Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's ABC Special not getting much promotion

Tonight's ABC Special not getting much promotion

It is only 8 hours away and I have only seen ONE commercial advertising it. There isn't even an add on Elvis.com which is EPE's official site. What is going on with them *****s? I am afraid it is going to be a flop in the ratings. You would think with all the big names like Paul McCartney, Beyonce and 50 Cent that they would promote it more.

Oh well. Another lost opportunity for the King.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

I haven't even seen one commercial, but I could have missed it!

I just hope it's more on Elvis, than the guest stars!

franny

I've seen a fair amount of them in my market. That said it doesn't look like much of a special from the commercial they are running. The short clip interviews with people that didn't know him. I don't expect much insight there. Personally I don't give a Rip what "Fitty" or Toby Keith think but thats just me. Maybe it'll surprise me .

Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    I've seen a fair amount of them in my market. That said it doesn't look like much of a special from the commercial they are running. The short clip interviews with people that didn't know him. I don't expect much insight there. Personally I don't give a Rip what "Fitty" or Toby Keith think but thats just me. Maybe it'll surprise me .
    If the opinions given are heartfelt, maybe it will show that his career still touches new entertainers into this generation. But if it looks too scripted it will come off that way -which will prove nothing to young people.IMO

I can only hope for the best. Anyone else singing Elvis' songs will sound awful anyhow. Only Elvis could sing these songs in such awe!

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

You're scaring me guys, it sounds like we're all in for a big disappointment.

I guess we'll find out in a few hours.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    You're scaring me guys, it sounds like we're all in for a big disappointment.

I guess we'll find out in a few hours.

Diane
    I was also hoping for the "never before seen performances" end of this. It looks so far like this was hype. Hope I'm wrong.

I've seen it about 5 times in the past 3 days now.. Twice today durin soaps.

They're sayin good things about Beyonce bein on the show and about Elvis as well over at BW, her fan forum.

They were all agreeing with her comment about him bein sexy and flawless and how he still has sex appeal to today's generation of girls. Yep...he sho does!

I think with Beyonce bein on there, it'll be a hit and draw in new fans, mainly black fans. She's as close to him as as a modern day legend as anyone today could be.

I'm actually disappointed that JT aint on it.

He's the new Pop King and a well known Elvis fan and admire. He sings Heartbreak Hotel durin his shows as a tribute.

Why are some of yall complainin? It's not like there's much unseen pro shot footage of him around. Be glad they're doin the show period.

Would yall rather they didn't do a special at all and just let him die off with time and history and be forgotten?

I'm sorry, but some of the Elvis fans don't seem to undertsand his importance to future generations. That's why they did the show......to hook new and younger fans. The same thing their doin with the new plans for Graceland.

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I was also hoping for the "never before seen performances" end of this. It looks so far like this was hype. Hope I'm wrong.
    On the the info that I got from Dish Network this is what it says:

Elvis Presley impscts Las Vegas; stars performs his hits; newfound clips.

Now if that means what we see on That's The Way It Is 2 disc set or other footage I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    On the the info that I got from Dish Network this is what it says:

Elvis Presley impscts Las Vegas; stars performs his hits; newfound clips.

Now if that means what we see on That's The Way It Is 2 disc set or other footage I don't know.
    I had found that also. I assumed all along that the new clips would be something already out there in one way or another but had hoped that maybe someone would say "Hey lets give them something truely new" I have seen some clips recently on the TV guide network which I had never seen and they were not from TTWII or EOT. They were about 15-20 seconds in length and I had hoped perhaps more of those was what they were going to use.

I think a lot of us have seen disappointing, not so special, specials in the past . So like I said before, Maybe It'll surprise me , I have the DVR set so I'm giving it the chance, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Its nice to try and please the "Future generations" but lets just hope they remember and try and keep it decent and interesting to the loyal decades long followers that have been rowing the boat and spending the bucks all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post
    Why are some of yall complainin? It's not like there's much unseen pro shot footage of him around. Be glad they're doin the show period.

Would yall rather they didn't do a special at all and just let him die off with time and history and be forgotten?

I'm sorry, but some of the Elvis fans don't seem to undertsand his importance to future generations. That's why they did the show......to hook new and younger fans. The same thing their doin with the new plans for Graceland.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post

I am not going to get into a debate about why they do these shows I agree with your presumption. They would not have to say "unreleased performances" to draw the new kids to maybe watch-thats why they have the current stars on the show to get them to watch. "Unreleased performances" would mean nothing to the young kids who are not interested in Elvis. The "unreleased performances" is the hook for WE FANS. It is a let down to hear "unreleased performances" and not get any. Thats my complaint if thats what you want to call it. IMO

I just saw an add a while ago during World News Tonight. It said it included never before seen home movies. I didn't know that it was basically a spinoff of 20/20 series. So it's more of a news documentary/tribute special.

I do hope that this will lead to bigger things for the future to get EP back on television on a regular basis. Maybe in 2008 we will get the first-ever television airing of The Alternate Aloha for the 35th anniversary on ABC, CBS or NBC.

I do agree with Lakeisha that we shouldn't be complaining that much about these special and should be embracing them. To the rest of the non EP fan world the footage is rare and new to them. Maybe not to us but we aren't their main target. We fans who have seen it all need to put into perspective that this is NEW to others who haven't seen it.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    It is only 8 hours away and I have only seen ONE commercial advertising it. There isn't even an add on Elvis.com which is EPE's official site. What is going on with them *****s? I am afraid it is going to be a flop in the ratings. You would think with all the big names like Paul McCartney, Beyonce and 50 Cent that they would promote it more.

Oh well. Another lost opportunity for the King.
    The sky is falling......again.

Coming On Strong
    Twenty minutes in & looking good.

So far the show is very informative and entertaining. But the footage looks dated and not that great. Hopefully the live performances will be better. Faith Hill rocked That's All Right. Beyonce hasn't even been featured yet.

Priscilla looks gorgeous.

The show would be so much better if they didn't have these no talent so called performers butchering his songs. They should have left hose performances out and stuck with the interviews and footage. But actually it is a good thing that they are showing these preferences. It goes to show just how dynamic and powerful he was compared to today's so called "stars".

Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    I just saw an add a while ago during World News Tonight. It said it included never before seen home movies. I didn't know that it was basically a spinoff of 20/20 series. So it's more of a news documentary/tribute special.

I do hope that this will lead to bigger things for the future to get EP back on television on a regular basis. Maybe in 2008 we will get the first-ever television airing of The Alternate Aloha for the 35th anniversary on ABC, CBS or NBC.

I do agree with Lakeisha that we shouldn't be complaining that much about these special and should be embracing them. To the rest of the non EP fan world the footage is rare and new to them. Maybe not to us but we aren't their main target. We fans who have seen it all need to put into perspective that this is NEW to others who haven't seen it.
    We are all glad its on- no one has said we don't want shows like this. I just want a little "truth in advertising" that is not to much to ask.

What I see, I see one clip unreleased, it's for 4 seconds long
    it's more A Triblue To Him
    Tom
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast