Thread: Elvis Saves Wisconsin Boy

Elvis Saves Wisconsin Boy

After the Elvis: Viva Las Vegas went off the local news came on and they mentioned that Elvis saved some kid here in Wisconsin(Madison). So I watched the news until they brought it back up again. It did come back up and it was a pretty neat story. They now have a marker where the incident happened. So today I went on the news website to see if they had the story on there so I could post it on here: http://www.wisn.com/video/14149670/index.html

Have anyone else heard about this before?

yes this has been around the traps before and was reported at the time (I have a clipping somewhere).
    It's a legitimate story
    rick

Such a great story and he was so brave

ELVIS WILL ALWAYS BE "THE KING"

Before someone ruins it, I'd like to get a photo of the marker . Anyone seen a still shot of it?
    I googled but it kept bringing up stuff in Memphis .
    Last edited by JDD; 09-22-2007 at 06:00 PM.

Smile

...CUTE STORY FOR THIS TOWN.

Here's the story:

"I'll take you on"

ELVIS SWINGS INTO ACTION--BUT WITHOUT HIS GUITAR

Madison, Wis (UPI)--"That was Elvis, no doubt about it," the young service station attendant said. "He was overweight and had jet black hair."

Two youths were ganing up on the attendant, Keith Lowry Jr., about 1:00 a.m. Friday when rock star Elvis Presley strode up to the service station like it was a Hollywood set.

"All right, I'll take you on," Presley told one of Lowry's attackers.

Presley, 42, finished a concert in Des Moines Thursday night and flew to Madison for a show Friday night. His limousine was en route from the airport to a hotel when he saw the fist fight.

Presley surprised his parents, managers, and three bodyguards when he joined the fight. The swivel-hipped singer was still wearing the blue jumpsuit from the Des Moines concert.

Though it has been said he is skilled in martial arts, the 42-year-old Presley never threw a punch. The fight broke up when Lowry and the two youths recognized him.

Lowry's father owns the east side station, and one of the youths apparently had lost his job pumping gas. Presley did not leave until tempers were cool.

Bruce Frey witnessed Presley's biggest brawl since the movie "Jailhouse Rock" and said, "Elvis asked: 'Is everything settled now?"

"He was willing to fight," said Thomas McCarthy, one of several police officers providing Presley with security. "That's the bad part."

Presley shook hands and posed for several pictures. He seemed amused by the whole episode as he got back into the limousine.

Thank you Tony for the article as I couldn't bring up the site posted by awickedreign drop. Interesting, don't doubt he was ready to fight if he had to.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Thank you Tony for the article as I couldn't bring up the site posted by awickedreign drop. Interesting, don't doubt he was ready to fight if he had to.

Diane

Diane,

You're welcome. If anyone has the book, "The Elvis Album" from 1992 the article can be found in there on page 279.

Backstage Pass
    That was so great he is still a hero.

what a heartwarming story...he was just so wonderful....he always was for the under dog, it probably reminded him of his younger days when he wasnt the most popular guy...thank you for sharing this, it's the first time I have heard it.

I wonder if pictures will ever show up since they said he posed for several pictures??
    Cool 70's

Good thing he didn't punch no one, as he did in the 50's when he took a swing at a gas station attendant (that I think owned the gas station) and went to court for

Cool

I've known of this for quite awhile.It's just another example of how wonderful a human being that Elvis really is,right to the end,what an unbelievably thoughtful and incredible guy!!!!!I actually did post something about this and was asked if there were any pictures,but all i could find was a version of the story!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post

Diane
    I'm sorry that you couldn't get to the website. I tried to view the video on Firefox and it wouldn't let me see it. I was trying to find pictures also and stumbled upon the very same video on youtube. I hope it lets you see it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pDSkCyCXZw

Quote Originally Posted by nolvis View Post
    I've known of this for quite awhile.It's just another example of how wonderful a human being that Elvis really is,right to the end,what an unbelievably thoughtful and incredible guy!!!!!I actually did post something about this and was asked if there were any pictures,but all i could find was a version of the story!
    I never heard this story before that Tuesday night. The sad part is, I live in Wisconsin. I can't find pictures of it either, you would think that there are some out there somewhere.

Cool

As stated in the post i put up regarding this story,i don't think there was any photos taken,at least not of the thugs because they took off when Elvis confronted them!!!
    Last edited by nolvis; 09-23-2007 at 12:13 AM.