Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69

Thread: what do you think would of happend to graceland if Memphis took control of it??

  1. #41

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post
    Btw, how could you have been in contact with Graceland in 80? It wasn't opened to the public until 82.

    There were people working there and looking after the place, and I was in contact with two of them at the time.

    Perhaps you could, er, look it up yourself?
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  2. #42
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post
    Then don't complain if nobody posts the info for you, if you can't look it up or research it yourself.

    And no....the world is nothin like it was in 1980's. It's changed a lot and the way news and media traveled in those days is nothin like it does today.

    Btw, how could you have been in contact with Graceland in 80? It wasn't opened to the public until 82.

    Like I said, if you wanna know more about it then go to the library the next time you're here in Memphis and do research on "Graceland and highway project".
    You seem to make some good points, don't stop posting cause some don't like to believe or have friends in low places.

  3. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    memphis, tn
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    There were people working there and looking after the place, and I was in contact with two of them at the time.

    Perhaps you could, er, look it up yourself?
    Personally I couldn't care less if you knew Vernon himself.

    Good for you.

    As for me lookin it up....please. Like I got time to spend all day on a computer.

    I told you what I knew. Either accept it or don't. That's your choice.

  4. #44

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    You seem to make some good points, don't stop posting cause some don't like to believe or have friends in low places.
    Funny. No, really ...

    And, like all logical people, I will believe something only when I have actual proof presented to me... not hearsay and fairytales.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  5. #45
    I Dreamed a Dream Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    17,834
    Please stick the the subject.

    I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

  6. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    memphis, tn
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    You seem to make some good points, don't stop posting cause some don't like to believe or have friends in low places.
    Thanks Presley31.

    I don't claim to know everything, and I'm still learnin things about Elvis.

    But I do know things others don't because of livin here and learnin firsthand.

  7. #47
    TCB Mafia May's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Perhaps you could apply this sound advice to yourself?

    Yet again, presley31, you cannot distinguish between someone not liking something you said and someone simply disagreeing with what you have posted.

    You are hands down the most aggressive poster on here .)
    I have to agree with you, Getlo.

  8. #48
    TCB Mafia May's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post
    I'm sorry, but you're wrong about this.

    First of all, Graceland was in financial dept after Elvis died.

    .
    Actually it wasnt in debt. It was SOON to be in debt, but it wasnt in August 1977

  9. #49
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    Actually it wasnt in debt. It was SOON to be in debt, but it wasnt in August 1977
    graceland was in debt, says that everywhere you read about graceland

  10. #50
    TCB Mafia May's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,977
    go away you silly girl

  11. #51
    TCB Mafia May's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,977
    Hmmmmm - what was someone saying about you being "aggresive" -
    You sure have proved them right

  12. #52
    TCB Mafia May's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    graceland was in debt, says that everywhere you read about graceland
    and do please get your facts right

  13. #53
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647
    Don't know whether Graceland was in debt or not.....but you all have been talking non-sense for a while here.
    I don't want to be the 'peacemaker' but neither the one side(you know who you are) or the other one knows the 'truth'. Because as i can see we will never find an answer which we will all agree with.
    I am not saying we shouldn't discuss, but we should discuss like mature people.
    Stop arguing everyone...it's just useless. We should use this forum as a place where we can relax and have some fun
    Sorry for being so off topic

    -Where's Suzan now??? lol

    ,

    Marija

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    I?m not going to argue with you because i can see you are fixated with your EPE and Graceland expansion wonder and you are free to do it really but your statement about Memphis wanting to buldoze the house of one of their worldwide known legendary residents is more than impossible. Do you think they were drooling toodlers or what?
    Donut I love your posts and how you phrase things and once again find myself in full agreement with all you've said.
    As for the city looking into aquiring Graceland, that is true enough...but that's where the truth in his statement ends.
    I think we've discussed this b4 and I gave info on that whole situation, therefore will not bore you guys w/repeating it here.

    Good thread though.
    Last edited by Suzan; 09-26-2007 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Me and my typos

  15. #55
    LOL Marija friend, just saw ur post...I'm here hon I'm here.

    Graceland was NOT in debt at the time, it had the POTENTIAL to be so because of the yearly upkeep and no new revenue coming in, and Col. @ that time was still taking his fees out of what was coming in.
    Elvis left an estate worth 5 million, to me not a bad some for 1977, and not bad for today either...nobody here would turn that some down if offered to them.
    The POTENTIAL to be in debt, looming yes, but when decision made to open Graceland itself was fine.
    I agree Marija, unless by some act of God, EPE opened up their vaults and ledgers, untampered, raw, for us to look at, nobody except them (and their stories change) will know for sure, so to argue amongst ourselves is pointless and a waste of time, but to state our opinion and have that opinion respected, well that would be the optimum.

    May, wasting your breath, don't let anyone get to you...some always make statements and then have nothing to back it up with. Ignore, it's water off a ducks back as a wise man once said to me.
    Last edited by Suzan; 09-26-2007 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Drat typos

  16. #56
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    LOL Marija friend, just saw ur post...I'm here hon I'm here.

    Graceland was NOT in debt at the time, it had the POTENTIAL to be so because of the yearly upkeep and no new revenue coming in, and Col. @ that time was still taking his fees out of what was coming in.
    Elvis left an estate worth 5 million, to me not a bad some for 1977, and not bad for today either...nobody here would turn that some down if offered to them.
    The POTENTIAL to be in debt, looming yes, but when decision made to open Graceland itself was fine.
    I agree Marija, unless by some act of God, EPE opened up their vaults and ledgers, untampered, raw, for us to look at, nobody except them (and their stories change) will know for sure, so to argue amongst ourselves is pointless and a waste of time, but to state our opinion and have that opinion respected, well that would be the optimum.

    May, wasting your breath, don't let anyone get to you...some always make statements and then have nothing to back it up with. Ignore, it's water off a ducks back as a wise man once said to me.
    There you are lol.
    Always here when needed. Are you sure???? - Sorry lol

  17. #57
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    l meant graceland was in dept by the time priscilla got a hold it from vernon, but it doesn't matter cause this thread is going nowhere

  18. #58
    Hi friend! U call I show up!
    I'm pretty sure...

    I never said you did Presley31.

  19. #59
    Here's a bit of info...I got this from EPE Inc. book:

    At the time that Pris took over and heck even at time Elvis passed away, you know who he owed the biggest sum to? And who was Graceland's largest creditor? Priscilla. Elvis burrowed money from her after the divorce and hadn't had time to pay it back @ time of his death...so if she TRULY cared about her daughter and Graceland, wouldn't you think she would have signed away that debt?
    So no Graceland was not in trouble when she gained control of the estate, that is HER story....which she has her $$$ for maintaining...Graceland did have the looming potential to be in trouble...but again I think there were other means maybe avail..
    Like someone said on this forum, it's not our right that Graceland is open, it's a privilage. And it's been a cash cow for the ex..
    Last edited by Suzan; 09-26-2007 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Can't type today~excuse my typos

  20. #60
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    Hi friend! U call I show up!
    I'm pretty sure...

    I never said you did Presley31.
    That's what i meant...lol...we all have different opinions that we believe that are true. It's funny, but true Life....lol


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What happend to Mario???
    By stefankoch in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 03:40 AM
  2. Activex Control
    By geordie in forum Off topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2006, 08:01 AM
  3. What happend to my post on Elvis becoming an gospel singer
    By curtis simpkins in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 06:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •