Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zippin Pippin could still end up at Graceland

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    It was sold to private investors and taken down and removed from Memphis...so how is it that it now found it's way back?
    Also I don't believe this for one minute...who is the City councilman? Please give a name, he is a PUBLIC official so I'm sure he has his name mentioned all the time.
    JMO
    The Pippin's been here all along. It never was removed, just closed down, along with Libertyland.

Yes, it was sold to a private owner, but because of some contract with the city, the coaster cannot be removed according to a judge's ruling.

He was supposed to remove it by a certain time and he didn't. Now it's Memphis' unless they can't come up with a permanent location to save it.

If they don't find somewhere in the city to put it, then the owner can move it out of the city.

The city council officials are Tom Marshall and Robert Lipscomb.

Thank you for the names.

Those are the names of our city officials who are in control and lead for the development projects around town, like the new plans for Graceland and Whitehaven.

They're not my source. But my source knows certain ones connected to the city council board.

Hmmm so who is your source then? And yes am aware of these names as you can look them up online under Memphis City Council.
    This is purely fabricated or you can pm me your "source" I won't let it.
    Also I've sent some emails out to these people along w/folks I know at EPE..I will keep you posted as to what they say.

Hmmm so who is your source then? And yes am aware of these names as you can look them up online under Memphis City Council.
    This is purely fabricated or you can pm me your "source" I won't let it.
    Also I've sent some emails out to these people along w/folks I know at EPE..I will keep you posted as to what they say.

My source is private but very reliable.

All I'll say is that he's not been wrong yet.

And EPE aint always truthful.....they lie to cover their own a$$es.

I thought there was an organization that's trying to salvage Libertyland and the owner of the Zippin Pippin donated it back in hopes that it would help save Libertyland and bring it back to life. that's what I read here http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=12457
    I hope they didn't change their minds in saving it, so the Zippin Pippin get to stay where it is.

Once while visiting my family in Memphis my aunt took me, her daughter, and my niece to Libertyland and we got to ride on the Zippin Pippin. It was my niece's first roller coaster ride ever and she never forgot it. She was very excited that she got to ride on the same roller coaster as Elvis had. This was some years ago .

So ... what'd I miss in the last 12 hours?
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Please stick to the subject and please stop interjecting your personal opinions about other members. Thank You.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post
    Yes, it was sold to a private owner, but because of some contract with the city, the coaster cannot be removed according to a judge's ruling.
    ???

can you help me and explain please, lakeisha?

libertyland was shut down. understood so far.

zippin pippin was sold to a private owner. understood so far.

this new owner MUST NOT remove the rollercoaster due to a court runling and because there are some contracts with the city, still effective? NOT understood.

1/ why should anybody buy a rollercoaster if he cannot move it for further business due to a court ruling? NOT understood.

2/ did the seller tell him 'hey, you can spend you money on it, but afterwards you can't run it here in this place since libertyland is shut down!? NOT understood.

3/ if there exist 'contracts' with the city ..... wouldn't these be automatically be terminated with the shut-down of the amusement park? NOT understood.

4/ even if it wasn't so, why on earth should the city insist on this contract to be fulfilled after the shutdown of libertyland and the ride being out of service anyway? i mean ... what could be their intention behind it? NOT understood.

5/ why and how could - on this basis - the former owner anyway get the permission to sell it if there were existing contracts with the city? did he deliberately cheat on the buyer by not telling him? or is the buyer a crap-dealer who was aware of buying a huge amount of inoperable & unmoveable metal? maybe he wanted to dismantle after termination of the coaster's 'contract' with the city and sell in lots of 100 grams on ebay . NOT understood.

He was supposed to remove it by a certain time and he didn't. Now it's Memphis' unless they can't come up with a permanent location to save it.
    ???

how could anybody suppose the new owner to move it as there was a court ruling that prohibited exactly that - move it? NOT understood.

shall he ask scotty of the 'enterprise' to beam it somewhere else? oh wait, is 'beaming' identical with 'moving'? in this case even beaming wouldn't work, would it?

If they don't find somewhere in the city to put it, then the owner can move it out of the city.
    wait a minute: if he doesn't move it - which he is not permitted by the court ruling - then it automatically becomes property of the city of memphis?

that would IMHO imply that the official memphis administration made some innocent fool spend his money on buying the pippin without ever having the slightest chance of either moving or running it. are these gentlemen criminals? NOT understood.

and then, after the poor fool bought it, was obviously supposed to move it by the memphis administration if he didn't want to loose it but at the same time wasn't allowed to move it though because of the court runling ..... and after it hence automatically became the property of the city of memphis ...... if THEN memphis cannot find some other place for it to sit on ...... THEN this guy will be not only supposed, but also allowed to move it?? NOT understood.

i mean, if memphis was so eager to get the pippin, why didn't they buy it right from the beginning? NOT understood.

just realised there is an awful lot i don't understand ..... - but i DO look forward to your explanations and to learn.

ellie
    Last edited by EDOEP; 09-29-2007 at 04:53 AM.
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

EDOEP! I posted another thread on this.
    And you have very very very good ?.
    I was told the City actually DOES WANT it moved as it is sitting on their land.

EDOEP! I posted another thread on this.
    And you have very very very good ?.
    I was told the City actually DOES WANT it moved as it is sitting on their land.
    i saw there is another thread and read it. no problem with it. maybe i spent all of my litte poor old brain on understanding yours and there is none left for understanding the postings in THIS?

all joking apart now, let's get serious and back to topic.

i did find lakeisha's posting quite confusing with all those (alleged? real?) facts that contradict each other. wonder if she or any other member is willing to explain. don't assume i am the only user who has problems in understanding. normally i am not regarded as low-brain nor would i rank myself into that league, but in this special case i'm at a loss.

i can hardly believe the city of memphis is acting that strange. i mean ... memphis is not located in a (proverbial) 'banana republic' or 'absurdistan' . reading lakeisha's posting one get's the impression, though.

hugs, ellie

PS need to check out your posting again and hope to find some info shedding light on that mysterious 'court ruling'.
    Last edited by EDOEP; 09-30-2007 at 02:47 AM. Reason: addendum added
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12