Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 67

Thread: ..It's Hard To believe..

  1. #1
    TCB Mafia Burning_Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England, uk
    Posts
    2,390

    ..It's Hard To believe..

    I know, this has probably been posted sooooo many times but i had to say this.
    I was reading 'Elvis And Me' and when Priscilla is describing when she went back to Graceland, and upstairs to his room and could still smell his esscence.

    Then it hit me.

    He's gone.

    He is actually dead.

    Then i could not stop crying, i felt like an *****.

    I come on here, Tcb-world, and look at pictures of him, listen to music and talk about him, and believe he is alive. I weren't around when Elvis was, yet i still feel him here. I feel as if, when i watch TTWII, i am watching it as if it is on daytime television and everyone else is watching.

    It's a strange feeling.

    But i guess i like it.

    Then i realised, he is alive, through spirit.
    His songs speak to us, as he pours his heart and soul into them.
    The pictures have a story behind them.

    And the man remains a legend.

    Thank You.
    Danielle x

  2. #2
    International Level Rover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    France
    Posts
    618
    Thanks for putting this into words because I couldn't have...I feel like you, and I guess everybody out there feels the same. He's not here anymore but in a way, he is...That's very weird, very sad, but really great too.

  3. #3
    ksimms2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    2,408
    Danielle, you said that so perfectly...and yes...I feel same as you when I watch him, makes you feel like he is still alive....I haven't read Priscilla's book though. Thanks for posting this thread...it's very nice.

  4. #4
    TCB Mafia Burning_Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England, uk
    Posts
    2,390
    I'm Glad i am not the only one, Glad you all liked it, i did find it hard putting it into words, but i guess it all came from the heart.

  5. #5
    International Level jatta-tcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post

    Then it hit me.

    He's gone.

    He is actually dead.

    Then i could not stop crying, i felt like an *****.

    I come on here, Tcb-world, and look at pictures of him, listen to music and talk about him, and believe he is alive. I weren't around when Elvis was, yet i still feel him here. I feel as if, when i watch TTWII, i am watching it as if it is on daytime television and everyone else is watching.

    It's a strange feeling.

    But i guess i like it.

    Then i realised, he is alive, through spirit.
    His songs speak to us, as he pours his heart and soul into them.
    The pictures have a story behind them.

    And the man remains a legend.

    Thank You.
    Danielle x

    Guess what.. I have been thinking this same lately a lot. And I am glad that you have written it here.

    It is so unbelivable.. I have lately watched some of him movies and some concert stuff. And it really feel he would be still here with us.. it is so unbelivable. Yesterday I was watching my Comeback ?68 Deluxe Box.. and I couldn't have thought it all happened 39years ago. I cannot belivable but I have cried several times watching him...
    And when I finished reading "Elvis - the final years" book.. i couldn't help but cry..because I was so sad to read that he is really gone. Gone.. over 30 years ago already. It is so hard to put these feelings into words..



    But I am glad that can share these feelings with you...
    [CENTER]"The only time I can be me is when I walk through the door and lock it from the inside" -Elvis

  6. #6
    Cadillac King Jailhouse-Rocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    251
    ooo yeah! i was watching the Elvis By The Presleys and when it showed clips of him singing "my way" it really hit me that he was dead (body-wise) .. but like you so rightly said ... the passion he puts into his songs keeps his soul alive (don't mean to go all religious on people! cos i'm not lol)
    I've got those hup, two, three, four, occupation G.I. Blues, From my G.I. hair to the heels of my G.I. shoes

  7. #7
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    I know, this has probably been posted sooooo many times but i had to say this.
    I was reading 'Elvis And Me' and when Priscilla is describing when she went back to Graceland, and upstairs to his room and could still smell his esscence.

    Then it hit me.

    He's gone.

    He is actually dead.

    Then i could not stop crying, i felt like an *****.

    I come on here, Tcb-world, and look at pictures of him, listen to music and talk about him, and believe he is alive. I weren't around when Elvis was, yet i still feel him here. I feel as if, when i watch TTWII, i am watching it as if it is on daytime television and everyone else is watching.

    It's a strange feeling.

    But i guess i like it.

    Then i realised, he is alive, through spirit.
    His songs speak to us, as he pours his heart and soul into them.
    The pictures have a story behind them.

    And the man remains a legend.

    Thank You.
    Danielle x

    He may be dead, but he will always live in our hearts

    Don't worry I always cry like an ***** when I watch Unchained Melody live 1977, when he is sitting on the piano He put everything he had in that one...all the energy, the voice...everything.

    You know, he was such a beautiful person,I think he deserved to live more.

    ..and we the fans are still faithful (the older ones) and there are many new ones and young ones too. That is beautiful

    Thank you Danielle, that was sweet


  8. #8
    TCB Mafia Burning_Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England, uk
    Posts
    2,390
    Quote Originally Posted by marijaep View Post
    He may be dead, but he will always live in our hearts

    Don't worry I always cry like an ***** when I watch Unchained Melody live 1977, when he is sitting on the piano He put everything he had in that one...all the energy, the voice...everything.

    You know, he was such a beautiful person,I think he deserved to live more.

    ..and we the fans are still faithful (the older ones) and there are many new ones and young ones too. That is beautiful

    Thank you Danielle, that was sweet


    Thank You.
    I guess this is what Elvis does to us hey !


  9. #9
    Junior Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Reykjavík, Iceland
    Posts
    309
    I get pretty sad whenever I see footage from his funeral - however, never cried - guess I would cry my eyes out if I weren't male.

    Luckily he left all of us with his beautiful songs and his home (when I arrive there, for the first time, I'll propably do as most fans do - cry), and his legacy.

    However, I love your avatar Burning Love. Any chance of you giving me a url for the complete picture?

  10. #10
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Jth View Post
    I get pretty sad whenever I see footage from his funeral - however, never cried - guess I would cry my eyes out if I weren't male.

    Luckily he left all of us with his beautiful songs and his home (when I arrive there, for the first time, I'll propably do as most fans do - cry), and his legacy.

    However, I love your avatar Burning Love. Any chance of you giving me a url for the complete picture?
    That was very nice and honest


    P.S : Yes, Danielle has the sweetest avatar on the forum!!! Woo hooo

  11. #11
    TCB Mafia Burning_Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England, uk
    Posts
    2,390
    Glad you both like my avatar, i love it, so natural

    And Jth, your answer was very honest indeed.

  12. #12
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    Glad you both like my avatar, i love it, so natural

    And Jth, your answer was very honest indeed.
    heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!! lol
    Can we have the picture???? lol

    No, joking, sorry :

    Danielle, could you please post the pic here, please?

    Marija

  13. #13
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Elvis is sure missed, thank you burning for bring this thread up. I did read that in priscilla's book bought tears to my eyes. Like you all say he left us with some many wonderful memories and the the man and the lengend will never die in our hearts, he will be looking down and smiling cause he's got the best fans in the world and we got everything he left behind for us.

  14. #14
    Cadillac King Rising Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    440
    Hi,

    Perfectly said, Danielle
    I sometimes think about this too, and somehow it's hard to imagine him being dead and still live in a special way though
    I think Elvis is in heaven now and smiling down at us, I'm sure he's proud of still being loved by so many people.

    Rising Sun

  15. #15
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647
    Quote Originally Posted by rising_sun View Post
    Hi,

    Perfectly said, Danielle
    I sometimes think about this too, and somehow it's hard to imagine him being dead and still live in a special way though
    I think Elvis is in heaven now and smiling down at us, I'm sure he's proud of still being loved by so many people.

    Rising Sun
    Oh, i'm sure he's rockin' and rollin' up there in heaven! hehe

  16. #16
    TCB Mafia ForeverTheKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    3,450
    Elvis is still alive...in our HEARTS, as Marija said, and this is the most important thing

    I feel the same Danielle...

  17. #17
    TCB Mafia Burning_Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England, uk
    Posts
    2,390
    Here we go Marija, just for you :



    Thankyou Jen for your answer, your so right, he left us with some great memories of him.

  18. #18
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    Here we go Marija, just for you :



    Thankyou Jen for your answer, your so right, he left us with some great memories of him.

    (I hope i won't get banned because of using so many emotions lol, joking )

    Thanks!!!!

  19. #19
    TCB Mafia Burning_Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England, uk
    Posts
    2,390
    Awww thank you all for your answers, your all just like me, and that's why us Elvis fans should stick together to keep him alive, we are one big family, and i mean BIG !

  20. #20
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    Awww thank you all for your answers, your all just like me, and that's why us Elvis fans should stick together to keep him alive, we are one big family, and i mean BIG !
    yep yep
    Love this site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Here?s a Hard Rock One For You!
    By Raised on Rock in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 03:38 AM
  2. Hard for Elvis?
    By ElvisChick in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 05:36 AM
  3. Too many Elvis vinyls and hard to pick just one to play
    By curtis simpkins in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 09:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •