Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aloha Interview

Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    Thanks, for posting the link marija!
    Elvis loved wearing glasses and looked cool in them, but it would be great to see his eyes!

He does look nervous and not himself in this interview!

franny
    You are welcome Franny

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Back in the 70's it was cool to wear colored glasses, tinted. Elvis always talked that way, look at some of his earlier interviews back in the 50's you will see the same mannerisms.
    Thank you Tommy That clears up everything.
    Informative post about 70s fashion, hehe

Marija

Quote Originally Posted by marijaep View Post
    Thank you Tommy That clears up everything.
    Informative post about 70s fashion, hehe

Marija
    Yes, I used to have blue tinted glasses back then.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Yes, I used to have blue tinted glasses back then.
    hehehehehehehe Tommy you rock! lol

Loving elvis
    Great thread Marija, elvis looked cool in those glasses IMO.

hehehehehehehe Tommy you rock! lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    Great thread Marija, elvis looked cool in those glasses IMO.
    Thanks Jen, what do you think about the interview? were the drugs the problem or??

guys I've been reading "Revelations of the Memphis Mafia" and I wanted to comment on his sleeping habits vs. pills. Ever since he was a child he would have bad nightmares and he would sleep walk. he did not like going to sleep because of it -he would always have someone sleep in his room with him because of it. There were many times he would sleep walk and be fighting with something or someone and it got dangerous, they couldn't just go up to him and wake him up, they had to be careful because he'd swing at them or whatever weapon he picked up.....they say those sleeping pills he took - he started doing it so he could sleep and not have these nightmares......that seems to be how it started. Even as an adult - he would have nightmares......I know this is a bit off topic - but you were talking about being under the influence.......(sorry to interrupt)

Thanks Jen, what do you think about the interview? were the drugs the problem or??

He's most definitely "under the influence" here in this interview as well as the one from November 1972 at the Hawaiian Village hotel.

You don't know that for sure.

You don't know that for sure.

I know I don't know that for sure...but what other explanation (besides being totally exhausted and on a weird schedule) would you say is the reasoning behind Elvis slurring his words?

I'm not tryin' to start an argument...

*slowly walks out of thread*

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    guys I've been reading "Revelations of the Memphis Mafia" and I wanted to comment on his sleeping habits vs. pills. Ever since he was a child he would have bad nightmares and he would sleep walk. he did not like going to sleep because of it -he would always have someone sleep in his room with him because of it. There were many times he would sleep walk and be fighting with something or someone and it got dangerous, they couldn't just go up to him and wake him up, they had to be careful because he'd swing at them or whatever weapon he picked up.....they say those sleeping pills he took - he started doing it so he could sleep and not have these nightmares......that seems to be how it started. Even as an adult - he would have nightmares......I know this is a bit off topic - but you were talking about being under the influence.......(sorry to interrupt)
    You are not interrupting Kelly, not at all.
    That book you are reading seems very interesting to me...
    I should buy it one day
    Poor Elvis , he had some real problems..I always feel sorry for him when i read things like this. He made the mistake though, it's all his fault ...but still
    Thanks Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I know I don't know that for sure...but what other explanation (besides being totally exhausted and on a weird schedule) would you say is the reasoning behind Elvis slurring his words?

I'm not tryin' to start an argument...

*slowly walks out of thread*
    Tony...
    I am sure Tommy didn't mean anything bad.
    It's a fact that you can not know for sure. Look, I respect your opinion and i am thinking over it......all you said, trying to find the right answer. That's a real discussion ; See what other think and think about it yourself and try to find an answer that seems true to you.
    Last edited by marijaep; 09-25-2007 at 02:38 AM.

What we definitely know for sure is that part of Elvis's continuing charm was the shy vulnerability he manifest as a Southern Boy who grew up poor. No matter how much "bling" he wore he was still a stuttering polite poor southern guy.
    In every interview, from 56 onwards, Elvis stutters and slurs his words.
    Was he under the influence? Possibly. But after this watch the stand-up show footage from 68 Comeback Special edition, the guy mixes up the words to songs, makes mistakes etc. and the '68 Special is one where we all agree he was at his best.
    According to "Elvis Day by Day" the press conference was between the dinner and midnight shows on September 4th, the last night of his Vegas engagement, one which had included an extra 3am show the day previous. I'm guessing he was pretty tired and also pretty overwhelmed at what was being announced publically. It was also the month after his formal separation from Priscilla and the entering of their divorce action in the Santa Monica Superior Court. A lot going on in his private life, a long schedule of work coming to an end and a HUGE event on the horizon - I'd have been breathing heavy and slurring my words myself between shows!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis_Priestly View Post
    What we definitely know for sure is that part of Elvis's continuing charm was the shy vulnerability he manifest as a Southern Boy who grew up poor. No matter how much "bling" he wore he was still a stuttering polite poor southern guy.
    Was he under the influence? Possibly. But after this watch the stand-up show footage from 68 Comeback Special edition, the guy mixes up the words to songs, makes mistakes etc. and the '68 Special is one where we all agree he was at his best.
    According to "Elvis Day by Day" the press conference was between the dinner and midnight shows on September 4th, the last night of his Vegas engagement, one which had included an extra 3am show the day previous. I'm guessing he was pretty tired and also pretty overwhelmed at what was being announced publically. It was also the month after his formal separation from Priscilla and the entering of their divorce action in the Santa Monica Superior Court. A lot going on in his private life, a long schedule of work coming to an end and a HUGE event on the horizon - I'd have been breathing heavy and slurring my words myself between shows!
    I agree you state this beautifully

I never said he looked under the influence.....i said he looked very tired and was breathing heavy....I didn't really notice him slurring.....I did notice that he was saying, "sir" and being very respectful.

I realize that Tommy didn't mean anything bad....

I'm sure that Elvis was worn out because he had just finished doin' a very late show...

I think that the blame here partly lies with Colonel Parker for even scheduling the interview at the time that he did...he (Parker or whoever actually did schedule the interview) should have known better and should have scheduled the interview for a later time that morning when Elvis might have been more coherent and alert.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis_Priestly View Post
    That was along the lines l was thinking, very well said.

it was obvious he was on something. I've read somewhere that he was dragged out of bed as a last minute to promote the special. I know he was one something, cause lets just say it takes one to know one and that was life then and thanks to Elvis Presley, I'm still alive today.

Quote Originally Posted by TCBnAflash View Post
    it was obvious he was on something. I've read somewhere that he was dragged out of bed as a last minute to promote the special. I know he was one something, cause lets just say it takes one to know one and that was life then and thanks to Elvis Presley, I'm still alive today.
    If he was dragged out of bed- just his normal sleeping medication would still be working which might account for some of his problem. He does seem more tired looking than normal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast