View Poll Results: which is your favorite elvis preformance?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • ttwii

63 65.63%
  • 68 comeback

19 19.79%
  • aloha

14 14.58%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is your favorite elvis preformance?

what is your favorite elvis preformance?

which elvis preformance is your favorite. ttwii, 68 comeback, or aloha? mine has to be ttwii..elvis just is so great in these.

Vocally....Aloha (I mean, his voice is GREAT everywhere but this one was just WOW!) I know...some think it's too ballad heavy and that we can't see the real "moving" Elvis, but I love the show.
    And he looks good too! I prefer the Rehearsal show as he was more relaxed on that one

TTWII and the Comeback Special are amazing, but Aloha wins for me lol

I can`t answer your question.....because I love them all......they are very different, but they are all great in their own right.....really

Elvisia

International Level rhythmknights's Avatar
    68 Comeback for me, just because of the unplugged portion, & of course, he looks great in leather!
    All I wanted was a white knight with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset Baby, I'm forever yours

Loved them all of course, but loved TTWII best because it was so informal and you got to see Elvis as himself as well as performer.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmknights View Post
    68 Comeback for me, just because of the unplugged portion, & of course, he looks great in leather!
    lol...Yes, he looked stunning in leather...I admit lol

I think this is the same question in this topic
    http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=14032

But I can say I love them all..but If i really have to one.. it is maybe ?68 or TTWII.. Hard to say
    [CENTER]"The only time I can be me is when I walk through the door and lock it from the inside" -Elvis

My favorite is TTWII

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Lightbulb

Are you kidding me ? Lol-lol !

...........Honestly, I figure all 3 are one each of thier own. Obviously,each one was so different and was in a different era and for that each one was a real Special of it's own Character in it's Historical place at it's time.
    ...........68TV.... had it's aura of Elvis singing on TV for the first time in such a long time while looking sleek in the Black Leather matching Jet black hair and swooing the stageside live audience was just so different than anyone else.
    ...........TTWII.....pure white, flying fringe, karate gyrating Elvis again being so new and creative in it's own birth. No one else had done !!
    ...........Aloha.... Again, Secluded from live TV since 1968 we have Elvis doing a concert beamed the world over "live" via sat. while we see a first from Elvis a "stage show" behind him flashing Elvis figures mirrors and looking Groomed and perfect through our tv's.

...........it's really very hard because they all have their own very perfect place in history being created from Elvis showing why he STANDS ALONE 2ND to NONE !!
    .the image is one thing and the human being is another...it's very hard to live up to an image......................

agh such a hard choice!! well i haven't seen the Aloha! one YET, so its between '68 comeback and TTWII .... gotta be '68 comeback! purely on the fact that he looked lovely in that black leather suit
    I've got those hup, two, three, four, occupation G.I. Blues, From my G.I. hair to the heels of my G.I. shoes

It's a really hard decision 'cause I like all those performances... they're so different

Anyway, my vote is for That's The Way It Is...pure perfection of voice, energy and form

I loved all three of them but "68 Comeback" would be my favorite since we can only pick one. Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

It's the leather for me The '68 Comeback
    He looks so good in leather

ELVIS WILL ALWAYS BE "THE KING"

I Think it has to be Aloha..just cos thats my favorite..if there is a favorite that is...lol
    Aloha he just looked so good,I know he didnt move so much,but the arora he projected was just electrifying..
    very hard to choose between all three though.
    Rosanne 4/27/59-7/22/09 Rest in Peace

http://malc07.tripod.com

My Radio shows every Thursday and Sunday at 7pm UK time

Quote Originally Posted by bittersuite View Post
    It's the leather for me The '68 Comeback
    He looks so good in leather
    Couldn't have put it better myself
    ELVIS THE KING - TODAY TOMORROW & FOREVER

That's The Way It Is: Need I Say More ?

Coming On Strong
    TTWII --- Polk Salad Annie was great! He really got a work out during that performance.

Cool

I love them all also,and i love the CBS Special as well!!!There's something special for everybody in everyone of his specials!!!

Each television special presents Elvis at a different point in his career.

The "'68 Comeback Special" was just that...a punch in the arm for Elvis's career and a comeback and it succeeded in putting Elvis at the top again.

The "That's The Way It Is" movie gives us a "behind the scenes"-type of look at Elvis that no one had been able to capture up until that time of his preparations for his Las Vegas shows and I find it (sans the girls with the cat and some of the other footage from an Elvis convention) a fairly good movie for it's time--although I prefer the 2001 SE of the movie over the original one.

The "Elvis: Aloha From Hawaii" show (at least the actual January 14, 1973 broadcast) isn't as exciting to me because Elvis doesn't seem as "loose" and comfortable as he normally would have and I believe it's a combination of nervousness and the stuff/drugs/medication/whatever you wanna call it that he was taking (EEK! Please let's not go down that road again!!) but there's no denying the fact that he was "under the influence" of "something" in both the rehearsal and actual show--and I'd venture to say that he was on "downers" or "sleeping pills" for the rehearsal show because his speech is very slurred in certain spots during the show.

I consider "Elvis: Aloha From Hawaii" to be his last great "triumph" in his career...after that, there basically wasn't anything else for him to do or any mountains left to conquer because Colonel Parker/RCA didn't have the foresight to keep the momentum going and so it was back to Vegas and doing the draining tours--from which he desperately needed a break from.

I don't think the CBS Television special deserves to be included because that special itself should have never ever happened. But it did--and it was only because CBS waved $750.000 in front of Vernon and the Colonel and they got greedy and accepted the offer for CBS to go ahead and begin filming.

OK...fire away...I'm ready for the negative comments.....*puts up a shield to protect myself*
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 09-22-2007 at 03:29 PM.

I wonder why I never see any info on Elvis' appearance as the entertainment in the middle of the World Championship Rodeo in the Astrodome in Houston? I think it was his first personal appearance after the movies. A friend and I drove 650 miles to see him. We had tickets for the rodeo (to see EP) that night but got there early enough to try for the afternoon performance. there was only "standing room only" tickets left, so we got them, so was able to see 2 performances that day. He sang "Kentucky Rain' for the first time, I believe. Introduced it, I guess I am trying to say. He did an incredible job there, but the only pictures I have ever seen of it are mine. Anyone know anything about why we never hear of this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast