed me and Jay were the same.

    This same anonymous poster called Jay a straight up traitor after that too. So go figure.

    I received many PM's at both sites, including this one recently, in support of what was goin on. Unfortunately, nobody had the guts to stand up for me on the forums in fear of bein banned for it.

    Some told me that the collectors forum was a racist and biased place and that was why they never had my back or stopped the racial harassment. I even got called a monkey once and they did nothin. If that's not racism, then what is?

    Susan, what you posted about me can be held against you in the court of law. Rather it's true or not, which it aint, it is still personal business posted on a public message board and it can be considered as slander and you can be sued for it.

    So I advise you to watch what you post about me, or anybody else from now on, or you might wanna get a good lawyer. I'm serious too.

    As for me.....this is it. I;m through with all the accusations against me and callin me a fraud and liar. I bet half the posters on this forum are the same persons as well, if that's the case with me and Jay.

    It's all propaganda and favoritism.

  14. #34
    TCB Mafia Burning_Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England, uk
    Posts
    2,390
    Whoaaaa Whoaaa Whoaaaa..this is a friendly site !!!

  15. #35
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post
    First of all, me and Jay proved we weren't the same person a long time ago at the E1 forum when we both happened to be on at the same time.

    In fact, I posted pics of me when I modeled at both forums so everyone could see then what I looked like. And I did it against the law because I was under an out of court agreement in a case settlement that I wouldn't post any perosnal modeling pics of me for a 5 year period.

    The reason for that was because I voided my contract illegally and was sued by my agency. There was too much drama goin on in my life for me to continue to model.

    I was livin in NY at the time and travelin around the world. I was barely online at that.

    Plus, Jay and I didn't get along at first. I mean, he had my back at times but he snapped at me once too. But we became friends because he saw how I was bein mistreated by certain ones as a black woman and because he was in an IR relationship as I am, it made him see things differently.

    As for this "fake" IP address BS saga.....I don't know how they did it or how it happened, but I can assure everyone we aren't the same. Someone hacked into that site and fixed this fake page of info of all IP addressed and posted it on the E1 forum and claimed me and Jay were the same.

    This same anonymous poster called Jay a straight up traitor after that too. So go figure.

    I received many PM's at both sites, including this one recently, in support of what was goin on. Unfortunately, nobody had the guts to stand up for me on the forums in fear of bein banned for it.

    Some told me that the collectors forum was a racist and biased place and that was why they never had my back or stopped the racial harassment. I even got called a monkey once and they did nothin. If that's not racism, then what is?

    Susan, what you posted about me can be held against you in the court of law. Rather it's true or not, which it aint, it is still personal business posted on a public message board and it can be considered as slander and you can be sued for it.

    So I advise you to watch what you post about me, or anybody else from now on, or you might wanna get a good lawyer. I'm serious too.

    As for me.....this is it. I;m through with all the accusations against me and callin me a fraud and liar. I bet half the posters on this forum are the same persons as well, if that's the case with me and Jay.

    It's all propaganda and favoritism.
    Absolutely typical.

    There was nothing done illegal here by anyone.

    Now, I don't really think Lakeisha and Jay are the same person, really, but they both do the same thing as far as posting rumors and obsessions as fact and never coroborating any of it with links to factual information.

    If they just stop doing that, everything would be good.

  16. #36
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Staying out of it..

  17. #37
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    Whoaaaa Whoaaa Whoaaaa..this is a friendly site !!!
    Ouch------------> true

  18. #38
    International Level Rover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    France
    Posts
    618
    Hey....I'm kinda new here, I haven't followed this argument from the beginning, but there's something I'd like to say:
    I came to this forum because someone posted a link to rcb-world on the IMDB, when someone asked if there were any Elvis community. I said I had joined tcb-world, and someone answered:
    "The TCB-World board is crap. All they do is argue and p!ss over each other. Unless you enjoy censorship and their prescribed point-of-view regarding anything Elvis, find someplace else to go. " (ok that was a bit troll-ish)
    Yep, that's right, this forum has a bad reputation, and that is because of this kind of conversation. Of course everybody can't agree on everything all the time, but there are friendly and respectful ways to discuss about it. If someone talks bad about you, you ignore him or report him, that's how it works on the net if you want to build a good community. I haven't been here for long, but I've seen some really nice stuff here, the kind that made me proud to be an Elvis fan, so please don't ruin this. That was just my 2 cents, thanks for reading

  19. #39
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Hey....I'm kinda new here, I haven't followed this argument from the beginning, but there's something I'd like to say:
    I came to this forum because someone posted a link to rcb-world on the IMDB, when someone asked if there were any Elvis community. I said I had joined tcb-world, and someone answered:
    "The TCB-World board is crap. All they do is argue and p!ss over each other. Unless you enjoy censorship and their prescribed point-of-view regarding anything Elvis, find someplace else to go. " (ok that was a bit troll-ish)
    Yep, that's right, this forum has a bad reputation, and that is because of this kind of conversation. Of course everybody can't agree on everything all the time, but there are friendly and respectful ways to discuss about it. If someone talks bad about you, you ignore him or report him, that's how it works on the net if you want to build a good community. I haven't been here for long, but I've seen some really nice stuff here, the kind that made me proud to be an Elvis fan, so please don't ruin this. That was just my 2 cents, thanks for reading
    Nice post

  20. #40
    K. whatever Lakeisha...proof in the pudding. Wonder where your friend is now?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [outtakes] Long Lonely Highway
    By Albert in forum FTD (reviews and samples)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 10:25 PM
  2. Unchained's Long Lonely Highway Cover
    By alo in forum (alternate) Artwork discussion and Work-In-Progress
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-17-2005, 04:03 AM
  3. An endless highway
    By Little Sister in forum (alternate) Artwork discussion and Work-In-Progress
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 09:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •